Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 26004 times)

kashell

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2015, 03:52:44 pm »
Well, this was a surprise. My sexy-ass partner and I were organizing the attic and he said, "Oh hey! I found my old Atari." I laughed at how passé he was about it because I was stoked. It was like he found an old pair of shoes or something XD

So yeah, now I own an Atari 2600, a vast amount of accessories and some games. I doubt I'll ever play them since it's a pain to set the system up, but it's pretty neat to see this aspect of video game history. The games are:

Air-Sea Battle
Asteroids
Breakout
Chopper Command
Defender
Demon Attack
Donkey Kong
Football
Frogger
Grand Prix
Ice Hockey
Night Driver
Pac-Man
Pitfall!
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Real Sports Football
Skiing
Space Invaders
Star Raiders
Super Breakout
Swordquest Fire World
Tennis
Warlords
Yars' Revenge
Zaxxon

I was really surprised.

bobster

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2015, 04:04:05 pm »
So yeah, now I own an Atari 2600, a vast amount of accessories and some games. I doubt I'll ever play them since it's a pain to set the system up, but it's pretty neat to see this aspect of video game history. The games are:
Grats on the find! I don't have a working atari myself, but I've heard all you need is a rca to coaxial adapter for the atari to work.

Something like this:
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028MXOF6/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_2096965722?ie=UTF8&keywords=rca%20to%20coax&pldnSite=1&qid=1436817688&redirect=true&s=videogames&sa-no-redirect=1&sr=1-1
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2015, 04:37:07 pm »
That...doesn't seem too bad. And the price is right. Thanks for the tip, bobster!

pacpix

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2015, 09:55:20 pm »
Grats on the find! I don't have a working atari myself, but I've heard all you need is a rca to coaxial adapter for the atari to work.

Something like this:
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028MXOF6/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_2096965722?ie=UTF8&keywords=rca%20to%20coax&pldnSite=1&qid=1436817688&redirect=true&s=videogames&sa-no-redirect=1&sr=1-1

Yup that's all I used to set up my 4-switch model 2600, and later my 7800.

You have a nice set of games there Kashell!  Definitely worth setting up at least once just for fun.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2015, 09:43:31 am »
Right on. I'll be picking one of those up soon.

Yesterday, my copy of Atelier Judie (PSP version) arrived yesterday. It came sooner than expected so I am very excited. Atelier Annie started to get far too redundant so I'm anxious to pop this one in and see what's in store.

gf78

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2015, 10:04:02 am »
Grabbed a long box PSone game.
Street Fighter Alpha for $7. I'm not made at that.

Nice.  When I first bought a PS1, everything was in a longbox.  Picked up Street Fighter Alpha, Rayman and a few others back then. 

Because of my retarded OCD, I avoided purchasing longbox titles after that because they didn't fit physically with the rest of my PS1 games that were all pretty much in jewel cases.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Veilor

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 02:22:29 pm »
I got Gran Turismo 4 for about 1€ today at a flea market.

abe

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2015, 02:30:13 pm »
Got a Shulk Amiibo from EB Games today. :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »
Found a new Tales of Xillia 2 CE at GS, and managed to get it for $55 with discounts.

argyle

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2015, 05:00:14 pm »
Stumbled across a mint copy of Blue Dragon today for $10 @ GS. :) Probably the last 360 game I *really* wanted to get - there are a few more I wouldn't mind if the price is right, but nothing I feel like I have to have.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2015, 11:08:47 am »
Stumbled across a mint copy of Blue Dragon today for $10 @ GS. :) Probably the last 360 game I *really* wanted to get - there are a few more I wouldn't mind if the price is right, but nothing I feel like I have to have.

Even though I don't have an Xbox or 360 at this time, I still pick up games for them if they are in a series I collect, dirt-cheap or from a developer I like.  That being said, I would have been all over a copy of Blue Dragon as well.  Good catch.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2015, 05:42:08 pm »
Grabbed 4 Dreamcast games and 3 nes manuals for $25

Prince of Persia:Arabian Nights
Blue Stinger
Aerowings
Industrial Spy

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2015, 06:17:13 pm »

Took advantage of the 4th of July Sale that Nintendo had on refurbished 2DS systems. 60 dollars for basically a new Crystal Red sounded good to me. No scratches on the screen. There nothing wrong with it from what I can tell. Just a tiny bit of dust. It came with all the packaging goodies. They weren't afraid to blast "Refurbished" on almost every side of the box.

In that same order I also got a new GBA SP battery. Yes, they still sell those.  ::) Probably a good time to do so before they stop making them forever.

Warmsignal

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2015, 09:20:02 pm »

spac316

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2015, 11:27:01 pm »
I recently bought Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories for PS2 and Alien Syndrome for Wii.