Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 25990 times)

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2015, 11:38:35 pm »
A local game store had this for at least 4-years (not surprised) and after watching some gameplay of it last night and deciding it looked pretty cool, i decided that I would buy it. However, the thing that really sold me on getting this specific copy was that this game has literally jumped in value to be $50+. It was a no brainer at that point :p

gf78

« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2015, 11:05:04 am »
I apologize in advance for not adding pics.  I do this stuff at work and most everything is blocked.  Without further ado...

Resident Evil Dead Aim for PS2 complete (light shelf wear)
Resident Evil Survivor for PS1 complete (like new)
Resident Evil Outbreak for PS2 complete (light shelf wear, light scratches)
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 for PS2 complete (light shelf wear, light scratches)
The 3rd Birthday for PSP brand new
Parasite Eve for PS1 complete with demo disc (light scratches on disc one)
Parasite Eve 2 for PS1 complete (light shelf wear)

and....an APF TV Fun model 401 system!  Found this while helping a buddy clean out old abandoned trailers, storage sheds and a dilapidated garage on his family's property in the boonies.  I instantly recognized it as a console I had when I was a baby (it was my dad's) when I saw the light gun.  My friend gave it to me along with some other assorted stuff. 

My friend made out like a bandit.  We found a box of N64 games.  Lots of sports stuff, but also gems like F-Zero, Jet Force Jemini, Resident Evil 2, Star Wars Rogue Squadron and Shadows of the Empire.  Turok 1 and 2 were in there as well.  An Atari 2600 in the box, a brand-new Game Genie for the NES sealed and tons of other accessories. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2015, 06:56:04 pm »
Slowed but not stopped.

Got a couple more Game Gear games and Castlevania the Dracula X Chronicles for PSP.

At $12 dollars it's a great and cheap way to experience Symphony of the Night!

Bonus, it's a remastered version with better graphics and bonus features!

foxhack

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2015, 06:58:50 pm »
A local game store had this for at least 4-years (not surprised) and after watching some gameplay of it last night and deciding it looked pretty cool, i decided that I would buy it. However, the thing that really sold me on getting this specific copy was that this game has literally jumped in value to be $50+. It was a no brainer at that point :p

*weeps*

I still want this. :(

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2015, 08:02:58 pm »
Haven't gone really hunting for abit, but today at Walmart I saw the Link to the Past comic for only 16 bucks and had to grab it, maybe on just the cover alone.  The art itself isn't anything special, but it's a cool little series and good to add to the collection.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2015, 08:49:28 pm »
I'll have to hit up Walmart this weekend!

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2015, 09:01:12 pm »
I'll have to hit up Walmart this weekend!

Can't guarantee they are there as this was the only one I saw and it was in the strategy guide section, but good luck on grabbing it :)

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2015, 03:39:19 pm »
Actually found a couple games at the Salvation Army.  Jet Moto I remember loving when I was young, Nobunaga's Ambition being just an oddball strategy game I figured I'd grab, and the pod racer game on PS2 I never played, but I remembered liking the N64 one, so I'm hoping this one is fun.

theflea

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2015, 10:40:12 pm »
On Thursday it rained so bad there wasn't much for sales and only picked up a couple things, but on Friday and Saturday I did manage to score some nice pick ups.  ;)

First the Store/Online pick ups....

WiiU
Been seeing this game rise in price lately and even Gamestop wants $60 for it. Saw this at a local used game store for $40 and figured I better grab it.
- New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi Bros. U

And that's the only store/online pick up this week. lol
Now onto the garage sales...

XB360
On Thursday that rained all day I picked up a Rock Band 2 set, Had the game, Guitar, Drum set (not shown) sticks, pedal & microphone all for $3. I couldn't pass on it.  :P

Stopped at a sale that had a large amount of 360 and PS2 games, only got 2 games it was pretty much picked over.
XB360
- Grand Theft Auto IV Liberty Complete Collection  ($5)
PS2
- Cold Winter ($1)

A sale advertised "Video Games" and when I got there I only saw a small stack of Wii Games, I only saw one game I was missing and they where all crap. I asked about anything else and the guy said Ya I have some PS3 games. and he brings out a stack of sport games.  :-\ Well they where only $1 a piece so WTH, picked out the ones I was missing.  :P
PS3
- Madden NFL 10
- NCAA Football 09
- Need for Speed Shift
Wii
- Madagascar 3

Wii
Next sale I found a couple Wii games at but I only saw one I was missing, they wanted $5 a game, I tried to get it for a lot less but the best they would do is $4. Normally I'd pass on this game for $4 but It had it's slip cover and that isn't easy to find.
- Medieval Games

Wii
Stopped at a multi condo sale (mostly old people) and did find one sale with a Wii bundle for $50. There was 3 games I was interested in the bunch and asked about him selling them. At first he didn't want to separate it but finally he said $5 a piece, but we finally agreed on $12 for all 3.
- Madden NFL 13 (ya normally I wouldn't pay this for a sport game, but this was the last Wii Madden and it still sells for over $20.)
- Wii Sports (best seller, I wanted the case) :P
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wii
Found this one Wii game for $1 at a sale, I didn't own it so grabbed it.
- Super Swing Golf

Stopped at a huge 20+ community sale and walked up to a sale as they open, and as they are setting up I ask about video games, the boy said he had some Wii games and runs inside to get them, as I wait the mom asks me to help her move stuff out so I helped her while I waited. lol The boy brings out a large stack of games, and as I'm looking through them his little sister starts saying she didn't want him to sell "her" games. I'm thinking oh-oh, and she pulls out mostly the crappy games like Littlest Pet Shop and such and leave these for me to get for $2 each.
- Mario Kart Wii
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Super Mario Galaxy 2

Found a Skyrim collector's Guide at a sale for $1.

Found a PS3 remove (sealed) for $2.

Found a SNES Adapter for $1. They also had a Super Mario World Manual I got for free.

N64
Stopped at a sale and see N64 games on the table. They where only $1.50 so I picked up the few decent titles.
- Star Fox 64
- Wave Race 64
- Pokemon Stadium

GBA
I asked about video games at a sale and the lady said she had a bunch of gaming systems but they where her son's and he didn't want to sell them, (I hear this a lot) but her daughter spoke up and said she would sell her system. So she ran inside and brought out this...
- Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP (charcoal 101 model) in the box.
It was in great shape and was only missing the charger. We agreed on $12.  ;D

Saw a sale advertise "Old Nintendo and Genesis" they started the sale on Friday but they didn't put the ad up til late Friday and by the time I saw it I figured it would be gone. I got there and the NES was gone, but the Genesis with one game was left. It was only $5. Was missing cables but had controller the game was nothing special but for $5 I picked it up.
- FIFA International Soccer

I saw a sale advertise video games and knew who was doing this sale, He's a game collector and has a Youtube channel. I've meet this guy a few times and knew his games where not going to be average garage sale prices. I stopped by on Friday and only his wife was there and she couldn't do any deals. He always prices at average retail so resellers wouldn't buy everything. But I knew he would make a deal for fellow collectors. So I came back on Saturday and he made me a deal on all these games for $100. Seeing one of these games has been selling lately for over $50 alone it wasn't a bad deal.
GEN
- Flashback (CIB)
- Mutant League Football (CIB)
- Trouble Shooter (CIB)
N64
- Pilot Wings 64 (with manual)
SNES
- First Samurai
VITA
- Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collectors's Edition

GEN
On Thursday I stopped at a sale and saw a large box full of Genesis and CIB games (about 15 games) The games where just okay, 10 of them where crappy sport tiles and the rest where common titles. I asked about price and was told $140.  :-\
The lady would not go down in price and refused to separate anything. She told me to come back Saturday and she'll deal with me if it was still here. Knowing no one would buy this lot (at least anyone who knows their stuff) odds are it would not sell, so I came back Saturday and sure enough it didn't sell. I asked about $50 for the whole thing but she would take less then $100. If the games where better I might have gone for it but it was mostly sport games and common stuff. But there was one game I wanted due to it's oddness.
She again refused at first to separate anything, and said she'll just sell it on Ebay. And I told her one of the games she could not sell on Ebay due to it was a Pirated game, so she finally agreed to sell me this one game for $5.  :P
- 8 in 1 combo cart.

And last the best find of the weekend.
I stopped at a community sale and while i was leaving one sale I saw another sale open their door and start setting up. I ask about video games and the lady said she had an old Atari with some games.  I told her I'd love to see it and she brings out a N64 with 2 controllers, all hookups and an okay game. she said she had more games. She comes out with a stack of games and a stack of GBC/GBA BOXES!!!  :o
I look through the N64 games and see a few really good games and then see the boxes has some great titles too. She couldn't find the handheld games but game me the boxes with this set. I got all of this for $30.  ;D
N64
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
- Supercross 2000
- Perfect Dark
- Pokemon Stadium
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Super Smash Bros.
GBC/GBA boxes
- Spongebob Squarepants: Legend of the Lost Spatula (with Manual)
- Spongebob Squarepants: Revenje of the Flying Dutchman (with Manual)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
- Dragonball Z The Legacy of Goku (with Manual)
- Pokemon: Puzzle Challenge
- Pokemon Gold Version
- Pokemon Ruby Version (with Manual and card still sealed)
- Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:55:47 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2015, 11:43:05 pm »
^^^   Nice haul on the GBA/GBC boxed stuff.

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2015, 05:06:53 pm »
I've been looking for a copy of this game FOREVER! Finally found one at a very good price :)

retroone

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2015, 06:07:01 pm »
I browsed through a Goodwill this weekend and found an Original Xbox for $8! I bought Tetris Worlds with it for about $3. It was a very nice find as for Original Xbox's have seemed to jump in price lately. Nevertheless I finally added a new console to my collection this month.

bobster

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2015, 07:09:52 pm »
Earlier in this thread we were talking about replacement cases for games. Anyone have any suggestions for PS2? I know I could come across some cheap sports games, but I'm just seeing if anyone has found anything of decent quality elsewhere.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2015, 09:05:11 pm »
I don't feel like taking a pic but I got Suikoden III and IV off of eBay for a decent price. Man I'm gonna plow through this whole series this year ...

kashell

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2015, 08:18:27 am »
My brother inspired me to get a copy of Eternal Darkness, and it arrived over the weekend. Also, I used my Game Stop birthday coupon to snag a copy of Final Fantasy Type 0. I'll be getting a PS4 at the end of this month and it's been lots of fun looking at which games are available for the system.

I don't feel like taking a pic but I got Suikoden III and IV off of eBay for a decent price. Man I'm gonna plow through this whole series this year ...

Did you get Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden Tierkreis? I wasn't able to finish either of them, but I'm pretty sure they aren't very long. I know that Suikoden IV isn't very long. You just might be able to get through all of the games before the end of the year. Keep up the great work!