Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 27098 times)

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2015, 04:02:34 pm »
It's Konga time!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2015, 08:31:00 pm »
Had a fun day. Found 2 games I didn't have.

Wizardy
Genghis Khan

What's weird, I found both of them twice today. Crazy.

32 to go
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:39:31 pm by turf »

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2015, 10:04:54 pm »
Saw that they have some Mortal Kombat X figures out now and couldn't pass up a Sub Zero.  Wanted Scorpion also, but they are a smidge pricey I feel at 20 bucks.  Just the one for now.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2015, 10:23:57 pm »
Love some nice Thrift Shop surprises.  Got this all for 30 bucks, in particular gettings the two Mario games for 6 bucks and the N64/Genesis games for another 6 bucks :D

Great pickup!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2015, 10:25:39 pm »
More pickups trickling in...

Wing Commander III for 3DO (CIB)
Mutant League Hockey Genesis (CI)

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2015, 02:08:49 am »
More pickups trickling in...

Wing Commander III for 3DO (CIB)
Mutant League Hockey Genesis (CI)

Two extremely high quality games right there :)

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2015, 06:27:32 am »
Cannon Spike

This game has been at my whishlist for so many years, hope you don't mind but really hope that you can upload some images of this title  ;D

I finally sat down and played Cannon Spike for the first time tonight. Wow! It's pure fun. I must've had a smile on my face the whole time. ;D You've gotta track one down! (plus they seem to be trending slightly cheaper on eBay recently)

doafan

« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2015, 11:30:39 am »
I finally sat down and played Cannon Spike for the first time tonight. Wow! It's pure fun. I must've had a smile on my face the whole time. ;D You've gotta track one down! (plus they seem to be trending slightly cheaper on eBay recently)

That's why I wanted this title so much, used to play it at the arcades years ago and it's pure fun unfortunately my financial situation right now doesn't allow me to purchase my copy but I really don't lose the hope, when that time finally come will purchase one in Amazon cause really don't know much about eBay and how to manage purchased there  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

kevininja

« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2015, 01:03:29 pm »
Got New Art Academy for 8 euros.

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2015, 01:43:07 pm »
Retro game store today! With some saved credit and some new trade-ins, I got some fun goodies.  I saw he had these silly Army Men action figures, and when I bought Vicki, but wasn't interested in Plastro, cause I mean...look at him...he's like a dried out poop lol...He gave it to me half off so as to not split them up.  Totally fine with that, I remember loving the games on N64.

Finally got Spirit Tracks to finish my main series Zelda collection.  Now it's all about getting boxed versions and like Greatest Hits/Players Choice variants.

Got the NECA Godzilla with the NES paint job which is silly, but I love Godzilla.

And for the heck of it and cause its cheap, I got Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii.  I haven't played the series since the first one, so it'll be cool to get back to the series eventually.

doafan

« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2015, 02:30:17 pm »
No offense but a couple a friends have purchased the Spirit Track without manual and case just like you, can I ask how much did you pay and why the hell is becoming so expensive, have found the game card only at Mercado Libre and really don't believe that is less expensive even than Amazon, it's becoming rare ?, if it's it will definitely be my next target  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2015, 03:50:25 pm »
No offense but a couple a friends have purchased the Spirit Track without manual and case just like you, can I ask how much did you pay and why the hell is becoming so expensive, have found the game card only at Mercado Libre and really don't believe that is less expensive even than Amazon, it's becoming rare ?, if it's it will definitely be my next target  ;)

Not sure exactly that it is going up in price too much, cause it's only about 30 to 50 bucks on Ebay that I'm seeing for a CIB version.  Pretty average pricing for a Zelda game I'd think.  I got my Spirit Tracks for 20 bucks and I thought that was actually a good deal, but that looks to be similar to the Ebay average too lol  I could even say its better, cause I can physically have it, no shipping worries, or any other fees attached.

What is outrageously overpriced is the freaking Link Between Worlds collector's edition guide...Good god, $100+ for a relatively new strategy guide? Why?! I've bought most of the others for like 20 and 30 bucks a piece, but this one is as much as a CIB Link to the Past for the SNES? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?! I'm certainly not skimping on the collector's guide when a new Zelda is coming out now lol
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:53:22 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: July 2015
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2015, 07:27:07 pm »
Got pacman and toon link amiibos

telly

« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2015, 12:18:16 am »
Bought a Konami Justifier light gun for the SNES at a garage sale for 10 cents. Now I just need Lethal Enforcers.. and an actual Super Nintendo  :o
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

theflea

« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2015, 03:13:53 am »
Had some decent finds at the garage sales and saw something at a sale I thought I'd never see again... To bad I couldn't get it.  :-\

First the store/online buys.

A FIFA 2015 steelbook case for free.

PS4
- Onechanbara ZII Chaos - Banana Split Limited Edition
- NBA 2K14 (on clearance for $10)

XBone
- Dying Light

PS3
Found these on clearance cheap.
- Duck Tales Remastered ($8)
- Saints Row IV ($4)

XB360
Found these on clearance brand new
- Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows part 2
- Army of Two: The Devils Cartel

Wii
Saw this at Gamestop for under $2 and it looked so silly Thought I'd nab it.  :P
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas

PSP
Pick this up brand new for $3.
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Also picked this up for $40.
- Sony PSP Hannah Montana edition.

NDS
Found these on a clearance table dirt cheap.
- Jump Start Deep Sea Escape
- A Christmas Carol
- My Healthy Cooking

PS1
Stopped at a used book store and saw this for $2.
- Final Fantasy IX (loose discs)
They also has this for $2.
PS2
- Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

XB
Stopped at a local used game store and they had a Xbox Halo edition sitting on the shelf. It was system only and he told me I could have it for $40. It worked great and I've been looking for one, just sucks it didn't have the controller.

Now for the garage sales.....

XBone
- Garden Warfare ($7)

A Colecovision Flashback brand new in the box for $15.

Wii
Found random games from different sales
- Ninja Reflex (sealed $4)
- Hysterical Hospital ($2)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii ($2)
- Wall-E ($2)

PSP
- Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 ($1)

A Spider-Man Plug and play for .25c  :P

Stopped at a sale and asked about games and the lady said her husband had a bunch of stuff and called him to bring it over. I left and came back latter and it was a samll box full of mostly junk, but there was a few things I got...
- A Nintendo Game Boy Color (purple) $1
- Power Quest (GBC) ($1)
- A NES Controller for $1
- Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt ($1) "not pictured"  :P

Found a couple PS2 memory cards for $1.50

Stopped at a sale and asked about games and she said she had a whole stack of games she didn't bring out and I wait in the hot sun for a while and she brings out one game saying it was all she could find.  :-\
N64
- Wave Race 64 ($1)

GBC
Some random games I picked up from a few different sale for cheap.
- Pokemon Pinball (.25c)
- Mary Kate & Ashley: Winners Circle ($1)
- The New Adventures of Mary Kate & Ashley

GBA
Found a ton of cheap snicklefritz GBA games from various sales.
- Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy ($1)
- Disney Sports Skateboarding ($1)
- Disney Sports Basketball ($1)
- Sports Illustrated Kids: Football ($1)
- All-Star Baseball 2003 ($1)
- High Heat Baseball 2002 ($1)
- NFL Blitz 2002 ($1)
- Madden NFL 2002 ($1)
- Backyard Baseball ($1)
- Backyard Football ($1)
- Little League Baseball 2002 ($1)
- Paws & Claws: Pet Resort (.25c)
- The Ant Bully ($1)
- Rugrats Castle Capers ($1)
- Chicken Little ($1)
- Disney Princess ($1)
- Enchanted ($1)
- All Grown Up! Express Yourself ($1)
- Elf Bowling 1&2 ($1)
- Pink Panther ($1)
- Tak 2 ($1)
- American Dragon Jake Long ($1)
- Spyro Orange ($1)

Stopped at a sale and asked about games, they bring out 4 games, and I bargained them to 5.50 for this stack.
PS2
- Monster Rancher 4
PS1
- Spyro the Dragon
- Spyro the Dragon 2
PC
Normally I pass on PC games, but this I couldn't pass on.
- Final Fantasy VII

PS2
- Spider-Man: Friend or Foe ($2)
XB
- Outrun 2 ($2)
- Star Wars Starfighter Special Edition ($2)

PS1
- Warhawk (longbox) ($2)
- Ridge Racer Revolution ($2)

Stopped at a sale and asked about video games, the lady there said no, but a random guy there said he saw an old Atari at a sale down the street. So a got there asap and sure enough there was an Atari 2600 sitting there complete with Pac-Man, 2 controllers and Adapter. I asked how much? was told $10, asked if she'd take $5 and she said sure. Needs a good cleaning, other then that I god buy for $5.  ;)

Stopped at a sale and asked about games and the guy said he had some Genesis, so as I wait his friend starts talking about how gaming prices has gone crazy lately (I'm thinking oh lord, they are gonna ask stupid prices) he brings out a stack of games and I ask how much and he says $2 for the stack. lol
GEN
- Pit Fighter (with case)
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Pat Riley Basketball
- Hard Drivin'
- Cliffhanger
- Genghis Khan II

Hit a sale and asked about games, at first they said no and as I was about to leave another lady said she might have something. She goes in and brings out a Gamegear with 3 games. She had no idea if it worked and I told her how many Gamegears have issues and I offered $5 and she said yes. Good news it works, bad news no sound.  :-\
GG
- Sonic 2
- Pac-Man
- Desert Speedtrap

Found a sale on Craigslist that advertised "Super Nintendo & Playstation" I emailed the seller asking about the SNES but they wouldn't sell it early and they listed "no early birds" The sale started at 8am so I showed up at 7:30 thinking I was going to be waiting in the car til they opened. I get there and they are already setting up and I was didn't see anyone else. So I walked up and asked figured the worst case they tell me no sales til 8. I asked about the video games and she said she didn't get them out yet because she had no idea what went with what system. I told her I'd help her so she invited me in her house and I go through a box full of tangled cords and put together everything that went with each system. She was so thankful and there was only 5 SNES games and a system (missing adapter) and the PS1 was all crap games, nothing I wanted. There was 3 of the SNES I wanted and she said $10 for them plus a NES adapter that was for some reason in that box.
SNES
- California Games II
- Donkey Kong Country
- Mortal Kombat
(the 2 I left behind were some baseball games I already had)

Hit a sale advertising "video games" and they had games alright, all crap for PS2 and XB mostly sports games for $2-$5 each  :P
But they had a stack of something that caught my eye. A Coleco Quiz Wiz with several games most all with their boxes. And they wanted $10 for it all.  ;)

And last the sale I wanted to get but couldn't. I stopped at a random sale and asked about video games, the lady said she had something but there was already someone that left their card and she was going to sell it to them. I was thinking "damn reseller" I talk to her trying to convince her not to let some reseller take it and maybe I could offer more. So she takes me into her home and shows me what it is... It was a Sharp Nintendo TV combo.  :o
I picked up this same system about 5 years ago from a garage sale for $100. I look it over and the only issue I see is it's missing the Game Door but it had the settings door (which mine is missing) I asked if she had the controllers and she said yes but didn't know where they where ATM, She didn't have the remote and one of the legs was cracked. But all the feet where there. I asked price but she just said make an offer. I told her how the last time I saw one of these it sold for $100 and offered that but she said she'll sell it to me if the reseller offered her less. (sigh) So I tried $150 and she was set to offer it to this reseller first. So I left and this is not where the story ends. I stopped at Gamestop and was there talking to the employee's like I always do when the phone rang. She picks up the phone and she looked confused. She looks at me and asks (knowing I know a lot about video games) do you know what a Sharp Nintendo TV is? I almost wanted to take the phone from her, but just told her I was just at her sale and she wouldn't sell it to me. Gamestop doesn't take this so she told her I couldn't help her and hung up. So much for her saving it for this reseller, she was shopping it around for the highest bidder. (sigh) I never thought I'd ever see this again at a garage sale, and I wanted the settings door for mine and a buddy of mine already told me he'd go $150 for one if I found one again, I was going to pass it on to him. He was so disappointed when I told him.  :-\
I know these can go for a lot more, and shipping is insane but I really didn't want to offer a lot more unless it had the game door and the remote. 
Here's a Picture of the one in my game room.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:38:40 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"