Author Topic: Possible Mega Man Legends Spiritual Successor by Inafune/Comcept  (Read 3431 times)

Re: Possible Mega Man Legends Spiritual Successor by Inafune/Comcept
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 05:15:40 pm »
God, it really pains me to see Red Ash doing so bad :/

I at least hope it makes it's funding goal. i'd be really disappointed if it failed to even make that.

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »

I at least hope it makes it's funding goal. i'd be really disappointed if it failed to even make that.

I could see it coming back later for a second try since it's very clearly not going to make it.  I think it's just really bad timing on their part.  If Mighty No. 9 becomes a success, I think that is when they should bring it back, show that they got things going right, build the hype up for it then maybe with a tech demo.

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 11:44:15 pm »

I could see it coming back later for a second try since it's very clearly not going to make it.  I think it's just really bad timing on their part.  If Mighty No. 9 becomes a success, I think that is when they should bring it back, show that they got things going right, build the hype up for it then maybe with a tech demo.

I hope so too. The current campaign just seems so deflated and it's hard to imagine it will even earn the $800,000 needed for minimum funding. But yeah, it is horrible timing, coming right after Bloodstained, and during Shenmue 3. There is a lot of overlap in those fan bases I'm pretty sure.

abe

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 08:16:28 am »

I hope so too. The current campaign just seems so deflated and it's hard to imagine it will even earn the $800,000 needed for minimum funding. But yeah, it is horrible timing, coming right after Bloodstained, and during Shenmue 3. There is a lot of overlap in those fan bases I'm pretty sure.

I agree with the overlapping fan bases. I really wanted to back the Kickstarters for Bloodstained, Shenmue 3, and especially this one, but I only had the money to back Bloodstained. :( Red Ash looks pretty promising so it's hard to not get super disappointed by how poorly the kickstarter is doing.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 12:12:50 pm »
The problem isn't bad timing, it's that they targeted the wrong audience. Mega Man Legends, Mega Man 64, MM Legends 2, and Misadventures of Tronn Bonne were all CONSOLE releases for CONSOLE gamers. But whoever started this Kickstarter had the bright idea to put it out on PC. Which a lot of CONSOLE gamers don't even bother with PC gaming other than basic games.

I can understand a physical release maybe being a bit too pricey. But why not release it via Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, and Wii U Shop?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:16:18 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 10:20:58 am »
This was incredibly stupid to do before Mighty No. 9 even released. It makes them look incredibly greedy. Why not.. oh I don't know, use the profits from Mighty No. 9 to fund your own game?

abe

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 07:00:30 pm »
Comcept has added a PS4 version stretch goal. A PS4 version will be made if it reaches $1 million. This might encourage more people to back the project, but I don't think it'll make a huge difference at this point. There's 10 days left and it's a little over halfway to the 800k, maybe it might make it to the PS4 goal but it's hard to say for sure. Fingers crossed. :)

soera

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 10:58:17 pm »
The problem isn't bad timing, it's that they targeted the wrong audience. Mega Man Legends, Mega Man 64, MM Legends 2, and Misadventures of Tronn Bonne were all CONSOLE releases for CONSOLE gamers. But whoever started this Kickstarter had the bright idea to put it out on PC. Which a lot of CONSOLE gamers don't even bother with PC gaming other than basic games.

This is my issue. I hate seeing kickstarters of games that obviously should be console games being released only on PC.

stealthrush

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 03:55:53 am »
I really hope this kickstarter fails, so Kenji can get his act together and release it without fundraising. At least release MN9 first, then go from there.

abe

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 09:29:35 pm »
Sooo... this happened: http://gematsu.com/2015/07/red-ash-fully-funded-fuze-ps4-xbox-one-pc

The game has been fully funded by Chinese company Fuze Entertainment and will release on the PS4, Xbone, and PC. If the Kickstarter reaches the goal all of the money will go towards extra content instead of the just the main game.

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 10:36:43 pm »
Sooo... this happened: http://gematsu.com/2015/07/red-ash-fully-funded-fuze-ps4-xbox-one-pc

The game has been fully funded by Chinese company Fuze Entertainment and will release on the PS4, Xbone, and PC. If the Kickstarter reaches the goal all of the money will go towards extra content instead of the just the main game.

Well that is super awesome.

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 03:00:56 am »
Things really are a mess for Comcept these days, but we might get at least an episode of the Red Ash anime though.  It only has to get about 18k in the next day.  We are also guaranteed to get the Red Ash game, but the kickstarter is going to clearly fail to get extra funding. It even lost some backers, which is understandable, especially since Comcept has just delayed Mighty No.9 into next year.  Seriously bad timing on their part with this project.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:02:54 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 09:26:14 pm »
The anime for Red Ash is getting funded, it really managed to get quite the fund injection in the last few hours to make it over the minimum amount.  Shame we are only getting what amounts to basically a teaser for it with 12 minutes of animation.

Of course the Red Ash game failed, though at least we are still getting a game out of that.

soera

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 11:40:20 pm »
I kept up with the Kickstarter for a while ... wasnt too fond of how the game was panning out so I decided not to back it ... plus the fact that it was almost $100 just to back a physical copy. I havent seen a standard game cost that much in years. Mighty no 9 > Red Ash.

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2015, 12:08:40 am »
I kept up with the Kickstarter for a while ... wasnt too fond of how the game was panning out so I decided not to back it ... plus the fact that it was almost $100 just to back a physical copy. I havent seen a standard game cost that much in years. Mighty no 9 > Red Ash.

I'd pick Red Ash any day over Mighty No. 9 no contest, it just wasn't handled well, especially with Might No. 9 still struggling to make a release date.  It doesn't instill confidence when you can't get your first Kickstarter out in a timely matter at all.