Author Topic: Region "All" PS3 games.  (Read 3529 times)

razorbeamz

Region "All" PS3 games.
« on: March 09, 2015, 08:19:17 pm »
I've noticed that three of my PS3 games, (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Stare Battle, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, and Ultra Street Fighter 4) say "all" as the region on the spine instead of "1". Does anyone know more games that fit this? I'm guessing it's mostly newer ones.
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

Re: Region "All" PS3 games.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 09:47:45 pm »
it was my understanding that all ps3 games are region free but i don't know much about sony stuff

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 10:21:30 pm »
These are the ones that I have that say "ALL". The rest in my collection are region 1.

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Drakengard 3
One Piece - Unlimited World Red
Resistance 3
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
Uncharted 3

razorbeamz

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 12:37:04 am »
it was my understanding that all ps3 games are region free but i don't know much about sony stuff

PS3 games have regions, it's just that they (usually) aren't locked. The only region locked game I know of is the region 1 version of the original Persona 4 Arena, which was region locked to stop Japanese PS3 owners from reverse importing it before the Japanese release.

I'm not sure on all of the regions, but Region 1 is North America, 2 is Europe/Australia, 3 is Japan, and Korea and Asia have their own region codes too. The PSP uses the same regions and also wasn't locked. Here's some more info

Also, PAL games won't play in SD on an NTSC PS3 and vice versa. But they play in HD on all PS3s.

abe

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 01:08:06 pm »
I've noticed that three of my PS3 games, (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Stare Battle, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, and Ultra Street Fighter 4) say "all" as the region on the spine instead of "1". Does anyone know more games that fit this? I'm guessing it's mostly newer ones.

From what I've seen, any PS3/PS4/PS Vita games that released from 2014 onwards have the "All" region on the packaging. For the PS3, it's on the spine. On the PS Vita and PS4 it's on the back of the case. I can't confirm this for the PS4 though, since the only one I have is from after 2014, but it's a fairly safe assumption.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:56:20 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

razorbeamz

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 06:44:54 pm »

From what I've seen, any PS3/PS4/PS Vita games that released from 2014 onwards have the "All" region on the packaging. For the PS3, it's on the spine. On the PS Vita and PS4 it's on the back of the case. I can't confirm this for the PS4 though, since the only one I have is from after 2014, but it's a fairly same assumption.

Out of my Vita games I only have one "Region 1" game, LittleBigPlanet Vita. Danganronpa 1 and 2, Senran Kagura, and Tearaway all say "All".

abe

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 06:58:23 pm »

From what I've seen, any PS3/PS4/PS Vita games that released from 2014 onwards have the "All" region on the packaging. For the PS3, it's on the spine. On the PS Vita and PS4 it's on the back of the case. I can't confirm this for the PS4 though, since the only one I have is from after 2014, but it's a fairly same assumption.

Out of my Vita games I only have one "Region 1" game, LittleBigPlanet Vita. Danganronpa 1 and 2, Senran Kagura, and Tearaway all say "All".

Maybe it's not just from 2014 then, since Tearaway came out late-2013.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

deftommo

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 06:58:53 am »
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is "ALL"