Author Topic: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Dies At 55  (Read 3651 times)

kashell

Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Dies At 55
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 08:08:58 am »
55 is way too soon. This is a sad loss.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 09:23:31 am »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 02:23:39 pm »
Very sad news. A good friend of mine said early on this year that 2015 was just going to be a horrible year. And the further we get into it, the more he seems to be proven true :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

retroone

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 02:49:18 pm »
Rest in Peace Satoru Iwata.

Warmsignal

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 04:06:03 pm »
 :'( So sad.

Very depressing news, I had no idea about his health. He's gone too soon, but his brilliance and his work will live on.

rancesama

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 06:17:29 pm »
What a sad day not only for Nintendo but for the gaming industry as a whole. One of my favorite quotes from him was when he said that his business card has him as a CEO, he feels more like a developer, but in his heart he is a gamer. I wish more presidents of gaming companies had the same approach. The industry would benefit from it.

Maybe not everyone agreed with his choices, but he has left a positive mark on the industry. He will be missed and whoever becomes the next president has some big shoes to fill. It's hard to think of anyone being funner to watch when they bring Nintendo Direct, "direct to you!"

That being said, it will be interesting to see who takes over. I know for now Shigeru Miyamaoto and Genyo Takeda will take over until they find a permanent replacement as they are both senior managers. I know there has been talks of Miyamaoto doing it, but at the age of 62, and already looking to lighten his load, I think Nintendo is looking elsewhere.

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 08:06:48 pm »
Very sad news. A good friend of mine said early on this year that 2015 was just going to be a horrible year. And the further we get into it, the more he seems to be proven true :(

While Iwata's passing is very sad, this year has been one of the best I've ever had so far. I guess this is always a subjective thing however.

gf78

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2015, 10:14:02 pm »
Very sad news. His family has my deepest sympathies.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 08:14:18 am »

Hmm. I dunno...there has been so much good this year so I'm feeling the opposite. The year started off not very promising with the Charlie Ebdo tragedy and there have been other sad stories much like this one, but 2015 has been wonderful.

I guess it depends on everyone's POV. *shrug*

kam1kaz3nl77

PRO Supporter

Upcoming Pre-orders:

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 06:18:46 pm »
I want them to make a metal amiibo. non special edition. half goes to company and half goes to the family.They should make to where you can unlock him in super smash bros. that would be bad ass. https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-create-an-amiibo-of-satoru-iwata
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

Warmsignal

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 10:52:08 pm »
I want them to make a metal amiibo. non special edition. half goes to company and half goes to the family.They should make to where you can unlock him in super smash bros. that would be bad ass. https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-create-an-amiibo-of-satoru-iwata

That seems pretty cool. I'd like to buy one.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 11:01:38 pm »
Remeber guys, tonight Retro Reload podcast will be in his honor, so tune in, or if you wanna come on, we start in 30 mins

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2015, 11:27:13 am »

Enjoy

1049-2600-8730

ziondood

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 04:36:37 pm »
It came as a huge shock to me. You just don't know what you have till its gone. I guess I just expected to always see him representing and building the company. He will be missed greatly.  :-\