Author Topic: Internet Slueths Needed - Promotional Copy of Sega GT 2002 / JSRF  (Read 1994 times)

So recently I acquired a promotional copy of the Sega GT 2002 / Jet Set Radio Future bundle for PAL consoles. I was shocked to find one at first as I thought the bundle was only available to the NTSC market. However upon investigating the roots of this promotional copy I haven't been able to find anything on it. Was it supplied only to selected stores for demoing? Was it placed on the shelves for everyone to purchase? Is this copy a fake that someone put alot of time into? Personally I have no clue. So I'm asking if anyone here knows anything about the origins of this promo copy.
Picture below, cheers.

tripredacus

Re: Internet Slueths Needed - Promotional Copy of Sega GT 2002 / JSRF
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 09:47:27 am »
It was a pack-in for consoles, or perhaps available along with the purchase of the console. Searching on ebay.co.uk shows these are not rare or unknown.

It is mentioned here:
http://segaretro.org/Sega_GT_2002/Jet_Set_Radio_Future

But the part about it not coming in a case seems to be in error.

foxhack

Re: Internet Slueths Needed - Promotional Copy of Sega GT 2002 / JSRF
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 05:46:46 pm »
Look at this eBay Ireland listing. Apparently, one version of the game came shrinkwrapped as disc+manual only. However the one you posted has "promo" printed in the spine, and look at where the EAN is supposed to be - it says "Promotional Copy".

This may have come with specific Xbox models, possibly only in some regions. Or it might've been distributed to retailers or in trade shows. Who knows.

If the artwork isn't fake (as in, someone printed it) it's a valid alternate issue and it deserves a listing.