Author Topic: Anyone recognize this Japanese Video Game Gorilla? (Not DK lol)  (Read 767 times)

A guy on a local game FB page I'm a part of posted this picture of what is frankly a big statue thing, 20 to 30 pounds, and was told it was a Japanese Video Game character or mascot or something.  Anyone have anything on it? Some basic googling didn't come up with any details.  Figured that someone here might know about the Japanese side of gaming might recognize whatever this gorilla is.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:03:39 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: Anyone recognize this Japanese Video Game Gorilla? (Not DK lol)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 09:21:01 pm »
The style vaguely reminds me of Alakazam the Great (Journey to the West), a 1960s Japanese cartoon movie. -But I'm pretty sure it's not from that. Sorry.

yancakes

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 12:40:35 am »
Here's a lengthy list of gorillas in video games: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/07/28/who-is-the-best-video-game-monkey-ape-or-other-primate/

He doesn't show up.

I can't find him searching video games, anime or anything... but there is something oddly familiar about him.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 10:22:06 am »
I think, that it is some kind of unofficial clone of Donkey Kong mascot. There should be some inscriptions on it, if it is genuine stuff (maker, year or something).