Author Topic: Help uploading games from spreadsheet.  (Read 2095 times)

Help uploading games from spreadsheet.
« on: July 24, 2015, 02:44:51 am »
I want to add my game collection. I have far too many games to put in one by one. Is there a way to link them or send in my excel spreadsheet and get help?  :o

rayne315

Re: Help uploading games from spreadsheet.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 01:16:46 pm »
I want to add my game collection. I have far too many games to put in one by one. Is there a way to link them or send in my excel spreadsheet and get help?  :o

What do you mean by add? Do you have a lot of games that do not show up when you do a quick search? If not you can always just copy and paste the title into the quick search bar to make it easier.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:28:17 pm »
The easiest way to add games that I can think of is to go to an overall list for a particular system, like here http://vgcollect.com/browse/ps2

Then you can scroll down the page and check all the games that you have in the checkbox on the right side. You can then submit all those items at once without leaving the page so you can move on to the next page of games and repeat the process. If you want to put in specifics (like cart, manual, box, notes, etc.) I don't know how you can put that stuff in quickly. I think that stuff has to be manually updated :(

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:35:56 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 04:42:35 pm »
There's not really a way to do this right now. Just curious, if you already have your collection in a spreadsheet, why do you want to put it on this site?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 05:00:46 pm »
This might be something that an admin could answer...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 05:53:32 pm »
How much you willing to pay? For the right price, give me your password and email me the list, and ill do it for you. Might take a few days pending on how mny games.  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »
I don't think something like this would really be possible unless it was formatted in a very particular way made specifically to interact with the way things are listed on VGCollect... which varies depends on who submits it. For example, the proper format for listing different editions is something like "Champions of Norrath - Greatest Hits", but then you get stuff like this that doesn't do it exactly the same, so that would probably mess it up when you try to add something. Same with limited editions and such. You could possibly use catalog number, like SLUS-XXXXX, but two different versions of a game can share the same number.

I'm not an admin, but I think you'll have to add them one-by-one.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 07:42:42 pm »
Thank you for the replies! Looks like I have my work cut out for me! lol

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 07:45:11 pm »
How much you willing to pay? For the right price, give me your password and email me the list, and ill do it for you. Might take a few days pending on how mny games.  ;D

There'll be no phishing attempts on my watch, mister.

*ahem*

Unfortunately our database is pretty picky, so doing this automatically is simply not possible. :( The easiest way to do this is by using the advanced search option; pick a platform, then enter part of the game's name (for Super Mario Bros., enter Super Mario, and so on) to ensure the search results give you the right game since spelling, punctuation and article placement (that damn THE!!!!) may cause searches to fail.

I wish I could do more to help out. :(

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 08:05:06 pm »

There'll be no phishing attempts on my watch, mister.

*ahem*

Unfortunately our database is pretty picky, so doing this automatically is simply not possible. :( The easiest way to do this is by using the advanced search option; pick a platform, then enter part of the game's name (for Super Mario Bros., enter Super Mario, and so on) to ensure the search results give you the right game since spelling, punctuation and article placement (that damn THE!!!!) may cause searches to fail.

I wish I could do more to help out. :(

I am not phishing, he needs a service done, and I am willing to do it. I am on the podcast team, a handful of the guys have my personal facebook account including a mod. They have access to my personal cell number, along with where I live.
So it be hard for me to pull a scam and get away with it haha.

Just saying, but i understand your concern.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 08:25:45 pm »
<-- Can't tell a joke.