Author Topic: Is something wrong with the site?  (Read 1916 times)

rayne315

Is something wrong with the site?
« on: July 26, 2015, 07:21:39 pm »
Or is it just my brand new computer?

Im trying to enter in my weekend gaming scores into my collection but every single thing that should take me to a different part of the site (quick search, collection, browse, ect) all redirect me to the feed tab. The only links that are working for me is working are all the forum stuff.

So Is something wrong with the site or should I looking into a different non-packaged anti-virus?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Re: Is something wrong with the site?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 07:58:21 pm »
its working fine for me, but i cant really see your antivirus having an affect on how the page loads or re-directs. try manually entering the url for something like "http://vgcollect.com/item/1894"

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 08:04:35 pm »
its working fine for me, but i cant really see your antivirus having an affect on how the page loads or re-directs. try manually entering the url for something like "http://vgcollect.com/item/1894"

I tried both manually entering that url and clicking on it and they both redirected me to the feed page.

What I meant by the anti-virus is that I may/may not have a virus that isn't being picked up by my current anti-virus.

Also welcome to the forums Dirtymik3
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:08:01 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 08:11:00 pm »
I tried both manually entering that url and clicking on it and they both redirected me to the feed page.

What I meant by the anti-virus is that I may/may not have a virus that isn't being picked up by my current anti-virus.

Also welcome to the forums Dirtymik3

thanks! but i'm still not sure what kind of virus would just redirect users to a webpage's specific home page haha iv seen pop-up redirects and such but nothing for a specific site. have you tried other websites?

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 08:17:25 pm »
Yeah I also agree that it is most likely not a malware related issue.  Have you tried logging out and logging back in?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 08:22:43 pm »
this might seem kind of stupid, but it's worth checking....

sometimes when I type in something in the address bar (chrome) it automatically drops down and highlights my most frequently visited page from a certain website, so if you hit enter it automatically loads that highlighted page instead of how it would normally load if you hit the adress intended with your mouse.

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 08:25:58 pm »

Im trying to enter in my weekend gaming scores into my collection but every single thing that should take me to a different part of the site (quick search, collection, browse, ect) all redirect me to the feed tab. The only links that are working for me is working are all the forum stuff.

So Is something wrong with the site or should I looking into a different non-packaged anti-virus?

Seems like something is messing with the site cookies. Try logging out of the site and the forum, then log back into the site.

The thing about the main site (for me) is... whenever you visit it for the first time during your current browser session, you will always get sent to your feed first, then you can go anywhere else. So I'm guessing something is getting in the way of the site saving the cookies properly.

Could you try another browser to check if that happens there, too?

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 08:28:39 pm »
I am unable to "log in" to my account after I log out but apparently im able to "fake it" by selecting an existing vgcollect forum link I have saved to my web browser...

Same issue exists tho... also restarted my computer and that didn't work...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:33:22 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 08:31:53 pm »
Yeah that sounds like a weird issue. :| This sounds similar to a situation we had, the site and forum passwords were ... uh, desynched, so you couldn't log into both.

Looks like we have to tell matt. :(

rayne315

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 08:51:34 pm »

Seems like something is messing with the site cookies. Try logging out of the site and the forum, then log back into the site.

The thing about the main site (for me) is... whenever you visit it for the first time during your current browser session, you will always get sent to your feed first, then you can go anywhere else. So I'm guessing something is getting in the way of the site saving the cookies properly.

Could you try another browser to check if that happens there, too?

Thank you so much!! I downloaded Google Chrome and it seams like it has fixed this issue. It was not working not work for me on firefox or on windows explorer, so I am going to figure out how to check to see if my cookie got dissabled somehow (by me or by something else) in my usual browser.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully