Author Topic: OnLive Game System  (Read 3049 times)

Re: OnLive Game System
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 05:19:36 pm »
I think there is one major flaw.  Latency... Good luck, I don't care how much bandwidth you have.  @Matt, have you tried FPS multiplayer?

matt

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 05:43:09 pm »
I think there is one major flaw.  Latency... Good luck, I don't care how much bandwidth you have.  @Matt, have you tried FPS multiplayer?
Oh no and coming from this ex-competitive CS player, I never would. That is exactly why I tried out an FPS right away. I wanted to see how bad/good it was and I was pleasantly surprised. Fine for single player but not quite their for multi.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 05:55:27 pm »
@matt Ah ok, thanks!  This would be very important to me if I tried it out.

matt

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 07:05:26 pm »
Try it out. You've got nothing to lose. Accounts are free and you can demo any game for 15 - 30 minutes.

jcalder8

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 10:49:56 pm »
I don't want to try it! I am scared of change and if I like it then it might catch on and then I won't be able to collect games anymore..... DON'T TEMPT ME!

killerchameleon

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 06:14:41 am »
I kind of felt the same way, still stuck with that old mentality but then I started thinking.  I don’t buy CDs, DVDs or Bluerays anymore and I don’t miss them and the house is less cluttered.   Don’t have to worry about the media being damaged, I think once I get use to it I will probably prefer it that way.  Anyways it’s about the gaming experience as long as that’s intact I think it will catch on.  Also for me I’m not really a game collector, I like collecting the game systems and have a few key games to show off the systems so having the media in hand is not as important for me as it is for most of the collectors here.  In fact even though I own a certain game I mostly end up playing the emulation of it mostly because of convenience, I know you losses some of the nostalgia by playing an emulation but for the most part the experience of the game is still in tacked.  I also find appealing with cloud gaming is that I can pick up the game I was playing on my TV or computer and play the same game on my portable device being it be a laptop, tablet or smartphone, having all your game saves moving from device to device is a major plus.  I found a used Onlive micro system for the TV at Goodwill for only $29, I going to check it out by playing the free stuff for now.  If I like it I will probably pay the $99 for the year to play all their games for the year but I ‘m still not ready to leave my Xbox360 yet and I will always love pulling out one of the vintage systems and I will still go to the flea market or yard sale in search for a deal on a game I know nothing about.  The future is coming weather you like it or live in denial, the video game industry is bigger than the movie industry and the movie and gaming industry will be dependent on the infrastructure the money is there someone will step up to the plate to collect that money.

killerchameleon

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 10:19:29 am »
Not sure if any one is using Onlive but I’ve been using it now for a few months and so far I like it.  They now have over 200 games on their $9.99 service and a lot of them are some of the cool Sega Genesis games like Shinning Force, land Stalker and Wonder Boy everyone should give it a try, at least try it for free. 

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 04:15:16 pm »
I use OnLive all the time. I absolutely love. Latency is not an issue, but I have Xfinity High Speed Internet so that may be why. It allows my average computer to play some pretty nice games that I would otherwise not be able to play. I currently have about 18 games on the service last time I checked.

killerchameleon

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 09:11:26 am »
Looks like the OUYA game system will support Onlive.

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 05:58:57 pm »
Looks like the OUYA game system will support Onlive.

I wonder with the new news re: OnLive how things might our might now change for Ouya...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:50:30 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

topspot123

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 06:32:25 pm »
I might need a new tab:

Collection ; Wish List ; Sell List ; Games I used to have on OnLive