Author Topic: Summon Night 5 Physical Copy from Gaijinworks  (Read 10099 times)

abe

Summon Night 5 Physical Copy from Gaijinworks
« on: July 31, 2015, 10:07:37 am »
It's really happening! ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Gaijinworks
Summon Night 5 for the PSP/PSVita is getting a one time physical release in advance of its digital debut, and we can finally reveal the full package you'll receive.  It will include the game case with multi-sided full-color insert, game UMD with full-color label, full-color game manual, one of two randomly inserted gigantic 14" x 19" posters, a serial numbered hologram, a digital download code to download the game from PSN free, and the last, and biggest addition: the FULL ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK for the game, featuring all 37 music selections from the Japanese release of the OST in a full-size CD case with full-color inserts.   Yep, back up. Read that again.  You're welcome. And, thank YOU, too. YOUR SUPPORT made this inclusion possible!  All that's only going to cost $41.99 + $5 shipping anywhere in the US.  International shipping will be more.

It's really nice that the physical version of the game will come with a code for the digital version too. The rest of the package is pretty awesome too. :D

The presale for the physical version of the game opens up next week and will remain open until the end of August.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

Re: Summon Night 5 Physical Copy from Gaijinworks
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 11:10:49 am »
Sweet! I've been checking the site regularly and wasn't sure what was going to happen since they hadn't reached the goal of 6000 yet...

Exciting! The randomly inserted posters will drive collectors crazy... :'(
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:12:16 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 02:11:35 pm »
Ooooh, that is awesome! I was really hoping they would succeed, and those bonus are pretty cool too :)

davifus

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 02:24:49 pm »
Sweet! so the email sub we had to do was a count on how many people wanted to buy it or to reserve a chance to buy it?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 02:34:28 pm »
Sweet! so the email sub we had to do was a count on how many people wanted to buy it or to reserve a chance to buy it?

Pretty much, yeah. If you signed up for it you'll get an email next week as soon as the presale goes live.

The randomly inserted posters will drive collectors crazy... :'(

It's already driving me crazy knowing I'll be missing a version by only buying one. :'(

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 07:27:58 pm »
An email from Gaijinworks:

You're receiving this notice because you signed up for our Summon Night 5 LE PSP poll and indicated you wanted to purchase one or more copies of the presale-only physical+digital LE edition.
We wanted to let you know that presales of the game will be live on www.gaijinworks.com starting today at 5:30PM PST and will remain open until the next full moon (at the end of August). After this period closes, we will gently and lovingly manufacture only enough product to cover the amount ordered, and then the game will only be available digitally on PSN until our contract runs out, or the apocalypse/rapture arrives, whichever comes first.  Check the website main page at 5:30PM PST for the order link!
Thanks for your support!
GAIJINWORKS
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 09:47:13 pm »
I been waiting for about a hour now and I dont see a Link. Website did crash around 8:30 but still no link.

Never mind their Twitter has the link for it.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN5_presale_live.htm
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:48:51 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 11:54:15 am »

It's already driving me crazy knowing I'll be missing a version by only buying one. :'(

Leave it sealed & tell yourself you got a copy where both posters were accidentally included. Problem solved! :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 01:28:34 pm »

Leave it sealed & tell yourself you got a copy where both posters were accidentally included. Problem solved! :D

That's a tempting solution. If I did that I'd probably finally get around to opening and playing the Japanese copy of the game I've had for months. :P

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »

That's a tempting solution. If I did that I'd probably finally get around to opening and playing the Japanese copy of the game I've had for months. :P

Don't forget that they give you a digital copy as well, so you're basically buying two copies of the game for one price :D It's nice to know that I can leave it unopened if I want but can still play the game whenever.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 02:26:58 pm »

Don't forget that they give you a digital copy as well, so you're basically buying two copies of the game for one price :D It's nice to know that I can leave it unopened if I want but can still play the game whenever.

For some reason this never occurred to me. I had just assumed that the download code would be included in the game, but I guess it wouldn't since the digital version releases later than the physical release. Good idea. :)

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »
Really glad to see this. It's been years since any Summon Night games hit the US!

abe

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 11:05:03 pm »
Really glad to see this. It's been years since any Summon Night games hit the US!

Not to mention it's the first time a game from the main series has been localized into English.

argyle

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 08:42:42 am »

For some reason this never occurred to me. I had just assumed that the download code would be included in the game, but I guess it wouldn't since the digital version releases later than the physical release. Good idea. :)

Yep, they actually made a point to say that the code will be outside of the game so if you want to keep the game sealed you can still play it. :) Heck, wish they had done that with CoH2G - I still haven't opened that one.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 12:50:17 pm »

Yep, they actually made a point to say that the code will be outside of the game so if you want to keep the game sealed you can still play it. :) Heck, wish they had done that with CoH2G - I still haven't opened that one.

Is that what they did with CoH2G? I guess I wasn't paying attention. I know with CoH2 they emailed the PSN code separately from the physical mailing (I think because the physical version wasn't coming out until after the PSN launch).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas