Author Topic: This must be fake right?  (Read 1905 times)

rayne315

PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

Re: This must be fake right?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 02:45:20 pm »
It must be? I like how Dragon Quest III has the black "E" ESRB rating adopted in the late 1990s, while Dragon Quest V has a white "K-A" rating.

Who knows, I could be wrong through
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:47:12 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 02:45:26 pm »
If you consider repros fakes, then yes. It is not explicitly stated in the listing that they aren't official products, which is misleading so... yeah, fakes.

They're all repros made by a group called TimeWalk. Some people are willing to pay a decent amount of money for some of TimeWalk's stuff but $9000 is a bit much. :P TimeWalk used to have a website you could but their repros from, but they closed down a while ago. Some of the stuff they made were pretty cool and had a lot of effort put into them.

Here's a good article to read if you want to learn more about TimeWalk: http://www.retrocollect.com/Articles/interview-with-spencer-of-timewalk-games.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:11:42 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 03:37:55 pm »
They're fakes.

I've reported the listing to eBay. I'm not letting anyone get scammed out of nine grand over bootleg games, and most importantly, we romhackers do not like to see our stuff get sold.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:39:44 pm by foxhack »

dreama1

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 08:33:18 pm »
They're fakes.

I've reported the listing to eBay. I'm not letting anyone get scammed out of nine grand over bootleg games, and most importantly, we romhackers do not like to see our stuff get sold.
He adds sealed to the listing what a joke. Yeah very misleading repros are never sealed.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 09:20:17 pm »
More fake than Joe Biden's hair.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

theflea

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 07:30:33 pm »
I don't care that he's selling reproduction games on Ebay, but there's no way in hell that anyone should pay $9,000 for these.
You can buy any of these repro's for about $30 then buy the repro boxes for another $20-$30.
So each game is worth about $50-$60 a piece at best. Adding a seal on these makes no difference to repro's.
The total value is $750 max. The guy is trying to rip someone off.
The one game in this lot i feel is deceiving is Stadium Events, you know it has to be a repro due to everything else is.
But someone who doesn't know better might fall for this. So ya I hope Ebay removes his auction.
"Happy game hunting!!!"