Author Topic: First video game you ever played?  (Read 14329 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: First video game you ever played?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 05:01:01 pm »
Dang. I don't know.

I think my first game was Pac-Man on the 2600. I'm not sure, but I think that's the one that got my cherry.

thewelshman

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 06:00:10 pm »
I grew up in a very small town that had a Donkey Kong arcade machine in the local Dairy Queen (Classy, I know.) That's the first I can really recall playing/seeing. The first I played as an owner of a console was Duck Hunt, and Gyromite on the NES. I even had R.O.B. to play along with me. Really wish I wouldn't have sold him at a garage sale when I was 12.

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 07:00:50 pm »
Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo when I was either three or four. It is the sole reason why I got into playing video games as I still love to plug in my SNES and pop that game in and replay it over again.

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 12:49:16 am »
First console games I can remember playing were on the 2600 my mom bought me. I had Pac-Man, Pitfall, River Raid, Breakout, Frogger and Missile Command. I think she bought it used from someone because it came in a plastic case that held the system and games along the side. And I remember having a lot of games all at once. I'm guessing she bought it from someone that was upgrading since I remember that my friend had a 5200 already.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 01:18:45 am »
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe it was Sonic the Hedgehog back in 1991, although I possibly remember playing stuff in the arcade before then.

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 01:28:30 am »
Honestly No Joke Super Mario Bros 3 Followed by Duck Hunt, and Tetris. Shortly after those I went to my neighbors house and played Sonic on the genesis for the first time too. I was literally blown away when I discovered video games. I was up all night just trying to beat the first two levels of SMB3. I think I was 6 years old.

dondetti

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 03:00:29 am »
The first games I played were Jungle Hunt, Boulder Dash, Jump Man, Giana Sisters, Summer Games, Mr. Robot, Robin Of The Wood on the C64 in the early 90ies. Which one of these was the first I can't tell for sure, but my family always told me it was Summer Games.
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 06:28:10 am »
It was either Super Mario/Duck Hunt, or Legend of Zelda on the NES.  We were given an NES with a batch of games from a family friend for whatever reason and that started my love for gaming around 1990 I think.  Legend of Zelda holds a special place for me cause my dad would play it with me and to this day, has played it way more than I have lol

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2015, 08:46:54 am »
The first game I played was Planet Smashers on Atari 7800, at a friend's when I was 8 years old..

That game was not a great shooter and it was really hard but I was so impressed at the time, we loved playing this among other Atari classics like Asteroids, Centipede, Pitfall and so on.. The next Christmas I had my very own Master System, that's how it all started!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

aliensstudios

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2015, 12:28:47 pm »
Lego Racers on Windows. I might have played some other educational games beforehand but I don't remember/ count those. :D
Most, if not all of my early memories of video gaming are on P.C. games like LEGO Racers, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver, Hot Wheels Micro Racer, Outlaws, Pitfall the Mayan Adventure, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic R, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Freddy the Fish, Putt Putt and Fatty Bear Activity Pack and a slew of other educational games.
My older brothers had a N64 with Ocarina of Time and Dk 64 but we never really got to play it because their grades were too bad. They also had a Game Boy Color (which I would often take) with Zelda: Link's Awakening, Mega Man and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. It wasn't until I got a GameCube for Christmas one year that I really started to play console games.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

gf78

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2015, 12:39:46 pm »
My first game experience was the APF TV Fun system with it's built-in Pong-clone.

This was followed up with an Atari 2600 and Asteroids.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 03:52:54 pm »
PC: Can't remember. My father used PCs ever since I was very young and he always had a couple games available.
Consoles: Either Super Mario Land 2, Tetris or Doctor Mario (I can't remember which one exactly) on a friend's Game Boy.

deftommo

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2015, 08:16:37 am »
Something on Intellivision. I can't remember the names of the games my dad had, but one involved two tanks which had bullets that would ricochet off walls and stuff. That's the first game I remember playing.

Warmsignal

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 09:52:39 pm »
I can't remember that clearly, but I want to say either Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Bubble Bobble, Snow Brothers, or Monster Truck Rally. Maybe even Face Ball 2000, Super Mario World, or Gradius III. It's really fuzzy at this point. These are just the first ones I remember.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:54:57 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 05:45:42 pm »
Mine was Pong for Atari 2600  8)