Author Topic: First video game you ever played?  (Read 14332 times)

Link

Re: First video game you ever played?
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2016, 11:49:36 pm »
Mmh, i have Pang for the amiga 500 as my first memory
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

/
                       |
O========|[[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                       |
                        \

sithsylar

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2016, 11:50:58 pm »
Mario on the gameboy is the earliest game i can remember as a child.

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2016, 10:32:43 pm »
Super Mario Bros for the NES. First game I can remember playing. First system was my cousin's old Atari 2600, it was a hand me down. I didn't care. It was a video game system of my own.

necrosexual

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2016, 10:45:46 pm »
tetris attack.
Love this game so much.  I miss playing this with people.  Nintendo needs to bring this style of "tetris" back.

same here. my brother and i played it a lot as kids and by the time i was an adult i could thrash him at the game. my quicker-to-the-draw ex figured it out really fast, but i still thrashed him... only game i was better at than him ;I
very fun game.
i considered trying out the speed run challenge for it, then i realised i'm in no way breaking the ~9 minute run out there right now, so i dropped the idea... and anyway, attempting to? i'd never get those fucking coloured blocks out of my vision when i close my eyes LOL. they'd haunt my mind's eye and dreams for the rest of my life. it's bad enough when i play it for a few weeks, no less constantly for weeks.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2016, 10:16:46 am »
If I remember right, my first game was arcade Space Invaders. It was near the customer service desk of a Sears and I played while my mom was returning something :)

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2016, 03:11:57 pm »
Pitfall on the atari 2600 at my uncles house as a kid. Still an amazing game to this day.

hanky

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2016, 05:06:51 pm »
Bionic Commando on the NES, as a five year old.
I don't really think my parents knew back then, that they bought a censored Nazi game  ::)

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2016, 10:10:55 am »
I believe it was actually pong,and i thought it was so cool back then.On a console it was pitfall
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:13:09 am by Mohawkman1 »

madmax

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2016, 05:47:33 pm »
Going back on my previous answer, does anyone remember cable boxes in the early 90s that had a games section you could play with your remote?
I can't seem to find much about them online but I had one of those before I got my NES.

pacpix

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2016, 09:12:52 pm »
Going back on my previous answer, does anyone remember cable boxes in the early 90s that had a games section you could play with your remote?
I can't seem to find much about them online but I had one of those before I got my NES.

Some of them still have a games channel.  My parents have Dish Satellite service at home and you can still play games on it with the remote.  I have only ever played the trial versions of the game though.  It's a shame that most of those games are probably not preserved anywhere.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)