Author Topic: FOR SALE: [RARE] US Hagane Cartridge (complete)  (Read 7681 times)

Re: FOR SALE: [RARE] US Hagane Cartridge (complete)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 05:52:30 pm »
Just read through the posts. Nobody sounded like a douchebag and everyone made valid points.

I realized too late that retrocollect was mostly PAL so that was my bad for not lurking more before posting. I saw that this site was made by a redditor and was primarily US so I wanted to try my luck here.

I don't want to deal with eBay for the reasons mentioned above, among other things. eBay takes a cut of every sale, and that also means I have to use PayPal. Paypal takes another cut of the sale. I'm not big on fees and middle men; which is why I'm testing the waters on collector communities such as this one.

To clear things up a bit too; I am not a hoarder or pawn shop businessman by any means. I bought Hagane a long time ago without even knowing that it was a rare or desirable item. I bought it from my local video store (for like $10) because I had rented it from there a few times as a kid. I also beat it many times and got to the point where I could do it on hard without dying. I used to have the locations of all the blue flame life powerups memorized and had the timing down on the power attacks (hold L or R to flip and hit jump or attack after X amount of flips). When I say I "recently discovered" it is purely in terms of discovering how much it's worth now. I'm getting older and having less and less time for my video game hobbies (what little time I do have to play games gets dedicated to Guilty Gear XRD on PSN,) so if I can cash in on a purchase I made as a teenager then why not?

Anyway I didn't mean to offend your community by making a marketplace topic right out the gate. I actually had trouble registering initially and my exact email to Matt said "I tried registering but it didn't send a verification email. Could you help me out? I'd like to sell a copy of Hagane," and he did so I didn't realize it was taboo to do that.

Getting back to business, here are pictures of the ROM chip inside the cart. My screwdriver bit came in the mail this morning :)

Backside of the chip with cart label:
http://i.imgur.com/s0GtbL2.jpg

Front of the chip:
http://i.imgur.com/Ev4G3U7.jpg

According to nintendoage forums topic http://m.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=134697 it's a legit chip. I'm adding links to these pics in the OP too.

I'm not in a huge hurry to sell this, so I'll let this topic ride for a bit before trying to sell it elsewhere.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 12:51:05 pm »
People are currently bidding $200+ on the box alone....this is getting so ridiculous!

When a post begins with "I recently discovered...", I know I'm not dealing with someone who has a passion for the hobby, but purely an opportunist or hoarder.

I bought a legit copy of Hagane for $14 from a dealer not but 5 years ago and was just excited to just see it. I was unaware of its supposed "rarity" or "worth" and was just pleased that I could own and play the game. It's fantastic but in my opinion fails in comparison to some of the Shinobi titles. The power ups and weapons are cooler though haha!

If I did ever decide to sell it, I will find a seller who truly wants it and sell it for $14 as well or whatever the buyer deems fair. While I do use ebay on occasion, I know with certainty that I ever put it on there, it would not be going to someone who truly wanted it and I'd probably see it on there the next day with a huge mark up.

The most I've ever spent on a used game was around $65 on a copy of Suikoden 2 about 3 years ago and personally I did not care for it. I saw that most people were selling it for double that price, and while it still may not be "worth" $65, I sold it for the price I bought it for.

Looking through the comments, I'm glad to see this forum is filled with honest collectors and people who are legitimately interested in keeping the hobby alive!  ;D

I'll let you double your money if you ever decide to sell.  ;D

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 06:42:01 pm »
I've split off a bunch of posts from this thread because it felt like they would steer this into a whole different topic. If you wish to discuss this in private feel free to PM me.

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 03:16:13 pm »
I personally wouldn't spend over $200 on any video game in existence. Loose, complete, with a cherry and whipped cream on top, etc. But I'm not a true collector. I get the felling that nobody here is really this hardcore, but maybe I'm wrong.  :-X
The most I ever spent was $189. 

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 01:30:45 pm »
Im interested. Is this still for sale?

soera

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 02:17:00 pm »
The OP hasnt been on here in almost 2 months. Im assuming its done and over with. Im going to lock it and the OP wants it reopened, he can toss me a message.