Author Topic: You should all go read the Megaman/Sonic Comic Crossover right now!  (Read 753 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Titled Worlds Collide this comic mini-series is amazing and has SO MANY in-jokes. I bought all 3 off of amazon for about 30 dollars and its definitely worth the price, I finished reading them all in the span of 4 days. There is another series currently running entitled Worlds Unite that is even crazier and has even more capcom/sega references. Definitely check these 2 out if you have the time and are interested.

Worlds Collide: 1 2 3

Worlds Unite: 1 (Pre-Order)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

Re: You should all go read the Megaman/Sonic Comic Crossover right now!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 11:01:08 am »
I buy a lot of these comics for my daughter (single issue releases and a few of the collected paperbacks too).

It is fun reading them because they go out of their way to include lots of obscure references (as Tafk mentioned above).

She also likes them just because she loves Sonic so much even if she doesn't understand all the references, but it is fun when she finally realizes one and she'll get this look on her face and exclaim, "that's from Sonic Adventure", or something similar.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: You should all go read the Megaman/Sonic Comic Crossover right now!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 11:16:39 am »
I buy a lot of these comics for my daughter (single issue releases and a few of the collected paperbacks too).

It is fun reading them because they go out of their way to include lots of obscure references (as Tafk mentioned above).

She also likes them just because she loves Sonic so much even if she doesn't understand all the references, but it is fun when she finally realizes one and she'll get this look on her face and exclaim, "that's from Sonic Adventure", or something similar.

Agreed, all the little nods to things from the games is hilarious. The writer grew up playing the games and if you read the foreward/afterward you can tell he isn't just writing a story, he is intertwining small references to things from all of the megaman/sonic games. So funny!