Author Topic: Sony PlayStation's 20th Anniversary Sale  (Read 1568 times)

telly

Sony PlayStation's 20th Anniversary Sale
« on: September 10, 2015, 07:57:53 am »

gf78 mentioned this in the general topic but I thought I would post a thread to make sure others can take a look at it. Sony is having a big sale with up to 60-70% off until Sept 14, 2015.
Here's the link to the list of 122 games on sale.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:45:50 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

Re: Sony PlayStation's 20th Anniversary Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 08:33:16 am »
If Sony wanted to impress me, they would offer another run of the 20th Anniversary PS4 systems.  Keep the little numbered placard off of it, change it, whatever.  But damnit...give the gamers an opportunity to get this awesome system, not the friggin' eBay scalpers in it for a buck.   >:(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

telly

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 08:49:55 am »
I heard that. Most people on eBay are asking around $1,200. I saw some people reselling it $12,000+: one was asking $20,000!   :o >:(
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 09:10:12 am »
I heard that. Most people on eBay are asking around $1,200. I saw some people reselling it $12,000+: one was asking $20,000!   :o >:(

The really sad part is I have followed several of the "auction" PS4's through to completion to see what they go for.  And the fans who want one bid them up into the $1200-1300 range.  I just can't do it.  I've spent that amount easy on games, accessories, other systems, etc. in the last few months.  But to drop that on just one console?  I just can't.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

rayne315

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 11:23:26 am »

The really sad part is I have followed several of the "auction" PS4's through to completion to see what they go for.  And the fans who want one bid them up into the $1200-1300 range.  I just can't do it.  I've spent that amount easy on games, accessories, other systems, etc. in the last few months.  But to drop that on just one console?  I just can't.   :'(

I really wish that when companies make something like this they monitor sites like ebay and remove the listings from the scalpers. At least for a period of a few years.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 11:57:36 am »
Nothing really interested me ......
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 04:50:48 pm »
There are still some of those 20th Anniversary headsets and controllers at least... The controllers look pretty nice, actually, and Sony says they will not be producing any more after this stock is gone.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 02:35:27 pm »
There are still some of those 20th Anniversary headsets and controllers at least... The controllers look pretty nice, actually, and Sony says they will not be producing any more after this stock is gone.

Oh yeah...had the controller and headset preordered from the start.  Both are in my possession.  At this point, I own them as a collectible because I already have two headsets and three DualShock 4 controllers in use and it would be pointless to open these "just because." 

But I would really like that limited edition console with matching stand, camera, chat mic and controller.  I guess I'll have to settle for my Destiny the Taken King special edition PS4 for now.   :'(   :)