Author Topic: Official Super Mario Maker Thread  (Read 18773 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Official Super Mario Maker Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2016, 11:27:25 am »
The more I play this game, the more shit I find.  99% of the levels on here are balls.
yeah a lot of them seem to fall into one of four categories. Flashy auto scroll,"here's the start next to the finish", Kaizo, or just plain trollish. not much seems to be in the middle

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2016, 04:13:59 pm »
The more I play this game, the more shit I find.  99% of the levels on here are balls.
yeah a lot of them seem to fall into one of four categories. Flashy auto scroll,"here's the start next to the finish", Kaizo, or just plain trollish. not much seems to be in the middle

Ya'll need to play the levels posted in this thread if you haven't already.

I have several other levels I haven't posted if you follow me in SMM.

Not trying to brag but I think I do a decent job at new "old school level design." With a good bit of brain teasing challenge without trolling.

Some of you that have played my levels what did you think of them? Am I wrong? How could improve as a level designer? What would you like to see?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2016, 05:52:25 pm »
Here's another one.  I may or may not be getting the hang of this.  Let me know what y'all think.

Oh Yeah!-4:  3FE0-0000-016E-489E

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2016, 06:29:18 pm »
Here's another one.  I may or may not be getting the hang of this.  Let me know what y'all think.

Whoah. They let you have "yeah" in the title?!

They've started blocking that. And "like" and the star symbol.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2016, 11:05:07 pm »

Whoah. They let you have "yeah" in the title?!

They've started blocking that. And "like" and the star symbol.

I didn't have any problem.  May be from all the extra stuff with no spaces. 

Anyway, new level.  Not my best, but it's something different (It's still the same.  Just another level)

Little This, Little That: 50DD-0000-016F-6679

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2016, 11:10:53 pm »
I'm going through folks levels on here and world recording a bunch of em. :) try to beat my times folks. :)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2016, 01:47:17 am »
I love how just when I thought I was bored of this game you guys not only pulled me back into with your fresh new levels. But ya'll also inspired me to make a new one!

Trust me. It's worth it.
304F-0000-016F-E2CF

See if you can figure out how to get the mega mushroom!

Then see if you can find the retro mode cheat code!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2016, 11:16:33 am »
I'll trying to get the ins and outs of making stuff, so y'all will get a lot of stupid questions.

Is there a way to make the mushrooms and flowers follow the rules?  I mean, I want the ? blocks to give you a mushroom if your small and the next item (Fire Flower, Feather, Leaf, etc.) if your big.  Anyone know if and how you can do this?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2016, 12:05:03 pm »
I'll trying to get the ins and outs of making stuff, so y'all will get a lot of stupid questions.

Is there a way to make the mushrooms and flowers follow the rules?  I mean, I want the ? blocks to give you a mushroom if your small and the next item (Fire Flower, Feather, Leaf, etc.) if your big.  Anyone know if and how you can do this?

Put a mushroom on top of the fire flower

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2016, 02:14:40 pm »

Thank you!  I tried to put the flower on top of the mushroom.  I guess I should have tried it the other way around.  :P

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2016, 11:17:25 pm »

Thank you!  I tried to put the flower on top of the mushroom.  I guess I should have tried it the other way around.  :P

Pssshhh.

N00b.

;)

spac316

« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2016, 03:33:27 am »
That's why I hardly ever play the 100 Mario challenge. To many levels designed by idiots. :P
I just play levels my friends share mostly. My levels are more traditional style with a couple exceptions of gimmick ones.

I find this video should help. It was made before the major update so it's a bit dated but still good advice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fI9pfDf60g&feature=share

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2016, 10:48:41 pm »
Oops! I did it again!  I played with this game.  Created some shit!
I like this level.  I think it's my most fun one to date.

King of Swing-1: E90B-0000-0179-4F48

And guys, can I have some stars please?  Even if the level is shit, hook me up!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:53:24 pm by turf »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2016, 10:53:00 pm »

King of Swing-1: 5015-0000-0176-67D3

And guys, can I have some stars please.  Even if the level is shit, hook me up!

I am taking the stars I gave you back because that Brittney Spears Rick Roll was uncalled for! ;)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2016, 11:10:52 pm »

King of Swing-1: 5015-0000-0176-67D3

And guys, can I have some stars please?  Even if the level is shit, hook me up!

I am taking the stars I gave you back because that Brittney Spears Rick Roll was uncalled for! ;)

That's fair.   8)  It was a low blow.