Author Topic: Games similar to Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon?  (Read 1732 times)

Games similar to Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon?
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:16:36 pm »
Hi all!

I've played all the Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon games across platforms. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for similar games. Basically any game that centers around a protagonist completing tasks in a town, something of that sort.

Thanks!

dreama1

Re: Games similar to Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 01:18:17 pm »
Hi all!

I've played all the Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon games across platforms. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for similar games. Basically any game that centers around a protagonist completing tasks in a town, something of that sort.

Thanks!
Rune factory, and Atelier series to a degree.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 02:05:40 pm »
Farmville :P

davifus

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 11:27:24 pm »
There's this one DS game called Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times that's practically a clone of Animal Crossing. You can customize your character and their room, collect bugs and fish as well as other items and the town has villagers that range from animals to supernatural creatures to beings that are based on inanimate objects like roses or cellphones. The thing that sets it apart from AC is the focus on learning magic spells that are used to solve mysteries that appear once a month (I think.) I had a lot of fun with it when I first played it but lost interest after New Leaf came out.

Flashback2012

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 12:56:25 am »
Shepherd's Crossing on PSP and Shepherd's Crossing 2 DS on Nintendo DS might be what you're looking for. :)

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 07:02:35 am »
Mysims and Mysims Kingdom. Very task heavy and obnoxiously cute. I prefer Kingdom over the original, but both are fine if it's the type of game you're looking for. (There are several consoles these are available for. I recommend the Wii versions only. I think the DS versions are significantly different and I didn't play for more than a few minutes.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:06:01 am by silly »

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 02:08:28 pm »

I have Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for PS3 and the entire Atelier Series. I will look for Rune Factory on other platforms though. Thanks for the suggestion!

10/10

Lol...I think I will pass on Farmville but thanks.

There's this one DS game called Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times that's practically a clone of Animal Crossing. You can customize your character and their room, collect bugs and fish as well as other items and the town has villagers that range from animals to supernatural creatures to beings that are based on inanimate objects like roses or cellphones. The thing that sets it apart from AC is the focus on learning magic spells that are used to solve mysteries that appear once a month (I think.) I had a lot of fun with it when I first played it but lost interest after New Leaf came out.

Cool, I'll check that out. You had me at "clone of Animal Crossing". Haha.

Shepherd's Crossing on PSP and Shepherd's Crossing 2 DS on Nintendo DS might be what you're looking for. :)

This sounds vaguely familiar; I thought this was a PS2 game? I'll look for it across platforms though. Thanks!

Mysims and Mysims Kingdom. Very task heavy and obnoxiously cute. I prefer Kingdom over the original, but both are fine if it's the type of game you're looking for. (There are several consoles these are available for. I recommend the Wii versions only. I think the DS versions are significantly different and I didn't play for more than a few minutes.)

I've played MySims on DS--just a few minutes of it because I didn't really like it (surprisingly, as I tend to love all Sims games). I will try it on the Wii instead though. Thanks!

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 03:59:35 pm »
I enjoyed Fantasy Life quite a bit despite not being too into the genre myself.  A friend who is much more into these games repeatedly mentions Rune Factory and Viva Piñata as being 2 of her favorites.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

abe

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 04:00:04 pm »
I have Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for PS3 and the entire Atelier Series. I will look for Rune Factory on other platforms though. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you're going to look into other Rune Factory games, I'd highly recommend Rune Factory 3 (NDS) and Rune Factory 4 (3DS).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)