Author Topic: What are the "Holiday 2015" Exclusives for each platform?  (Read 1742 times)

gf78

What are the "Holiday 2015" Exclusives for each platform?
« on: September 25, 2015, 11:23:43 am »
Just trying to get a look at what the "big three" are offering as far as exclusive titles for the Holiday 2015 season.  I figure October thru December is a good timeframe for the "holiday season", but if you guys want to go further back that's cool.  For instance, if we add September titles in we would be adding Super Mario Maker, Forza 6, Tearaway Unfolded, etc.

PlayStation 4
Uncharted - The Nathan Drake Collection
Dragon Quest Heroes - The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

Xbox One
Halo 5 Guardians
Rise of Tomb Raider.....TIMED EXCLUSIVE SO NOT REALLY EXCLUSIVE AT ALL

Wii U
Devil's Third
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Wooly World

With my limited internet access here at work, if the above list is accurate as for platform exclusives, it doesn't look too hot for Xbox One.  Especially with Phil Spencer declaring this is the greatest holiday lineup ever.  That leaves Halo 5 which is a huge draw for the Halo crowd.  I will throw them a bone with the Tomb Raider timed-exclusive, but I don't even think it should really count.  But there it is.  PS4 has the Uncharted collection on Dragon Quest Heroes which are great upcoming games.  The Wii U has Devil's Turd...I mean third (c'mon...we all already know it sucks), but on the good/great side has Xenoblade Chronicles X and Yoshi's Wooly World (which I'm very tempted to preorder to go with my Xenoblade preorder!)

So what did I miss?  Should we add in September releases?  As far back as August releases?  I'm not one of those fanboys who bases my assessment of a console library on holiday titles alone, but I keep reading about how great Xbox One's holiday is going to be and...I just don't see it based on Halo being the lone fourth quarter exclusive offering.  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Should I shut the hell up?  LOL...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:25:17 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

Re: What are the "Holiday 2015" Exclusives for each platform?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 11:57:13 am »
If you're counting October through December, you're leaving out a lot of PS4 stuff.

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance - October 6th
Tales of Zestiria - October 20th
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair - November 3rd
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - November 17th (Also on Vita, but Sony exclusive)
Sword Art Online: Lost Song - November 17th (Also on Vita, but Sony exclusive)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 12:10:17 pm »
So, let's modify the list and keep it going this way.  Like I said, I'm at work so I don't have access to websites with full lists of upcoming titles.  Thanks for the heads-up Abe!

PlayStation 4
Uncharted - The Nathan Drake Collection
Dragon Quest Heroes - The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
Tales of Zestiria
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Xbox One
Halo 5 Guardians
Rise of Tomb Raider.....TIMED EXCLUSIVE SO NOT REALLY EXCLUSIVE AT ALL

Wii U
Devil's Third
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Wooly World

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

silversyx

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 03:19:59 pm »
If you're counting October through December, you're leaving out a lot of PS4 stuff.

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance - October 6th
Tales of Zestiria - October 20th
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair - November 3rd
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - November 17th (Also on Vita, but Sony exclusive)
Sword Art Online: Lost Song - November 17th (Also on Vita, but Sony exclusive)

Aren't some of these also on PS3? Do they count as exclusive

silversyx

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 03:24:13 pm »
Does the digital version of Fatal Frame V count for Wii U? It comes out 10/22

silversyx

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 03:34:09 pm »
Rodea Sky Solider for Wii U on 11/10

indenton

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 03:43:55 pm »
For as "Ecstatic" as I am for it, there is 'Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash' for Wii U

gf78

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 04:05:01 pm »
Aren't some of these also on PS3? Do they count as exclusive

I was going for "platform exclusive" as in, Disgaea is only on a PlayStation platform. 

aliensstudios

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 11:54:55 am »
I'm excited for Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Woolly World, Rodea the Sky Soldier and (don't laugh) Snoopy's Grand Adventure. Devil's Third looks like garbage, don't know if I'll be getting it now, might not be worth it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

gf78

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 01:10:30 pm »
I'm excited for Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Woolly World, Rodea the Sky Soldier and (don't laugh) Snoopy's Grand Adventure. Devil's Third looks like garbage, don't know if I'll be getting it now, might not be worth it.

I'm going to be getting some birthday money for sure...so Yoshi's Wooly World may be in the cards.  I've already preordered Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition.  I'm gonna have to pass on Snoopy though.  Love me some Peanuts Gang, but I have more than enough games on the PS4 to keep me busy.

Devil's Third looks like a turd from all accounts.  I literally cannot believe that Itagaki and his big mouth and bigger ego made a complete dud.  The Ninja Gaiden games were pretty good.  Dead or Alive-though way to over the top sexualized-were pretty competent fighters.  We are talking about the guy who put his games on Xbox and not the PS2 (after DOA2 Hardcore) because only Xbox was powerful enough for his vision.  So...he puts his newest game out on the weakest hardware.  Sounds like nobody else would give him the time of day and Nintendo took pity upon him.  Meanwhile, Team Ninja has successfully moved on for all intents & purposes.

argyle

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 04:01:37 pm »
For PS4, add:

The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition - 10/13
Grand Ages Medieval Limited Edition - 10/13
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

aliensstudios

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 04:59:59 pm »

I'm going to be getting some birthday money for sure...so Yoshi's Wooly World may be in the cards.  I've already preordered Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition.  I'm gonna have to pass on Snoopy though.  Love me some Peanuts Gang, but I have more than enough games on the PS4 to keep me busy.

Devil's Third looks like a turd from all accounts.  I literally cannot believe that Itagaki and his big mouth and bigger ego made a complete dud.  The Ninja Gaiden games were pretty good.  Dead or Alive-though way to over the top sexualized-were pretty competent fighters.  We are talking about the guy who put his games on Xbox and not the PS2 (after DOA2 Hardcore) because only Xbox was powerful enough for his vision.  So...he puts his newest game out on the weakest hardware.  Sounds like nobody else would give him the time of day and Nintendo took pity upon him.  Meanwhile, Team Ninja has successfully moved on for all intents & purposes.
I've been thinking about getting a PS4 for a while, I was going to get it for LittleBigPlanet 3 but it came to PS3 as basically the same exact game. The XBone intrigues simply because of Rare Replay. Idk right now, I've got so much school and work I can't even keep up with what I have. I'd like to play through the whole Metal Gear Solid series which would require a next-gen platform, I'm thinking PS4 would be a better option.

gf78

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 09:42:05 am »
I've been thinking about getting a PS4 for a while, I was going to get it for LittleBigPlanet 3 but it came to PS3 as basically the same exact game. The XBone intrigues simply because of Rare Replay. Idk right now, I've got so much school and work I can't even keep up with what I have. I'd like to play through the whole Metal Gear Solid series which would require a next-gen platform, I'm thinking PS4 would be a better option.

When I decided to take a long, hard look at what I would buy an Xbox One to play, the two biggest games that drew me in were Rare Replay and Titanfall.  I picked up the Collector's Edition of Titanfall for the statue and book and got the game for PC last night brand-new for $11.06 (gotta love Walmart prices!).  That leaves me with Rare Replay.  Can I justify spending $400 for a system to play a $30 compilation of older titles?  No, I couldn't.  There are other games on the Xbox One currently that if I already had the system, I would get them and play.  But they aren't worth buying another piece of hardware for IMO.  Nothing on the horizon aside from Rise of the Tomb Raider really gets me stoked and it's already been announced that PS4 is getting that game next year.  12 months may seem like a long time to wait, but I will have four full Uncharted titles to play between now and then as well as everything else that will be coming out and the backlog of titles that I haven't gotten to yet. 

aliensstudios

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 12:10:08 pm »

When I decided to take a long, hard look at what I would buy an Xbox One to play, the two biggest games that drew me in were Rare Replay and Titanfall.  I picked up the Collector's Edition of Titanfall for the statue and book and got the game for PC last night brand-new for $11.06 (gotta love Walmart prices!).  That leaves me with Rare Replay.  Can I justify spending $400 for a system to play a $30 compilation of older titles?  No, I couldn't.  There are other games on the Xbox One currently that if I already had the system, I would get them and play.  But they aren't worth buying another piece of hardware for IMO.  Nothing on the horizon aside from Rise of the Tomb Raider really gets me stoked and it's already been announced that PS4 is getting that game next year.  12 months may seem like a long time to wait, but I will have four full Uncharted titles to play between now and then as well as everything else that will be coming out and the backlog of titles that I haven't gotten to yet.
I just want Conkers Bad Fur Day really badly. I've scoured thrift stores and the like for years and have never come across a copy. I remember years ago when Blockbuster was still in business, they were selling both of their copies for 10 dollars each, boy did I wish I had the foresight to buy one, or even both. I'm not missing out on too much because my best friend has a PS4 and we play often. In terms of XBone, yeah, nothing really appeals to me moving forward.

gf78

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 01:36:03 pm »
I just want Conkers Bad Fur Day really badly. I've scoured thrift stores and the like for years and have never come across a copy. I remember years ago when Blockbuster was still in business, they were selling both of their copies for 10 dollars each, boy did I wish I had the foresight to buy one, or even both. I'm not missing out on too much because my best friend has a PS4 and we play often. In terms of XBone, yeah, nothing really appeals to me moving forward.

Scalebound by Platinum Games looks interesting and there are a couple of other upcoming games that they have shown that look good, though I can't really think of their names off the top of my head.  I would like to try Sunset Overdrive out as it looks interesting and I like games by Insomniac. 

I learned "never say never" long ago.  But honestly, after being burned by Microsoft in the past, owning both a PS4 and Wii U and looking at what's available now & upcoming for the 'bone....I don't see myself buying one anytime soon.