Author Topic: Games you were hyped about leading up to their release.  (Read 2465 times)

soera

Re: Games you were hyped about leading up to their release.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 10:33:14 am »
I was hyped for a few games over time.

FFVII

Ni no Kuni

Dragon Quest Heroes

Coincidentally, 3 of the best games I ever played. My hype train is spot on!

Warmsignal

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 11:46:52 am »
The last time I was really hyped for a game was probably The Sims 2. That's right, 2. I don't usually buy into hype all that much now. For me it often leads to disappointment, and poor purchasing habits. I don't get really overly excited about upcoming games anymore. But I remember back when GTA Vice City was coming out, the day it released I was in school. It was the longest day of my life, haha. In retrospect, it really wasn't all that good IMO. But that was back when the possibilities for new things in games were still very vast. There was a lot that could still in be done, in theory, when a game came out that we'd never seen before. Now games have pretty much done everything, at least that is how it seems to me.

I guess you could say I was mildly hyped about the release of Wet. The game charmed me somewhat, and I had followed it's development. I knew people were going to hate it. I bought it day one, and to this day, still have not played it, LOL! It was interesting to hear that the game was due to have a sequel, but was cancelled early on.

I think I tend to route for underdogs sometimes, games that I know people will tear to shreds because it's not Call of Duty, or Assassin's Creed, or Elder Scrolls, or Final Fantasy.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:57:35 am by Warmsignal »

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 08:28:01 am »
The last time I was really hyped for a game was probably The Sims 2. That's right, 2. I don't usually buy into hype all that much now. For me it often leads to disappointment, and poor purchasing habits. I don't get really overly excited about upcoming games anymore. But I remember back when GTA Vice City was coming out, the day it released I was in school. It was the longest day of my life, haha. In retrospect, it really wasn't all that good IMO. But that was back when the possibilities for new things in games were still very vast. There was a lot that could still in be done, in theory, when a game came out that we'd never seen before. Now games have pretty much done everything, at least that is how it seems to me.

I guess you could say I was mildly hyped about the release of Wet. The game charmed me somewhat, and I had followed it's development. I knew people were going to hate it. I bought it day one, and to this day, still have not played it, LOL! It was interesting to hear that the game was due to have a sequel, but was cancelled early on.

I think I tend to route for underdogs sometimes, games that I know people will tear to shreds because it's not Call of Duty, or Assassin's Creed, or Elder Scrolls, or Final Fantasy.
Man, Wet, I was fairly hyped about that game.  To me, I viewed it as a modern realistic take on Bloodrayne, you know, take out the vampires, dhampirs, and nazis, throw it in a modern day setting, and replace the gratuitous dry humping with a grindhouse art style.

I was pretty pumped for that game.  I rather enjoyed the game, but I definitely wouldn't even put it in my top 20 games.

kashell

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 08:45:01 am »
Any Tales of title since Destiny. Seriously, if there was a Tales of announcement I bought a first-class passenger ticket for it's hype train:

Eternia, Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, Radiant Mythology, Vesperia, Symphonia 2, Graces f, Xillia, Xillia 2, Hearts R, Zestiria and whenever I order a title from Japan I get filled with excitement.

Obviously, not all of them have been great but the hype was real.

maximo310

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 08:52:09 pm »
Bravely Default and Super Mario Sunshine are probably the two games I was the most hyped up and bought day 1. Both turned out to be great experiences and I don't regret it.  I was somewhat hyped for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, but was greatly dissapointed at how bad the controls+ level design and mini games were compared to the first two entries.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 06:41:33 pm »
Any Tales of title since Destiny. Seriously, if there was a Tales of announcement I bought a first-class passenger ticket for it's hype train:

Eternia, Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, Radiant Mythology, Vesperia, Symphonia 2, Graces f, Xillia, Xillia 2, Hearts R, Zestiria and whenever I order a title from Japan I get filled with excitement.

Obviously, not all of them have been great but the hype was real.

basically the reason I got a 360, PS3, and VITA

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 10:15:12 am »
I got my PS4 in April 2014 and all I wanted was GTA V to be released on PS4. I would say it all the time and then finally at Sony's E3 conference it was announced and I was so excited and pre-ordered and bought day one. It's my choice for the greatest game ever made but a weird thing happened soon after I got it.. Sony and EA released Garden Warfare for free.

I was aware of the game and was gonna check it out eventually despite never having played the other games in the series. When I started playing this game I became instantly addicted and played non stop and I still play just about every time I turn on my PS4 and it's been about a full year now. So my current game I'm most hyped about is the game's sequel that's being released February 2016. I've already seen all the previews for it and it looks bigger and better than ever, definitely going to pre-order the deluxe edition to support this great game.