Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge - lets tally em up!  (Read 3037 times)

Re: 52 Games Challenge - lets tally em up!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 03:23:09 pm »
It's going for 200 now?!

Weird how things change in a matter of months.

VGPC says $170, BINs for rare-ish games ask for a lot more.

EDIT: Cheapest BIN is currently $180 obo.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:27:48 pm by ctracy87 »

hexen

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 04:03:29 pm »
Top 5 for 2015:

1. Fallout 4
2. Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U
3. Super Mario Maker
4. Undertale
5. Skylanders Trap Team

Bottom 5 for 2015:

1. Witcher 3 (I know, I know... but, as you can see by my #1, I love open world games. Witcher 3 could have the best world and story ever, but it will forever be locked behind that AWFUL combat).
2. Mario Party 10 (Geeeze... could they stop with the stupid friendship car...? I want regular Mario Party).
3. Skylanders SuperChargers (The vehicle sections are dumb, and that's what the game is based on...)
4-5. The rest of the games I played, which isn't many, I don't have much bad to say about...

Most played system:

Wii U - 10

Most played game:

Fallout 4 - 246 hours
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 04:12:12 pm »
1. Witcher 3 (I know, I know... but, as you can see by my #1, I love open world games. Witcher 3 could have the best world and story ever, but it will forever be locked behind that AWFUL combat).

I was surprised more didn't have issues with the combat.  I beat the game, but I never felt like the combat was anything very good. It was stiff, group fights were more tedious than anything else, and fights would get pretty repetitive, especially against creatures because they have very strict animations.  I eventually got to a point like 60 hours in where I was just forced myself to finish the story, since the stuff with Ciri was great.

retroone

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 03:36:21 pm »
Made it halfway with 24 but there's always next year. Can't wait!

What are the top 5 games you played in 2015?

5. Castle Crashers
4. Freedom Planet
3. Rocket League
2. Portal 2
1. Shovel Knight

What are the worst 5 games you played in 2015?
5. Metal Torrent
4. Mousecraft
3. Orborun
2. The Plan
1. Bad Rats

What system did you play the most games on this year?
Steam- (10)

What game did you spend the most time on this year?
Team Fortress 2- 247 hours

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 10:14:00 am »
Was this based on games beaten or just games played?

Either is fine.
Based on this, I have or will have met the 52 games.

I may have to verify the last two.  I couldn't pick more than 1 bad game, but then I started thinking and realized there were 6, and I couldn't justify knocking any of them off of the list... and since I did that, I added a 6th game to the top list.  I remembered Need For Speed and had to add it.  lol

Top 5 6 7 games played this year:
  • Fallout 4
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Her Story
  • Fallout New Vegas (Mostly mods)
  • Rocket League
  • Super Mario Maker
  • The Fall (This game surprised me with how good it was)

Bottom 5 6 7 games played this year:
  • Mario Party 10 (I hate the whole moving as a group thing, but Bowser mode is interesting
  • Pokemon Shuffle (Fairly solid game, but the paywall/wait-times suck, I'd rather just pay for a copy)
  • Fallout Shelter (Great game, but I spent a lot of time in it and then everything just died in like an instant, and then I wasted a lot of time to get it all back, I felt pretty empty having wasted that much time in it)
  • MiddleEarth: Shadow of Mordor (The 10ish hours I put into the game, I felt like the game had no purpose, you'd kill orcs and then some other orc would take their place, endless killing orcs with no actual shrinking of the "organization" or "tree" idk.  I liked Mercenaries where as you killed targets you removed them from the playing field, nobody replaced them, it just kind of killed it for me)
  • Dying Light (Similar to Dead Island, I just couldn't dig this game, I want a zombie game, but nobody does zombie games in a manner that I can dig.)
  • Splatoon (I respect that Nintendo went out on a limb with this one and made a surprise hit, but with almost no local multiplayer, this game plain sucks for, imo, the usual Nintendo crowd who do couch co-op and family multiplayer)
  • Need For Speed (beta) (The lack of a pause button kills this franchise for me at this point, I'm sure all EA games are at this point, I'm looking forward to Mirror's Edge, but I fear they may make it an always on game, in which case I have no choice but to skip what seems to be the game I am most looking forward to)

System I Played the most games on:
I spent a lot of time on Fallout 4 on Xbone, I spent a lot of time on Metal Gear Solid 5 on PS4, and I spent a lot of time on PC playing steam titles and Fallout New Vegas, I don't think I spent nearly as much time on Wii U at least it doesn't feel that way. I misread the statement.  It appears Xbone by a mile with 17 games.

Game most played:
I'd say Fallout 4 or Metal Gear Solid V.  Fallout 4 has been my nonstop go to since release, so a little under a month so far, but I played Metal gear shortly after release and then got back into it around mid October and played that til Fallout 4 came out... a little over a month in MGS and still have time left in the year for Fallout 4.  I'd have to see if MGS has a stats that tells me how long I played.
Microsoft just emailed me to let me know my stats for the year... Apparently Dragon Age: Inquisition was my most played game this year.