Author Topic: Show off those XMAS gifts!!! *2015 Edition*  (Read 7300 times)

karyann

Re: Show off those XMAS gifts!!! *2015 Edition*
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2015, 02:06:24 pm »
Definitely not gonna show my gifts cause there were no games again guess Santa is mad with me or am older enough to get not what I want so he send me what I need, received a package of 12 pairs of socks, a package of 7 t-shirts, one shirt and one pant and a pair of boots which am gonna wear this 31 of December  ;D

Haha, that was me last year! I throw my socks as soon as they have holes in them, but I was left with very few socks all of a sudden and didn't have time to shop for more. So when the (usually dreaded) "what do you want for Christmas" came around, I asked for socks.  :P And now that I think about it, this year I should totally have asked for pajamas... oh well.

This year, I mainly got gifts from China since my parents went on a 2-weeks trip there last month. I got :

-a super cute and fluffy vest that looks like a panda,
-a pair of super-warm socks that make me want to buy more (my apartment is always soooo cold),
-some ceramic chopsticks that make my cutlery drawer die from the weight,
-a crocheted pikachu plush with a crocheted pokéball bag,
-a wooden board with a pillow underneath, no idea how that's supposed to be called but it lets you have a "stable" surface to put things on your laps,
-my gifts from the great Kashell for the Secret Santa event

The more years go by and the more I realize how much my family doesn't know me anymore. The fact that we don't talk to each other all that often anymore definitely doesn't help, of course. But my grandmother was telling me about something super cool that she wanted to buy for me because she "knew that [ I ] love to draw" (I stopped drawing 8 years ago). And the wooden board's purpose was intended as a book support for reading (I used to read 3 books a week, about 15 years ago... now I read maybe 1 book a year). I'm very grateful that my family thought of me, but at the same time I find it sad that 1- we definitely don't talk enough now, and 2- they put money on something that I know I won't use.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:08:08 pm by karyann »

gf78

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2015, 03:16:28 pm »
The more years go by and the more I realize how much my family doesn't know me anymore. The fact that we don't talk to each other all that often anymore definitely doesn't help, of course. But my grandmother was telling me about something super cool that she wanted to buy for me because she "knew that [ I ] love to draw" (I stopped drawing 8 years ago). And the wooden board's purpose was intended as a book support for reading (I used to read 3 books a week, about 15 years ago... now I read maybe 1 book a year). I'm very grateful that my family thought of me, but at the same time I find it sad that 1- we definitely don't talk enough now, and 2- they put money on something that I know I won't use.  :-\

While it may seem impersonal, my parents just started giving me money several years ago.  I think the last year they bought me actual gifts was when Mass Effect came out because I got the hardcover art book and the special edition of Quake 4 for the PC.  That is, if I am remembering it correctly.  My mind is old and fragile.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2015, 04:26:42 pm »
While it may seem impersonal, my parents just started giving me money several years ago.  I think the last year they bought me actual gifts was when Mass Effect came out because I got the hardcover art book and the special edition of Quake 4 for the PC.  That is, if I am remembering it correctly.  My mind is old and fragile.   :'(
I don't remember my parents ever buying me gifts growing up, it was always here's some money, buy yourself stuff and say it's from us... o..k.

doafan

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2015, 04:35:41 pm »
I don't remember my parents ever buying me gifts growing up, it was always here's some money, buy yourself stuff and say it's from us... o..k.

Guess that they didn't want you to believe in Santa, dunno why but a couple of friends experienced the same situation when they were kids now as adults they don't do the same with their children and am doing the same with my little girl, she lost one teeth this past week and we received the visit of the tooth fairy who leaved some bucks under her pillow  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

karyann

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2015, 05:02:24 pm »

Guess that they didn't want you to believe in Santa, dunno why but a couple of friends experienced the same situation when they were kids now as adults they don't do the same with their children and am doing the same with my little girl, she lost one teeth this past week and we received the visit of the tooth fairy who leaved some bucks under her pillow  ;D

I was never "made" to believe in Santa, and I personally wouldn't have it any other way if I ever had children. It didn't ruin any "Christmas magic" for me, I just saw it as a great story like all the others I loved to learn about (like Norse mythology, for example). I don't like the idea behind lying to children while teaching them not to lie. That would have made me unable to believe in whatever my parents told me after that.
But that's just me, and I'm definitely not going to be the one to break it to my nephew that Santa isn't a thing.  ::) Everybody makes the decision they think is right, and certainly I'm not gonna interfere with that.

soera

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2015, 03:17:55 am »
Got a pic of my blanket I got myself for Christmas :)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2015, 05:01:07 am »
That's a nice effin blanket!

kashell

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2015, 01:33:30 pm »

-my gifts from the great Kashell for the Secret Santa event

I'm glad I'm able to help make the season a little bit more merry and bright!

pacpix

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2015, 09:28:48 pm »
That blanket looks awesome!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)