Author Topic: Save Your Change, Folks VI  (Read 4569 times)

rayne315

Re: Save Your Change, Folks VI
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 10:22:44 am »
Most banks will count your coins and give you cash back for free if you're an account holder there FYI guys. Also maybe we set the start of the year since it doesn't really seem like we had our go around this time?

Ahh but im a bit of a numismatist when it comes to coins plus any gold or silver is always counted face value at banks although they are worth so much more, just as an example a silver quarter is worth ~$2.90 in silver value or franklin half dollars with a melt value of ~$5.88
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 10:46:19 am »
Ahh but im a bit of a numismatist when it comes to coins plus any gold or silver is always counted face value at banks although they are worth so much more, just as an example a silver quarter is worth ~$2.90 in silver value or franklin half dollars with a melt value of ~$5.88

Very true.  My old man has taken up coin collecting as a hobby since he retired.  He picks up bags of pennies from the bank and goes through each one.  He's made a pretty solid, not-insignificant profit finding rarer coins and cleaning them up.  He also finds about two bucks worth of dimes in each bag.  LOL. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 10:46:59 am »
But back OT, can we come up with a solid date for cashing in?  Sounds like fun and it will be a good way to fund some of our upcoming game purchases.   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

telly

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 11:14:01 am »
Six months from now? Maybe April or May?
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 11:34:09 am »
Six months from now? Maybe April or May?

I vote for May 1st, 2016. 

telly

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 11:41:12 am »
That's the day I graduate from college, so that would be a fun reward! :D
Currently Playing:

gf78

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 11:58:35 am »
That's the day I graduate from college, so that would be a fun reward! :D

It's an important date for me as well, but it's kinda personal.   :P

telly

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 12:22:55 pm »
Oh yeah, I won't be going out and counting all my change and buying something right on May 1st haha. It just thematically fits because I was thinking of treating myself around that time anyway
I guess I don't know what you mean by personal...  ??? It's the actual day I graduate, I'm a senior in college right now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:26:15 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

rayne315

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 12:31:51 pm »
Oh yeah, I won't be going out and counting all my change and buying something right on May 1st haha. It just thematically fits because I was thinking of treating myself around that time anyway
I guess I don't know what you mean by personal...  ??? It's the actual day I graduate, I'm a senior in college right now.

No May 1st is an important date to GF78's for a personal reason to him. He isn't saying that he finds when you graduate college to be personal info. lol. but congrats for graduting college what did you go for?

on topic what are you going to spend your change on?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 12:46:25 pm »

No May 1st is an important date to GF78's for a personal reason to him. He isn't saying that he finds when you graduate college to be personal info. lol. but congrats for graduting college what did you go for?

on topic what are you going to spend your change on?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my bad, sorry gf78. Like I said, I was confused what you meant by personal. :) I'm majoring in nursing, so I'm getting a BSN in May
Currently Playing:

gf78

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 12:54:15 pm »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my bad, sorry gf78. Like I said, I was confused what you meant by personal. :) I'm majoring in nursing, so I'm getting a BSN in May

LOL...no worries bud.  And congratulations on graduating.  Be proud of your accomplishments!   8)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:57:11 pm by gf78 »

kashell

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 02:21:20 pm »
May 1st works for me, too.

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 03:49:07 pm »
I'd love to buy a set of gamecube component cables.  This might just be the thing to convince me to drop that dough.  Wish I had bought it last year when it was a little cheaper.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 03:56:33 pm »
April 20th has traditionally been the day.
Then October 20th is the next turn.

That's been the dates in the past. Now, we can do whatever we want.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 03:56:59 pm »
4/20????