Author Topic: Thank the (insert name/deity) that Lucas isn't in charge of Star Wars anymore!  (Read 1501 times)

gf78

This is the garbage we would have ended up with!  Oh, and throw in a mopey, crying Vader going "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Now that would be funny haha
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

aliensstudios

This is the garbage we would have ended up with!  Oh, and throw in a mopey, crying Vader going "NOOOOOOOOO!"

I'm fairly certain the new films will outdo the prequels, I don't see how they couldn't honestly. But I really think there is no chance they will be better than the original trilogy, it's just not going to happen. Either way I'm excited.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

turf

PRO Supporter

I'm fairly certain the new films will outdo the prequels, I don't see how they couldn't honestly. But I really think there is no chance they will be better than the original trilogy, it's just not going to happen. Either way I'm excited.

I'm a big fan.  Way more than a casual Star Wars fan.  I'm going to say something that folks may not like. 

Episode I & II are ass.  Episode III is a good movie.  I dig it.  I'd even say I like III better than IV. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I'm a big fan.  Way more than a casual Star Wars fan.  I'm going to say something that folks may not like. 

Episode I & II are ass.  Episode III is a good movie.  I dig it.  I'd even say I like III better than IV. 

Episode III was fantastic, and I'm NOT a big Star Wars fan. It was dark, dramatic, and action-packed.

gf78

Episode III had a lot of big moments in it that we knew happened in the past.  But the duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin sucked.  They are riding around on little robots, dipping in lava.  The lava is hot enough that it would have set their boots and pants on fire, but they seemed to be impervious.  Kenobi manages to chop both of Anakin's legs and one arm off in a single swing.  Then while he is laying on the ground away from lava, he catches on fire.  Hmmm...seems kinda fishy to me.  Maybe their Jedi powers kept them from burning on the little robot skiffs?  Then we have the "Oompa, Ooompa!" robot with dildo fetish arms delivering Padme's children.  Top it off with Darth Vader screaming like a complete bitch "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" when Palpatine tells him he killed Padme. 

Yeah, it is definitely a step-up from the first two but...it still sucked.

I will give you that seeing the Death Star being constructed, Vader on the bridge of a Star Destroyer, seeing Senator Organa flee and subsequently adopt Leia among other things was pretty cool.  But...the movie overall still sucked.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:45:45 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

aliensstudios

Episode III is the best of the prequels and is overall a pretty good movie but Hayden Christensen's terrible acting and Darth Vader's famous "NO!" just kind of detract from it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Episode III is the best of the prequels and is overall a pretty good movie but Hayden Christensen's terrible acting and Darth Vader's famous "NO!" just kind of detract from it.

You know Hayden wasn't that bad when he kept his mouth shut.

Yeah I'm good for the most part with Episode 3.  It still has problems, but it's much more watchable than most of what came before.

pacpix

Glad to see I'm not alone in liking Episode III.  I did not enjoy much of the prequels, but the Order 66 scene in III is by far one of the coolest moments in the franchise.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)