Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196907 times)

soera

I can take over this thread. I already have others going.

Front page has been updated. I will keep this updated along with my thread on playstation age.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:44:34 pm by soera »

argyle

BTW if anyone needs Rainbow Moon (PS4) I'm selling mine + the soundtrack. Also have the sticker & postcard that came with it. Everything's sealed. Asking $60 shipped on ebay, will sell it to anyone here for $53 shipped.

Full disclosure, I'm selling the set because I'm gonna get the Play-Asia set next year that has the same stuff & is cheaper - but if you need these for your LR collection, this is basically cost that I'm selling for soooo...... :) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

Got PS4 Windjammers and Claire. First time Ive had to "wait in line" in months.

theflea

for the 1st time ever I think I'm going to pass on the "Collector's Edition" on LRG.
While I did buy Windjammers for PS4 and Vita, I just cant see paying another $35 ($70 for both) for a soundtrack and a Frisbee. This collector's edition just doesn't interest me at that price.
A sound track worth maybe $10-$15 and a $2-$5 Frisbee? (might get a rarer pink one?) lol
I don't know if it's just me but this collector's edition just feels over priced for what you get.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:25:25 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

This was the first time in several months that I've bought LRG.  I'm already feeling the buyer's remorse.  Not entirely sold that I'll enjoy this game.

My work internet has been slow so it took me several minutes to check out.

desocietas

for the 1st time ever I think I'm going to pass on the "Collector's Edition" on LRG.
While I did buy Windjammers for PS4 and Vita, I just cant see paying another $35 ($70 for both) for a soundtrack and a Frisbee. This collector's edition just doesn't interest me at that price.
A sound track worth maybe $10-$15 and a $2-$5 Frisbee? (might get a rarer pink one?) lol
I don't know if it's just me but this collector's edition just feels over priced for what you get.

Yeah, understandable. Price could've been a little cheaper, though the frisbee retails at $12 (being made and sold at Fangamer), so it's $23 bucks for
- the soundtrack (estimating $15 based on other LRG soundtracks),
- an 18 x 24 inch poster,
- exclusive cover art & box

Reasonable but not a "steal." If anything, I was a little annoyed by the higher shipping cost since my Ys Origins CE arrived slightly squashed, and I'm still a little miffed about it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

Updated first page via the website info and pinned this topic.

soera

LRG just updated their front page with the "classic" editions for River city melee and Double Dragon IV this Friday. NES style box and sleeve and extras. https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/

turf

PRO Supporter

LRG just updated their front page with the "classic" editions for River city melee and Double Dragon IV this Friday. NES style box and sleeve and extras. https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/

I really hate to spend $55 for a LRG release; but damn it, I'm dropping $110 when that drops.

telly

Is River City Melee any good? I heard DD IV was not...

Welp, I was interested in River City Melee, but the game has already been out from Play Asia for quite some time now. River City Melee: Battle Royal Special. I really like the goodies and art of the LRG variant though.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:58:56 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

argyle

Is River City Melee any good? I heard DD IV was not...

Not IMO. I imported from P-A and was disappointed - it's just a fighting game, feels like something that should be a bonus mode in a "real" River City game.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

This is why I'm having trouble.  River City sounds no fun and DD4 reviewed and looks horrible.

soera

DD IV and River city melee are up!

rayne315

what the fuck? I just checked an hour before the release to make sure if things were going to release today or not. it didn't show any timer on either of those titles...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

dashv

PRO Supporter

what the fuck? I just checked an hour before the release to make sure if things were going to release today or not. it didn't show any timer on either of those titles...

Yeah, I missed both runs. Kid is sick so I slept in/through the first run.

Had meetings at work during the second. Real shame. I kinda wanted both games. Ah, well.

Honestly, I'm starting to not really care about collecting anymore. Feels like they're all out to scam us.

Get off my lawn kids.