Author Topic: Nintendo Direct - November 12th  (Read 4546 times)

Re: Nintendo Direct - November 12th
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 07:34:02 pm »
wasn't closed for me. i just pre-ordered my TPHD copy on amazon

maximo310

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 07:50:02 pm »
I'm a little confused about the FE Special Edition. The image says all 3 games on one cart. Which, should obviously mean they've all been crammed into one cart. Like, duh. But considering the 3rd game is being released digital only, it makes me think that's a download code and not actually "on" the cart. Making that statement a lie. Meaning the other game could also be a download code, too. Plus the fact that the case is just for the Birthright game, instead of a special case.

I mean $80 for the 3 games + an art book + pouch thing + soundtrack(?) - doesn't seem right. 40 + 20 + 20 for the games and everything else is free?

Really hoping it's not just the one game plus two download codes. Went ahead and preordered anyway.

Overall the direct was pretty bland. Twilight Princess HD looks terrible. I know they're just using a higher resolution of the textures, but it still just looks blurry and not good. Cloud in Smash - bleh. Gold Mega Man amiibo: ridiculous. I feel like there was a good 10 minutes where all they did was try and plug amiibo. It's getting forced into everything. And just some release dates plust trailers for stuff we already know about. DQ announcements were pretty cool though, actually.

Also "We have unannounced titles for 2015!" *fast forward to Direct* "Here's Pokemon Picross. And now on to 2016." :|

I don't get overhyped for the Directs like most people seem to do, so I'm not disappointed or anything. Not sure why I'm seeing so many people on sites act like this was the best thing ever, though.
From what I recall, that FE Special edition has all 3 stories on the cart, so there are no download codes in the package.

Also, I think many people were really looking for some info since there hasn't been a Direct since early of this year. Some of that stuff they showed like the Gold Mega Man amiibo were hilariously bad. I did like that support for the 3DS still seems to be pretty strong, even though I wish there were more Wii U games that would come out.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:52:54 pm by maximo310 »

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 08:24:22 pm »
I pre-ordered Twilight Princess HD from Best Buy since it's still up there. 

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 08:27:46 pm »
and Twilight princess and Fire emblem are unavailable again
Mega Man Legacy Collection - Collectors Edition is up now for $50 on amazon. $20 more than just the game. good thing the regular mega man amiibo does the same thing (fact check this please) at least that's what I thought they said

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2015, 08:31:00 pm »
Mega Man Legacy Collection - Collectors Edition is up now for $50 on amazon. $20 more than just the game. good thing the regular mega man amiibo does the same thing (fact check this please) at least that's what I thought they said

I rewatched the video and it is being said that the golden mega man is the same as the regular one.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 08:37:29 pm »

I rewatched the video and it is being said that the golden mega man is the same as the regular one.

Okay so a normal mega man amiibo+ spray-paint will give you the same result for cheaper

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2015, 08:39:38 pm »

Okay so a normal mega man amiibo+ spray-paint will give you the same result for cheaper

Slightly lol It's still like it's own amiibo, such as with the Gold/Silver Mario's who have their own uses in Super Mario Maker, but for Mega Man Legacy, it doesn't unlock anything special.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2015, 08:51:25 pm »

Slightly lol It's still like it's own amiibo, such as with the Gold/Silver Mario's who have their own uses in Super Mario Maker, but for Mega Man Legacy, it doesn't unlock anything special.

... that was a joke Ladies and gentleman

argyle

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2015, 09:03:36 pm »
<--- called the DQ !!!!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

soera

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2015, 11:59:14 pm »
Just watched the entire Direct. Here are some of my thoughts.

First off, Hells to the motha fucken yeah on the DQ VII and DQ VIII.

Xenoblade X looks pretty awesome. I can see it giving Fallout 4 a run on being the biggest/baddest sob on the block.

Mario Tennis actually looks pretty fun. I may pick that up.

Bravely Second mention is a great thing. Can not wait til it releases.

FF Explorers is going to be fantastic. Love the new additions and the collector's edition.

Cloud + SSB = win. No 2 ways about it.

The Poke super dungeon game may make it onto my future pick up list. Never been into any Pokemon games but this one seems pretty much on my playstyle level and has every single Poke character available.

Im meh about yet another Zelda HD remake. While the amiibo looks to be the neatest one out there, I will probably refrain from buying it. For the people that like it, however, congrats.

Gold Megaman amiibo ... ehhh its okay I guess. Legacy collection looks neat and I already have a copy on pre-order.

Dont think I forgot anything that picqued my interest.

pacpix

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 01:03:03 am »
Mario Tennis actually looks pretty fun. I may pick that up.

I had a similar reaction to the game.  Doubt I would run out and pick it up day one, but definitely will grab it at some point for my Wii U collection.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

maximo310

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2015, 01:43:09 am »
Forgot about this, but I did manage to get my Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition pre order in earlier today. It seems like the only way to get the complete package all on the cart, and the demand for this is incredible; can't believe it sold out so quickly at Amazon and Best Buy today.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2015, 03:16:20 am »
    A little late to the party, but I just watched the Direct. Man, good to see Nintendo returning to form a bit. This Direct restored some of my faith in them.
    • That Wolf Link amiibo is stunning!
    • Hopefully that Fire Emblem bundle becomes available again, really hope I can get a copy.  That looks like the premier way to experience the new Fire Emblem saga.
    • Yay Cloud! Did not see that coming. Cloud amiibo eventually? Heck yeah!
    • Devil's Third was mentioned. Woo-hoo?
    • The Splatoon update will make me pick up that game again, at least for a little bit.
    • Good to hear about the Dragon Quest localization. I was hoping those would make their way out of Japan.
    • Star Fox Zero looks solid. Looks like that delay was worth it.
    • Pokkén Tournament looks legit! Super excited for that one. The fact that it includes a amiibo card for Shadow Mewtwo makes me wonder about the prospect of future Pokemon amiibo cards.
    • The Mega Man Legacy Collection looks like a faithful collection. The Gold amiibo is cool, but not groundbreaking. I'll still end up buying it.
    • Final Fantasy Exploreres looks somewhat like Monster Hunter to me. I'm not convinced yet.
    • Xenoblade Chronicles X looks amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on that game.
    Good job Nintendo.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:34:32 am by Limeface »

spac316

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2015, 03:39:56 am »
It was a pretty solid Direct over all. Better than their E3 presentation of course. I'm excited for Star Fox Zero, Mario & Luigi Paper jam, XenoBlade X and Hyrule Warriors legends.
I seen the Twilight Princess HD and my reaction was: Woopie, another HD port, great....but I'll get it. I'd kid myself otherwise. :P I do like the Wolf Link Amiibo though.
New content for Splatoon looks cool. Haven't played the game in awhile though...
I'm also happy about the DQ VII and VIII 3DS localizations.
Final Fantasy Explorers looks intriguing, even though I am burnt out on Fial Fantasy.
Pokken Tournament looks fun.

Speaking of Amiibo, I guess I may have to get the Mega man Legacy Collection for the Gold Mega Man then.

Cloud Strife in Smash...HOT DIGGITY DAMN! But if Square was in this all along, why not give us Geno from Mario RPG instead? Oh well, this is cool though.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:43:58 am by spac316 »