Author Topic: List the systems and game (games) for each that defined the way you game  (Read 2922 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: List the systems and game (games) for each that defined the way you game
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 06:03:23 pm »
I Actually forgot about my pc games. Would have to add Warcraft as well.Starcraft too I played those games to death!

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 09:39:17 am »
Atari 2600: Surround and Maze Craze, both local multiplayer games, I can't recall any 2600 games I enjoyed playing solo
Gameboy: Tetris, TMNT fall of the footclan, pokemon red
Game Gear: Surf Ninjas, Sonic, Itchy and Scratchy, and Ren and Stimpy
SNES: Megaman X, Super Mario World, Tiny Toon Wacky Sports Challenge, Tetris Attack, Pieces
N64: Goldeneye, Pokemon Puzzle League, Mario Kart 64, South Park Chef's Luv Shack
PSX: Smackdown! 2, Need for speed high stakes, Wild Arms 2 (Moving from N64 to PSX to PS2 was like a 6 month process, N64 died, bought a psx, 4 months later I got a ps2)
PS2: Timesplitters 2, Timesplitters Future Perfect, GTA 3, GTA San Andreas, Need for speed Most wanted, Need for speed hot pursuit 2
GCN: Smash Bros. Melee, Timesplitters 2
Wii: Twilight Princess, Smash Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy
360: Borderlands 1, Bioshock 1, bethesda games, saints row series
Wii U: Smash
3DS: Fire emblem awakening, link between worlds
PS4: Phantom Pain
XBONE: Fallout 4

I never had an NES growing up, I skipped xbox, I owned a ps3 but never played it, pretty much skipped handhelds between gb and 3ds, I had a DS but never really played it buddy gave me a ds lite and a M3 Simply never played though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 05:18:20 pm »
I've been waiting to post on this thread, because it's kind of a lengthy post. But it's time. Here it goes:

-NES - Super Mario Bros 1-3, The Legend of Zelda 1 & 2, Contra, Bionic Commando, DuckTales, Mega Man 1-6, TMNT 1 & 2, Crystalis, The Battle of Olympus, Star Soldier, Gradius.

-SNES - Super Mario World, LoZ: Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Sim City, Final Fight, Maximum Carnage, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, Chrono Trigger.

GameCube - Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Resident Evil Remake, Super Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Assault.

-Genesis - Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 & Knuckles, X-Men 2: The Clone Wars, Comix Zone, Vectorman 1 & 2, Raiden Trad.

-PS1 - Resident Evil 1-3, King's Field 1 & 2, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Spider-Man, Legend of Legaia, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro 1-3,  Gex, Mega Man Legends, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-3, WWF Attitude, WWF Smackdown 1 & 2, Thunder Force V, Einhander.

-PS2 - Resident Evil 4, King's Field: The Ancient City, Champions of Norrath, Rygar: The Legendary Adventure, Drakan: The Ancient Gates, God of War 1 & 2, Guitar Hero Series, Raiden III, R-Type Final, Tony Hawk: Pro Skater Series.

-Dreamcast - Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Marvel vs. Capcom, House of the Dead 2, Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm.

-XBox - Morrowind, Halo 1 & 2, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2, MechAssault 1 & 2, Spider-Man 1 & 2, X-Men: Legends 1 & 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta.

-XBox 360 - Oblivion, Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, Red Dead Redemption, Halo 3-4 & ODST, WWE series, Batman Arkham series, Bionic Commando, Brutal Legend, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Viking: Battle For Asgard.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 10:19:14 am »
SNES: A Link To The Past, Super Mario World

Gameboy: Pokemon Blue

N64: Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie

Gameboy Color: Oracle Of Seasons/Ages

Gameboy Advance: Golden Sun

Gamecube: Windwaker

PS2: Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil 4

Xbox 360: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Red Dead Redemption, Gears Of War

PS3: Dark Souls

Nothing for the current gen systems has blown my mind yet.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:25:29 am by bperry731 »

hellrider1988

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 10:45:31 am »
It's a short and exclusively Nintendo- and PC-centric list. Too young for NES and SNES but raised on Nintendo anyway. :)

Game Boy - Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Pokémon (they teach you to collect so early already...)

Nintendo 64 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Jet Force Gemini, Mario Kart 64

PC - Half-Life, Diablo, StarCraft, Age of Empires II, Anno 1602, Freelancer

Also, I don't know if it shaped my way of playing in any way, but the only games that really had a lasting emotional impact on me in recent years and made me probably change my way of thinking a little bit were the three Mass Effects.

Actually, back in school when visiting friends we played so much stuff on PS and PS2, I suppose even without owning them these games shaped my gaming habits in some way too...