Author Topic: Kirby Investigation  (Read 1343 times)

Kirby Investigation
« on: January 05, 2016, 02:24:49 pm »
So I have almost all of the 1992-2002 Kirby games in some form or another. However, after Kirby 64, the only Kirby games I own are Nightmare in Dreamland and Super Star Ultra, both of which are remakes. So, with that in mind, what Kirby games from the last fifteen years or so would you all recommend? Shoot, feel free to recommend one of the 90s games I don't have if you feel like it! My Kirby collection currently consists of:

Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Game Boy)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Wii Virtual Console)
Kirby's Pinball Land (Game Boy)
Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Kirby Super Star (SNES)
Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)

UPDATE
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (GBA)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:40:09 pm by cornykev »

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

kashell

Re: Kirby Investigation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 03:15:19 pm »
Let's see...these are off the top of my head. I'm a huge Kirby fan.

Kirby Squeak Squad (DS) is fun, even though it's really short. The price of admission may not be worth it.
Kirby's Dream Course (SNES) is insanely difficulty, but this is coming from someone that hasn't played it in years.
Kirby's Tilt n' Tumble (GBC) was awful...poor Kirby gets all of the experimental games. Speaking of which...
Kirby Mass Attack (DS) was just...so annoying. I had a lot more fun with...
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS) even though it's really difficult. I hear the one on the Wii U is similar to it.
Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby: Return to Dreamland (Wii) are adorable and fun. Both are highly recommended.
Kirby Star Stacker and Kirby Block Ball are like Tetris and Breakout, respectively and for the original Game Boy. They're good for quick spurts of non-traditional Kirby.
Kirby and The Amazing Mirror (GBA) is like a Metroid title. YMMV.
Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) is fantastic; a great return to Kirby's origins with a modern touch.

I haven't played Kirby's Air Ride. You have Super Star, which is probably my favorite of the bunch.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 03:24:08 pm by kashell »

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 03:26:04 pm »
I'd highly recommend Kirby's Return to Dreamland, it's like Crystal Shards except way better.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 04:08:17 pm »
I'd highly recommend Kirby's Return to Dreamland, it's like Crystal Shards except way better.

Nice. Next to Super Star and Adventure, Crystal Shards is one of my favorites.

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 01:07:53 am »
Kirby Squeak Squad (DS) is fun, even though it's really short. The price of admission may not be worth it.
Squeak Squad might be my favorite one I've played. I like that it's short and the mice fit well into the charm of Kirby games. Plus the boss rush mode is great as far as boss rush levels go.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:10:46 am by Limeface »

pacpix

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 01:59:08 am »
I will also recommend Squeak Squad, I had a lot of fun playing it back when it came out, but as stated earlier it is pretty short.  Return to Dreamland is also great, especially when played with friends.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jason

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 12:04:54 am »
Kirby: Return to Dreamland was a really good one. :-) I still enjoyed Tilt n' Tumble. It was definitely a unique experience. I also think the GBA ones were pretty good. I still like to go back and play Kirby's Dream Land 2 every so often.