Author Topic: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2  (Read 9894 times)

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
« on: November 30, 2015, 10:05:09 pm »
GOTY 2016

https://youtu.be/9_0gZFfqK3w

Who else is excited for this amazing game?!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:41:07 am by weirdfeline »

Re: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 12:26:05 am »
Garden Warfare 1 was just an okay game to me and I haven't seen anything else really standout for me with this one, so I'll pass.  The only shooter I'm interested in next year is Overwatch lol

gf78

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:50:36 am »
I've enjoyed the first PvZ Garden Warfare.  A lot.  My youngest daughter loves it too.  I've already pre-ordered the second one, though I have mixed feelings on it.  EA has already raised the initial sale price from $40 for the first to $60 for the sequel with their typical bullshit $70 "premium edition."  If they announce a season pass for it, I'm gonna have to pass.  Unfortunately, it seems that EA is moving back into the "most evil corporation in America" phase again.   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

karyann

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:13:19 am »
I like the first one a lot more than I thought I would, but I don't pay for PS+ so I can't play, because even the offline  mode requires PS+... I'm very glad they changed that in the sequel, I'll try it for sure!

gf78

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:36:12 am »
I like the first one a lot more than I thought I would, but I don't pay for PS+ so I can't play, because even the offline  mode requires PS+... I'm very glad they changed that in the sequel, I'll try it for sure!

I haven't read up on Garden Warfare 2.  Does it have a proper story mode this time around?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 04:23:37 pm »
I've enjoyed the first PvZ Garden Warfare.  A lot.  My youngest daughter loves it too.  I've already pre-ordered the second one, though I have mixed feelings on it.  EA has already raised the initial sale price from $40 for the first to $60 for the sequel with their typical bullshit $70 "premium edition."  If they announce a season pass for it, I'm gonna have to pass.  Unfortunately, it seems that EA is moving back into the "most evil corporation in America" phase again.   ::)
There's no season pass they already announced they'll be supporting it with free DLC again like they did with the first game.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 09:34:36 am »
This new gameplay is amazing!!!!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/12/09/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-2-solo-mode-reveal-trailer-ign-first

Those Gardens & Graveyards features are gonna be awesome to play with.

YouTube upload: https://youtu.be/Cx1AOEvaFk0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:10:31 am by weirdfeline »

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 02:06:54 am »
Is anyone else playing the beta? It's available on PS4 and Xbox One for all players and it ends Monday afternoon.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 04:51:16 am »
Is anyone else playing the beta? It's available on PS4 and Xbox One for all players and it ends Monday afternoon.

I would've at least tried, but I don't have my PS4 yet.  Would be nice if they had supported PC with the beta.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 09:01:30 am »

I would've at least tried, but I don't have my PS4 yet.  Would be nice if they had supported PC with the beta.
They don't want people breaking the beta and getting the full game for free.

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 01:17:37 pm »

It's just the beta, it shouldn't have everything in it lol

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 12:37:47 am »

It's just the beta, it shouldn't have everything in it lol
Well it does. I didn't make it up that was their reason on Twitter.

maximo310

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 01:46:19 am »
Well that's EA's fault by putting all of the data onto their beta.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 08:37:26 am »
So no one is playing it?

gf78

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 10:10:28 am »
Just read the Polygon (ughhh...) review and they gave it an 8/10.  My excitement for this game has shot through the roof and I can't wait until Tuesday to pick it up!  Btw...Polygon is one of the few sites that I can actually view here at work.  Otherwise, I would steer clear because of their biased bullshit.

I have to add that it is quite strange that I am excited for yet another EA game, despite the fact that as a company I absolutely despise them.  First Battlefront, now this.   :o

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:12:24 am by gf78 »