Author Topic: A Year in Review - 2015  (Read 3934 times)

retroone

Re: A Year in Review - 2015
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 03:51:25 pm »
Favorite Game Released in 2015: Rocket League
Favorite Game Played During 2015: Portal 2
Least Favorite Game Released in 2015: Any sports game that is made by 2K or EA
Least Favorite Game During 2015:Bad Rats
Favorite Gaming Moment in 2015: Playing Plague of Shadows expansion for Shovel Knight
Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015: Having completed 20+ games! (More than the usual amount in a year personally)

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 07:36:17 pm »
Favorite Game Released in 2015: Witcher 3
Favorite Game Played During 2015: The Wolf Among Us
Least Favorite Game During 2015: Ninjabread Man. It's pretty much as bad as they say. Though I did enjoy it's horrible game design in an odd sort of way. Well worth the $1 it cost.
Favorite Gaming Moment in 2015: Being genuinely concerned with my choices in The Wolf Among Us.
Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015: Beating All-Star Mode on Super Smash Bros Wii U on Hard mode with Ike to unlock the challenge achievement.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 07:42:01 pm »
Favorite Game Released in 2015: So Far Splatoon

Favorite Game Played During 2015: Lego City Undercover. this game had me laughing out loud at times. especially since they somehow were able to make references to movies like Dirty Harry and Goodfellas

Least Favorite Game Released in 2015: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5... more on that soon

Least Favorite Game During 2015:THPS5 this could have been at least decent but it just felt off. the biggest problem for me was the the new "stomp" mechanic is on the same button as Grind/Wallride making me miss rails and make me land just before the wall. Create-a-skater is a complete Joke basically pick a head, then a body... that's it and it feels they tried to hide it you had to got to a pro skater their edit option, and then swap over to the created skater from there

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2015: Online playing Smash bros, playing as Lucina against a Ganondorf and 2 other characters a hammer falls and me and the Ganon go after it I decide to stop a tad short allowing the ganon to grab the Hammer and I instantly KO'd that SOB with a counter on the Hammer attack

Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015: the Retro Reload Podcast. yeah might seem like a shameless plug, but it's honestly something I look forward to each week and it's just fun to talk to these guys about similar interest something I don't get to do that often around here.

telly

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 09:30:48 pm »
Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015: the Retro Reload Podcast. yeah might seem like a shameless plug, but it's honestly something I look forward to each week and it's just fun to talk to these guys about similar interest something I don't get to do that often around here.

Ooh, that's another good one. It's not often that I get to talk about video games face-to-face with such a fine group of people like those on Retro Reload, even though I'm not a standard member of the crew, haha.  :P
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 09:04:09 am »
Favorite Game Released in 2015: Dragon Quest Heroes!

Favorite Game Played During 2015: See above. I waited for months for this game and it was worth it once it came out. No doubt my personal game of the year.

Least Favorite Game Released in 2015: I really couldnt tell you. I avoid titles that I dont think I would enjoy.

Least Favorite Game During 2015: Same as above.

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2015: Completing Dragon Quest Heroes with platinum trophy. Some of those trophies are more annoying to get than you can imagine. It was definitely a great 100 hour playthrough though.

Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015: Finishing my Sega master system kiosk demo set. Its honestly a goal I never figured would happen.

kashell

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 09:36:23 am »

<3

Always a pleasure. No one is as passionate about games IRL around these parts, so it's great to talk to folks who are.

aliensstudios

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 07:54:08 pm »
Favorite Game Released: I'd say my favorite was probably Super Mario Maker
Favorite Game Played: I beat EarthBound for the first time this year and it wads definitely my favorite game I played.
Least Favorite Game Released: Well, if I had to pick I'd say Mario Party 10, but it's not that bad. It's just my least favorite that I purchased.
Least Favorite Game Played: I played Men in Black: The Series with a friend; it was awful!
Favorite Gaming Moment of 2015: Lucas and Roy coming back to Smash Bros., Shovel Knight amiibo announced.
Proudest Gaming Moment of 2015: Finding EarthBound, moving my collection past the 600 mark.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 01:11:54 pm »
Favorite Game Released in 2015: Transformers Devastation

Favorite Game Played During 2015: Shovel Knight

Least Favorite Game Released in 2015: As much as it pains me - Battlefront.  You dropped the ball EA.  I just want to play offline.  Give me some damn bots to shoot!  That's all I want!  I want the online experience with bots!  Do that.  The first two games did that why can't you?  F-117A Stealth Fighter for the NES  This game should never have been made on a console.  It might be a great PC game; but on the NES, it is balls.

Least Favorite Game During 2015:

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2015:  Spending and evening drinking and playing old co-op games with my brother.  It was a blast.

Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015: I am the proud owner of Little Samson!  Wasn't sure it would happen.

argyle

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 05:24:02 pm »
Favorite Game Released in 2015: Fallout 4, definitely. It exceeded my expectations. Time just disappears when I play it, the true sign of a great game. Probably doesn't hurt that my wife is playing it as well, so it's fun to share notes with her & see how we each approach things differently.

Favorite Game Played During 2015: Fallout 4, but my favorite game played that wasn't released in 2015 is Rayman Legends. One of, if not the best 2D platformers I have ever played. Level design in that game is amazing. When you're going well in that game there is a rhythm to the gameplay that you can feel. It's just an incredible game. My only real complaint is the bonus levels you unlock when you beat the game - the remixed musical levels. They're cheap to the point of not being fun.

Least Favorite Game Released in 2015: This would have taken me some thought before last night, but - Onechanbara Z2: Chaos. Oh sweet baby moses is that game bad! I have never played a game in the series before, but assumed from what I had seen that it was comparable to Dynasty Warriors, which I love. No. Nonononono. This game literally put me in a very bland arena (black background, red "blood" floor & a fence holding me in a giant circle) and just kept respawning the same enemies for what had to have been at least 10 minutes. Felt much longer. That game is going up on ebay ASAP.

Least Favorite Game During 2015: I doubt anything beat out Onechanbara, tho Cruis'n for the Wii is pretty gawdawful. :P

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2015: Had a ton of fun playing Diablo III w/ my wife this year. We've played stuff together before, but it's a matter of finding something that interests her that supports it. We put a ton of time together into D3, and I imagine we aren't done with it yet.

Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015: Probably finishing Bloodborne. It was the first "Souls" game to really grab me, and if it wasn't for Fallout 4 it would be my GOTY this year.

Proudest Game Collection Accomplishment in 2015: I'm adding one. ;) This is definitely finding the complete R.O.B. out in the wild - it even included the NES bundle box & instructions! It has a place of honor in my game room as one of the first things you see when you walk in. I always wanted one of those silly things but knew I'd never pay the ridiculous asking prices on ebay.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:04:59 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2015, 08:56:08 am »
Thanks for the good idea, argyle!

Proudest Game Collection Accomplishment in 2015: Finding a copy of Rule of Rose at a store in almost flawless condition. While the price was higher than most games I pay for in the wild, I was so stoked that I was able to buy this elusive survival/horror title and support a local game store. Purchasing this game was quite the experience, because the clerks working at that day essentially laid out the red carpet for me when they learned that I wanted to buy it.

maximo310

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 04:03:15 pm »
This is a work in progress:

Favorite Game Played in 2015: Ys: Oath in Felgana on PC. Nightmare and Inferno modes defenitely tested your skills.

Least Favorite Game Played in 2015- Kidz Crazy Golf for Wii. Probably the worst mini golf game i've played yet.

Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015: Getting that 1cc on Rayforce, one of the most difficult shmups out there, and then realizing that my score was actually pretty good.   Score is in here: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=35037

gf78

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 11:49:04 am »
Favorite Game Released in 2015:   Overall, I would have to go with Bloodborne. 

Favorite Game Played During 2015: A tie between Destiny the Taken King and Call of Duty Black Ops III.  These are the two games I have played more than any other in 2015.

Least Favorite Game Released in 2015: Evolve.  This multiplayer-only game is complete imbalanced and the amount of users playing dropped off in no time.  If you played as the monster and managed to evolve, you were near unbeatable.

Least Favorite Game During 2015:  Evolve again. 

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2015: Beating Uncharted Drake's Fortune again in the Nathan Drake Collection.  Love these games.

Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015:   Scoring both a 20th Anniversary PS4 and a Gold Taco Bell PS4 bundle.  Fantastic.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 05:13:52 pm »
Favorite Game Released in 2015: Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (PS4) - Quite a lot of good games were released in 2015, but Disgaea 5 was the most fun and had the fewest issues of any of the other releases of the year.

Favorite Game Played During 2015: Shadow Warrior (PS4) - Easy choice. Most fun and satisfying game I played in 2015.

Least Favorite Game Released in 2015: Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS) - Not completely awful, but held back by a lot of super annoying unnecessary issues.

Least Favorite Game Played During 2015: Home: A Unique Horror Adventure (PS4) - Pretty terrible with some annoying bugs as well.

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2015: Bethesda's E3 Presentation

Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2015: Finishing a Mega Man game without save states.

Proudest Game Collection Accomplishment in 2015: Finding Ninja Five-O (GBA) for $2, passing the 500 mark, some other good deals, etc.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:16:06 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)