Author Topic: December 2015- Tis the Pickups thread  (Read 23108 times)

Veilor

Re: December 2015- Tis the Pickups thread
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2015, 04:59:09 pm »
I picked up Metroid Prime Echoes & Corruption. Now I have all three. I'd really like to get the collection for wii but it's so much more expensive :(

karyann

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 05:19:41 pm »
I picked up Metroid Prime Echoes & Corruption. Now I have all three. I'd really like to get the collection for wii but it's so much more expensive :(

Welcome back! Haven't seen you in a while :) 

Yeah, it's really a shame that they made the trilogy so limited... It could have helped so many people discover the series.  :-\

devancowan

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 09:07:36 pm »
After Fallout 4, I haven't picked up any games (unless you include me Secret Santa goodies)!
But while I was at Eb games today picking up Shovel Knight for my brother for christmas, there were some games I couldn't pass up :)

Blazblue - 1.99
Street Fight X Tekken - 1.99
Reality Fighters - 0.99
Persona 4 Arena - 1.99

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 10:37:49 pm »
And I just grabbed Shovel Knight Wii U, cause I was gonna do it eventually.  Sweet package with that awesome manual and a free soundtrack. Plus basically the most useful Amiibo ever is coming out in a few weeks.  I rarely buy games twice...This is one of them lol

Veilor

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 01:15:55 am »

Yeah, it's really a shame that they made the trilogy so limited... It could have helped so many people discover the series.  :-\

hehe, I've been lurking around here quietly when I've had time. Studying now so can't spend all that much money on games anymore. But once in a while I gotta be nice to myself :D

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 08:18:53 am »

I bought my Metroid Trilogy on clearance from Best Buy years ago for $5, steelbook and all.

It's one of those games that didn't have a second printing because it didn't sell well enough (most compilation games are that way), so stores start throwing them out at some point (that's how I got my pikmin 2 (wii) for $5 as well).  But now that it's not available it's in demand.

I really wish NoA had released the Wii version of Chibi Robo in america.  :(

gf78

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2015, 08:59:00 am »
I bought my Metroid Trilogy on clearance from Best Buy years ago for $5, steelbook and all.

It's one of those games that didn't have a second printing because it didn't sell well enough (most compilation games are that way), so stores start throwing them out at some point (that's how I got my pikmin 2 (wii) for $5 as well).  But now that it's not available it's in demand.

Actually, Metroid Prime Trilogy did have a second printing.  It comes in a standard white DVD-style case with no bonus booklet.  I see that one pop up quite frequently at my local GameStop. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2015, 08:59:43 am »
Picked up the new DualShock 4 Darth Vader edition as well as the Capcom 30th Anniversary Character book. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2015, 09:18:01 am »

Actually, Metroid Prime Trilogy did have a second printing.  It comes in a standard white DVD-style case with no bonus booklet.  I see that one pop up quite frequently at my local GameStop.

Ah, I thought the steelbook and non-steelbook were like standard and premium.

gf78

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2015, 09:26:18 am »

Ah, I thought the steelbook and non-steelbook were like standard and premium.

Completely understandable.  Nintendo also re-released other games like Xenoblade Chronicles.  The reprint version doesn't come with an instruction manual. 

Veilor

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2015, 11:46:55 am »

Well I live in Sweden and our game prices aren't as fortunate as you have over in america :(

Also I forgot to say I bought Guitar Hero Live for Xbox 360 aswell!

karyann

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2015, 11:47:26 am »

They did reprint it, but they sell it as "used" so that they can ask for a higher price, which defeats the purpose imo  :-\ sure there are more copies, but it still isn't more affordable. 

maximo310

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2015, 12:51:37 pm »

They did reprint it, but they sell it as "used" so that they can ask for a higher price, which defeats the purpose imo  :-\ sure there are more copies, but it still isn't more affordable.
They did the same thing with Super Mario All Stars for the Wii, with the second print being the game in a regular dvd case, and it still costs $60.

gf78

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2015, 03:05:18 pm »
They did the same thing with Super Mario All Stars for the Wii, with the second print being the game in a regular dvd case, and it still costs $60.

Yep, forgot about that one.  But was it $60?  I distinctly remember the All Stars Collection being $50 new when it came out.   ???

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2015, 05:01:14 pm »
I get to post here!!!!

Down to 16! 

Today I found Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Hillsfar
and an NES Arkanoid Controller