Author Topic: Few Ideas  (Read 1131 times)

steph

Few Ideas
« on: December 09, 2015, 03:54:57 pm »
The website is amazing, its easy and simple to use but there's always room for improvement so here's a few ideas I had in mind:

- Completed | Playing | Played Buttons: When adding a new game to my collection it would be nice to see an option to choose one of these instead of writing it in the notes section.
Sorting Options (Follow up on the idea above): I know there isn't a sorting feature yet but whenever that happens I would like to see the option for completed, playing, and played games.

- More Genre: Currently you can only choose one genre for each game, having the option to pick more then one would be great.

- Custom Tags: Being able to tag your games.

- Rating System: A simple 1-5 or 1-10 rating with custom names (option to change it for whatever you'd like) for each number (Example: 5-Great, 4-Good, 3-Fair, ect.).

- More Platform Option: A section for Android, iPad, and iPhone games. Also Linux, Mac, and PC can be a subcategory for steam.

Re: Few Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 04:07:47 pm »
I may be mistaken, but when you buy a game for Steam, isn't it basically a crossbuy platform wise?  You don't have to buy 2 copies of the same game to play it on different OSs do you?

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 04:08:06 pm »
The website is amazing, its easy and simple to use but there's always room for improvement so here's a few ideas I had in mind:

- Completed | Playing | Played Buttons: When adding a new game to my collection it would be nice to see an option to choose one of these instead of writing it in the notes section.
Sorting Options (Follow up on the idea above): I know there isn't a sorting feature yet but whenever that happens I would like to see the option for completed, playing, and played games.

- More Genre: Currently you can only choose one genre for each game, having the option to pick more then one would be great.

- Rating System: A simple 1-5 or 1-10 rating with custom names (option to change it for whatever you'd like) for each number (Example: 5-Great, 4-Good, 3-Fair, ect.).

- More Platform Option: A section for Android, iPad, and iPhone games. Also Linux, Mac, and PC can be a subcategory for steam.
The rating system is the main one.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 04:48:04 pm »
I may be mistaken, but when you buy a game for Steam, isn't it basically a crossbuy platform wise?  You don't have to buy 2 copies of the same game to play it on different OSs do you?

I think there's a few tiny exceptions but... yes, you are correct.

As for "Mobile" games, we currently don't accept them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:52:47 pm by badATchaos »

steph

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 05:14:18 pm »
Yes its a one time buy for all the platform its compatible with. The option would come in handy for when there's a sorting system, the game would show up in the platform you choose. Just threw the idea in there for more organization I guess not really of importance.

steph

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 05:17:26 pm »

The rating system is the main one.

Great to hear!

steph

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 05:18:48 pm »

I think there's a few tiny exceptions but... yes, you are correct.

As for "Mobile" games, we currently don't accept them.

Oh okay maybe in the future then.

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 06:09:09 pm »
I think a feature I'd most like to see is viewing games by date purchased or released. This isn't too bad though because you can export your collection and view it and sort however you want.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

steph

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 07:00:44 pm »
I think a feature I'd most like to see is viewing games by date purchased or released. This isn't too bad though because you can export your collection and view it and sort however you want.

That's true but a sorting system on here would be great too!

jason

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 08:08:33 pm »
H steph,

I wanted to thank you for the constructive feedback! :-)

Kind Regards,

Jason

steph

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 01:17:18 pm »
H steph,

I wanted to thank you for the constructive feedback! :-)

Kind Regards,

Jason

No problem Jason!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 04:04:50 pm by steph »