Author Topic: Top Five Must Have PS4 Games, What's Yours?  (Read 8704 times)

Top Five Must Have PS4 Games, What's Yours?
« on: December 11, 2015, 10:22:33 am »
Hey guys with the year coming to a close I wanted to start a discussion about the top five games for the PS4 up until this point.

Whats your favourite games so far?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:49:53 pm by tuet0ne »

gf78

Re: Top Five Must Have PS4 Games, What's Yours?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 12:01:43 pm »
Top Five?  Here goes in no particular order.

1.  Bloodborne
2.  Until Dawn
3.  Uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection
4.  The Last of Us Remastered
5.  DriveClub
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 01:04:34 pm »
Top Five?  Here goes in no particular order.

1.  Bloodborne
2.  Until Dawn
3.  Uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection
4.  The Last of Us Remastered
5.  DriveClub

I've yet to give Uncharted on the PS4 a go, how much does it improve the originals....is it worth the purchase if I've already completed them on PS3?

gf78

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 02:53:01 pm »
I've yet to give Uncharted on the PS4 a go, how much does it improve the originals....is it worth the purchase if I've already completed them on PS3?

They aren't different games from the original PS3 releases.  What you have are graphics running at a higher resolution (1080p) and framerate (60fps), much like the Last of Us Remastered.  Side-by-side, you could tell the difference, but it's not a mind-blowing jump.  The games looked beautiful on the PS3, they look better and play smoother now.

If you are a person that enjoys collecting trophies, then you have an all new set of trophies to add to your PSN ID.  There is also a voucher included for access to the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta in the box.  It's a helluva set for $50.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 08:55:09 pm »
1. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- -Extremely Solid Fighter and a great Franchise return
2. Transformer's Devastation -get it just get it, Platinum Games really did a great job on this Title. it's right up their with Bayonetta,and it's a Licensed title of all things
3. inFAMOUS Second Son/First Light -Honestly this has been the only True PS4 Exclusive that I have actually cared about and I thought it was a fun experience. also after playing First Light Fetch has become one of my favorite Female Video Game Characters
4. Samurai Warriors 4 - it's Just a fun, blow everyone away in a single strike, mindless, Hack-n-Slash.
5. Tales Of Zesteria - this game has been filling my RPG kick on the System and this pick might be a little bias since I've been a big Tales series fan ever since My friend let me barrow Tales of Symphonia back on the Gamecube in High school.

other recomendations
Rocket League -probably the best Downloadable title on the system
Wolfenstien: the New Order -Shooting Nazi's as a Badass in an alternate timeline where they won WWII. What's not to like?
Shadow Warrior -a solid FPS about Hell invading Earth that doesn't take itself seriously at all Hilarious writing and proably has the best First person swordplay since Red Steel 2.
Akiba'Strip Undead and Undress- 3-D beat-em-up involving Synthetic Vampires and an evil organization creating them to do their dirty work and how you beat them is by tearing off their clothes to expose them to Sunlight, Sign me up
Batman Arkham Knight -it is a good game I just feel they went way overboard with the batmobile and the amount of times you need to use it, However I recommend waiting till the inevitable GOTY (or whatever the hell they decide to call it) Edition due to the sheer amount of DLC they have.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 01:19:59 am »
1. Shenmue 3
2. Shenmue 3
3. Shenmue 3
4. Shenmue 3
5. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

But in all seriousness, I have yet to get a PS4, but need to soon. The console has really grown into its own and there are easily 10 games (ones that are actually out lol), that I'm very interested in playing.

argyle

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 03:40:43 am »
Based on what I've played so far:

Bloodborne
Fallout 4
Diablo III
Warframe
The Witcher 3

Lots of other really good ones tho, and several "big" titles I haven't gotten to yet.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 04:56:47 pm »
Other than a few titles on the 3DS, this is my future of gaming. With whats out now and what is planned in the upcoming future, I would be perfectly satisfied with just owning a PS4 and no other system. Games are definitely a major part of that too. So far I have about 75 titles and some of the top ones include :

Dragon Quest Heroes - I know Im the resident DQ fanatic but this game is great despite its DQ background. My son and my wife have been playing it and they know nothing of DQ and they both really love the game as well. Hopefully this title will bring all the rest of the DQ games to the yard.

Diablo III (Reaper of souls) - I have in excess of 300+ hours on this game. The single best co-op dungeon crawler ever made.

Witcher III - This game was not voted the game of the year for nothing. A world of awesome that is set to last for months.

Batman: Arkham Knight - The final game in the Arkham series is also the best one made.

Dragon Age Inquisition - A great addition to the DA series.

Shadow of Mordor - Other than a disappointing final fight, this was one of the most interesting games I have played in a while.

Knack - A perfect launch exclusive to show the fun options and graphics the PS4 has to offer.

Mortal Kombat X - Its MK. Its awesome. End of story.

There are loads of other games Ive yet to crawl into yet. And there are loads of titles scheduled for the future - Battleborn, Bloodstained, Dragon Quest Builders, DQ Heroes II, Everquest Next, Fairy Fencer F, Final fantasy VII remake, Last Guardian, Ni No Kuni 2, Nier: Automata, Overwatch, Shenmue 3, Star Ocean V, Worlds of Final Fantasy, etc. The PS4's future is shining brighter than ever!

thewelshman

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 05:00:23 pm »
1. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- -Extremely Solid Fighter and a great Franchise return
2. Transformer's Devastation -get it just get it, Platinum Games really did a great job on this Title. it's right up their with Bayonetta,and it's a Licensed title of all things
3. inFAMOUS Second Son/First Light -Honestly this has been the only True PS4 Exclusive that I have actually cared about and I thought it was a fun experience. also after playing First Light Fetch has become one of my favorite Female Video Game Characters
4. Samurai Warriors 4 - it's Just a fun, blow everyone away in a single strike, mindless, Hack-n-Slash.
5. Tales Of Zesteria - this game has been filling my RPG kick on the System and this pick might be a little bias since I've been a big Tales series fan ever since My friend let me barrow Tales of Symphonia back on the Gamecube in High school.

other recomendations
Rocket League -probably the best Downloadable title on the system
Wolfenstien: the New Order -Shooting Nazi's as a Badass in an alternate timeline where they won WWII. What's not to like?
Shadow Warrior -a solid FPS about Hell invading Earth that doesn't take itself seriously at all Hilarious writing and proably has the best First person swordplay since Red Steel 2.
Akiba'Strip Undead and Undress- 3-D beat-em-up involving Synthetic Vampires and an evil organization creating them to do their dirty work and how you beat them is by tearing off their clothes to expose them to Sunlight, Sign me up
Batman Arkham Knight -it is a good game I just feel they went way overboard with the batmobile and the amount of times you need to use it, However I recommend waiting till the inevitable GOTY (or whatever the hell they decide to call it) Edition due to the sheer amount of DLC they have.

Glad there's some Akiba's Trip love. I platinumed it on PS Vita, and have been considering getting it again for PS4. I went into it thinking I'd enjoy the game, but it was a lot more fun that I realized. Plus, defeating it on different difficulty levels, and having different endings does stretch it out a little.

soera

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 05:06:59 pm »
I read a review somewhere marking it one of the worst games ever made. I guess to each their own. I should eventually add it to my collection just to find out.  :o

retrogemcollector

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 09:13:22 pm »
In case no one mentioned it :
BLOODBORNE + DLC
Witcher 3
Infamous
Batman
Last of us
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:15:11 pm by thedarkpersian »

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 11:40:08 pm »
Grand Theft Auto V
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
Tearaway Unfolded
inFamous Second Son
Watch Dogs

I think these are all the games I have played most. I would say that they are all must haves, the Watch Dogs hate bandwagon was undeserved.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 02:30:09 pm »
Here's what I bought before even owning a PS4:

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Infamous: Second Son
Infamous: First Light (European physical copy)
The Last of Us Remastered
Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Edition (brings Tom Wilson onboard as the voice of Biff Tannen)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 02:33:19 pm by dashv »

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 04:01:23 am »
I haven't actually played a single PS4 exclusive as yet. I do own Infamous: Second Son and Until Dawn but haven't gotten around to them yet.

My favorite games I've played on the PS4 thus far....

1. The Last of Us Remastered
2. Fallout 4
3. Destiny
4. Shadow of Mordor
5. Wolfenstein: The New Order

gf78

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 08:30:08 am »
Knack - A perfect launch exclusive to show the fun options and graphics the PS4 has to offer.

Forgive my soapbox for a moment, but I have to agree that Knack was a very, very fun platformer that showed off the Pixar-esque graphics the PS4 is capable of.  I had a blast playing this game and find it atrocious how reviewers tore it apart while giving something like Mario (insert whatever title follow-up here) 4001 a free pass.