Author Topic: western outlaw: wanted dead or alive review  (Read 2196 times)

htimreimer

western outlaw: wanted dead or alive review
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:13:18 am »
developer jarhead games  publisher groove publishing

let's get straight to the review

graphics

with a game made in 2003 i cant expect 2012 graphics  but that's not the case here the graphics look bad for 2003
this game looks better than redneck rampage but worst than soldier of fortune and i think you can guess how bad the graphics are in this game

story and sound

the story is as generic as a western can get
how generic ??? you play as the stranger do i have say any more also music and sound is just generic western  

gameplay

well this is an fps so not much to say about it

but will talk about th AI
the AI  so bad you can walk away from them and and I'm not joking  

the boss battles also have the bad AI  the first boss battle all you have to do is duck beside a crate and pick him off and than in level 6 you get to crazy eddie
and the game throws a f@^* you

let me tell you how to beat crazy eddie

crazy eddie has a gatling gun and you the player has TNT
the crates in the level do not protect you and crazy eddie can see you from a mile away and is hiding behind a armored wagon

so how do you kill him?? well thare is three wooden boxes behind him you have to toss the TNT at a pacific box and a pacific spot on that box
you get three sticks of TNT in the wagon and you killed him and here is a map of the level from a walkthrough

Photobucket

bugs and installing process

installing the game is vary easy and with no problems and now a three bugs in the game

the blood pooling in the game doesn't work i have shot the guy in the head and the blood came out his leg
in level 1 you are in a train and all the men in the train has thare chin in the walls in the roof and the floor
in level 2 thare is a spot ware you can spawn a tree in the path ware you have to go making it impossible to finish the level
and those are just three of the many many many bugs in the game

contention

in contention it's bad bad game and its only for the people who love to exploit glitches

Re: western outlaw: wanted dead or alive review
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 01:10:58 am »
BUMPED BY OLDGAMERZ 7-4-2019

This is an old thread but I got something positive to say about the game  "Western Outlaw: Wanted Dead Of Alive"

First off everything htimreimer said in the review is accurate. I have encountered the same exact issues including a graphics glitch the had something to do with my drivers in my PC. back in the early to mid 2000's

This game is one of the best Western games I ever played in fact it plays well with little PC RAM and it's an early 3D graphics style, maybe PlayStation 1 or Nintendo 64 like graphics.

I have an attachment this games because it was one of the vary first games I ever beaten without wanting to cheat 

I highly recommend obtaining this game but I would not spend too much on it though. I loved this game as a teenager :)

It's buggy but not unplayable, I used Windows XP when I played it last I loved this game

YOUTUBE PLAYLIST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U3KVpnPy9g&list=PLXd3rSycHR4Cq6nLcyun-EinD_95h9_Jv
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 01:41:19 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"