Author Topic: Must Have Games For The Wii U, What's Your Choices?  (Read 5787 times)

Re: Must Have Games For The Wii U, What's Your Choices?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 04:50:49 pm »
^ ZombiU was just too damn hard. So easy to get killed. And so scarce on supplies. You're constantly just looking for healing supplies and weapons.

It had its challenging moments, but I got to a part where I realized this game never gets any better or anymore interesting.  I didn't even finish it on Wii U.  I randomly bought it on PC to just beat it and I did and it turns out to be a very short, very unsatisfying game.  Not even my love of zombie games could keep me truly interested in it.

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 07:24:59 pm »
Nintendo Land is a fun one, especially when played with other people. Of course, I realize it comes with several Wii U bundles. But hey, in case it didn't, used copies tend to go for under $10 these days. I got mine at a local used game store for $8-$9, and it looks brand new.

Also, I bought Gunman Clive HD Collection off the eShop, and I've been enjoying it so far, too. Good bang (ba dum tss) for your buck.

And of course Super Mario Maker and Smash Bros. are fantastic.

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 07:31:28 pm »
^ I lost my copy. I deleted it off of my hard-drive (it was in my console bundle, digitally) to make room for the Xenoblade Chronicles X Loading Booster Packs. I was thinking I could just re-download it again, like you do on XBox.

Well, Nintendo sucks, and there is no way to re-download it. It's only digital if you bought one of those bundles.

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 08:34:14 pm »
^ I lost my copy. I deleted it off of my hard-drive (it was in my console bundle, digitally) to make room for the Xenoblade Chronicles X Loading Booster Packs. I was thinking I could just re-download it again, like you do on XBox.

Well, Nintendo sucks, and there is no way to re-download it. It's only digital if you bought one of those bundles.

Wow. That's terrible. What a rip-off!

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 08:53:53 am »

I guess that's the downfall of pre-loaded games, that sucks hard.  You might have luck contacting Customer Support at Nintendo, if you provide them with your console info they might give you a download code for it.

gf78

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 09:14:52 am »

Nintendo reeeaaalllllyyyy needs to pull their heads out of their collective ass with their network shenanigans.  It's so piss poor, that when you buy character packs bundles for Super Smash Bros. that covers 3DS and Wii U versions, you can't just log into the other system, see your purchase and download it.  You have to go to the system you did the initial purchase on, find a stupid ass download code it provides for the other system, then enter that on the other system to download the content.  It's completely counter-intuitive. 

The fact that a digital game already pre-installed on your system is lost to you if you delete it to make room is ridiculous.  Sony and Microsoft figured this shit out over a decade ago!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 09:40:02 am »

Nintendo reeeaaalllllyyyy needs to pull their heads out of their collective ass with their network shenanigans.  It's so piss poor, that when you buy character packs bundles for Super Smash Bros. that covers 3DS and Wii U versions, you can't just log into the other system, see your purchase and download it.  You have to go to the system you did the initial purchase on, find a stupid ass download code it provides for the other system, then enter that on the other system to download the content.  It's completely counter-intuitive. 

The fact that a digital game already pre-installed on your system is lost to you if you delete it to make room is ridiculous.  Sony and Microsoft figured this shit out over a decade ago!
Nintendo is super duper paranoid about piracy.

I don't know Microsoft's policy about digital downloads very well.  I think if you purchase a game, it works for any user on the system it was purchased on as well as any system that the owner Gamertag is logged into with an active online connection.  (Not sure about Xb1, I think that applies to 360)  That's a fairly solid policy.  Sony's policy is, register up to 2 PS3 devices, 1 PS4 device, and 3 handheld devices.  Your content can be on all or any of those registered devices.  Fairly solid policy, works pretty well.  EXCEPT, if you own a PSP, PSPgo, PSVita, and a PSTV.  One of those devices has to be basically a paper weight.  In my specific situation, I own a PSPgo, 2 PSVitas, and a PSTV.  It's unfortunate and I can't justify removing one of those devices to allow me to use a PSTV, so I don't use my PSTV.  PSTV can't even Netflix.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 05:01:14 pm »
Fast Racing Neo
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 09:23:00 pm »
This is a toughie.  I don't know if I can stop at 5.  I'm a huge WiiU fan. 

1) Mario Maker - I was on the fence about this when it was announced.  This is the best idea a video game company has had in years.  It's amazing.

2) Shovel Knight - I think this was my favorite game last year.  2-D, side-scrolling action.  It takes me back to the SNES days

3) Mario Kart 8 - Yes, it's more Mario Kart.  No, that isn't a bad thing.

4) Super Sm4sh Bros. - It's Smash.  Trust me.  It's fun.

5) Bayonetta 2 -  Holy Cow!  This is an action ride from A-Z  I dig it.  I really need to go back and play the first one.

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 11:47:04 pm »
Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2.  Literally the ONLY games I have played on my Wii U, also the only reason why I bought the system to begin with.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 02:16:22 pm »
Just an update about the Nintendo Land thing:

Nintendo sent me an email today giving me instructions on how to get the game back. So I'll be doing that tonight when I get home. Thanks Nintendo Customer Service!

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 02:22:54 pm »
Just an update about the Nintendo Land thing:

Nintendo sent me an email today giving me instructions on how to get the game back. So I'll be doing that tonight when I get home. Thanks Nintendo Customer Service!
Glad that worked out for you.

Usually there is an option in the settings to re-download past content.  I'm wondering if there is a different process for pre-loaded games.

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 09:14:29 pm »
I don't have a Wii U but I'd hope it'd be like the preloaded content on special 3DSes. You have to assign a Nintendo ID account to the 3DS and it'll connect that preloaded item to that account. You're welcome to delete it from there and can redownload from the eShop at any point afterwards.

It's more of an issue if you buy a used 3DS from someone who claims that they have games preloaded onto the system. If they still have their ID on there, it's possible that that preloaded game will disappear when you try to transfer or create a new ID for yourself on that machine.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

hellrider1988

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 09:39:09 am »
The list looks very much complete by now but I'd like to give LEGO City Undercover an honorable mention. When it comes to LEGO goes GTA it doesn't get any better. Guess all these Lego games aren't not as popular in NA then in Europe though...

Fast Racing Neo was a pleasant suprise when it comes to indie games. Really lived up to it's expectations and looks gorgeous.

stealthrush

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 02:32:13 am »
1. Pikmin 3
2. Bayonetta 2
3. The Wonderful 101
4. Rodea the Sky Soldier
5. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse