Author Topic: Final Smash Bros Presentation  (Read 2335 times)

Final Smash Bros Presentation
« on: December 15, 2015, 04:53:01 pm »
Starts in less than 10 minutes.  Signs seem to be pointing to Cloud releasing today among a couple other available goodies and I'm guessing we'll see what could be some of the last character DLC for the game would be coming off the character poll.  I really want it to be something like Shovel Knight, Banjo-Kazooie, and like Splatoon, but it's probably gonna just be more something like...Wolf, some other slight variation character that's popular, and like King K. Rool lol That's the boring choice for sure.

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:54:55 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: Final Smash Bros Presentation
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 04:56:39 pm »
Starts in less than 10 minutes.  Signs seem to be pointing to Cloud releasing today among a couple other available goodies and I'm guessing we'll see what could be some of the last character DLC for the game would be coming off the character poll.  I really want it to be something like Shovel Knight, Banjo-Kazooie, and like Splatoon, but it's probably gonna just be more something like...Wolf, some other slight variation character that's popular, and like King K. Rool lol That's the boring choice for sure.

I don't think Banjo-Kazooie is possible.

I hope it's a triple announcement to go out with a bang. Ice-Climbers perhaps, maybe a character from Splatoon and another third party character like Cloud and Ryu. That'd be awesome.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 04:59:01 pm »

I don't think Banjo-Kazooie is possible.

I hope it's a triple announcement to go out with a bang. Ice-Climbers perhaps, maybe a character from Splatoon and another third party character like Cloud and Ryu. That'd be awesome.

I know BK is unrealistic, but I gotta have like ONE completely unrealistic character dream lol

And the first new character reveal is an another Fire Emblem sword character that also has both gender versions...meh. Character is named Corrin and is from the new Fire Emblem.  Guess he seems okay since he has some more interesting abilities. February release, 5 bucks for him.

Clouds release is today sometime.  Guess that's not today then, but perhaps this month. Midgar stage has basically it's own unique items, materia summons that anyone can get and affect the stage. 6 bucks for him and the stage.

Geno from Super Mario RPG Mii costume for the gunner lol Also there won't be anymore mii fighter costumes after this.  Couple of oddball costumes from random games.  Tails and Knuckles costumes.

HOLY SHIT, Bayonetta is the final DLC character. Everything yes about this.  Both Bayo 1 and 2 costumes of course.  And she's getting her own stage of course, based on the falling clock tower scene.  Among realistic character possibilities, she was apparently the most worldwide requested character.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:21:59 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 05:21:10 pm »
Sakurai is lying. Its going to pretend to end and then suddenly come back with Ice Climbers....... I know it  :(

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 05:22:16 pm »
Sakurai is lying. Its going to pretend to end and then suddenly come back with Ice Climbers....... I know it  :(

Don't worry, they'll be in Smash 5 on the NX lol

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 05:33:38 pm »

Don't worry, they'll be in Smash 5 on the NX lol
They were so close to hitting my request of three fighters, so close.

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 05:34:13 pm »
Well that was all just one big surprise lol Bayonetta's release date was confirmed for February also, so two characters in the same month.  Quite the bang to go out on with Smash.  They also said that a retro Famicom color of ROB, Roy, and Ryu amiibo's will be out in March, with Corrin, Bayonetta, and Cloud getting their amiibo's later on.

hexen

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 07:21:12 pm »
Another Fire Emblem character... whoppee. Seriously, as soon as the direct started with Fire Emblem my hype died instantly. What a waste. I wish Sakurai would have at least payed lip service to the popular choices he snubbed. I would have been happy even with "I just hate K. Rool/Shovel Knight/Banjo-Kazooie/Isaac/Etc., and will never add them no matter how popular they are.", that would at least be some kind of closure. Beyonetta is a character I have long thought would be a good one, and while not my choice, I am happy enough with her. I am completely skeptical she is actually the ballot winner... I think "realizable" to Sakurai just means pulling out the ones he personally doesn't like.

I shouldn't be too negative, as Cloud and Beyonetta are cool, but the Corrin thing just really hangs a dark cloud over it for me. I wanted to see at least one of the popular fan votes make it in, but I should have guessed it was impossible with Sakurai.

Also, Geno costume... F you, Sakurai.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 07:23:49 pm »
I just wish they released the stats from the ballot.  I would've loved to see what the people voted from different regions and overall.

hexen

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 07:27:58 pm »
I just wish they released the stats from the ballot.  I would've loved to see what the people voted from different regions and overall.

I'm with you. I really wanna see the top 10 for USA/Japan/Europe. (But I bet they don't wanna reveal the characters that are not "realizable", because they will be popular ones.)
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 08:07:28 pm »
It's stupid that every Fire Emblem character in Smash 4 has down+b being a counter. That seems kinda lazy to me.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 08:36:37 pm »

I'm with you. I really wanna see the top 10 for USA/Japan/Europe. (But I bet they don't wanna reveal the characters that are not "realizable", because they will be popular ones.)
tbf, there were probably a lot of my little pony and hitler entries thanks to 4chan.

But I bet Shovel Knight had a shit ton of votes and he is already getting the amiibo treatment, it seems perfect to be honest.

spac316

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 09:32:22 pm »
I wasn't to thrilled with having another Fire Emblem Character, Corrin. Oh well... This marks the first time we get a Nintendo Smash character from a recent title, if I'm correct.

Downloaded Cloud and I like him. He's a fun character to play with.

And hell yes, BAYONETTA! The level she's in is how I envisioned it almost.

Nice touch with the Geno costume. Would've still like to have him as an official character...

Can't wait to get my hands on those Amiibos. Kind of surprised they are releasing the Famicom variant of ROB outside Japan. Great. Nintendo better not skimp on those. I have seen improvement from them though.

indenton

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 10:08:19 pm »
Another Fire Emblem character... whoppee. Seriously, as soon as the direct started with Fire Emblem my hype died instantly. What a waste. I wish Sakurai would have at least payed lip service to the popular choices he snubbed. I would have been happy even with "I just hate K. Rool/Shovel Knight/Banjo-Kazooie/Isaac/Etc., and will never add them no matter how popular they are.", that would at least be some kind of closure. Beyonetta is a character I have long thought would be a good one, and while not my choice, I am happy enough with her. I am completely skeptical she is actually the ballot winner... I think "realizable" to Sakurai just means pulling out the ones he personally doesn't like.

I shouldn't be too negative, as Cloud and Beyonetta are cool, but the Corrin thing just really hangs a dark cloud over it for me. I wanted to see at least one of the popular fan votes make it in, but I should have guessed it was impossible with Sakurai.

Also, Geno costume... F you, Sakurai.

Now Sakurai said that Bayonetta was one of the top choices in Europe & the Americas, no mention of Japans'.  I feel like a rep from Fire Emblem Fates like Kamui / Corrin was the top choice in Japan.  It just kind of sucks that the hype was begraded from Corrin somewhat since we don't have the game yet and don't know much about the character, unlike Robin & Lucina.  All in all, it does seem weird that Fire Emblem now has another rep.  But Sakurai has stated that he's a fan of the series.  Call it a marketing driven inclusion?  He still looks like completely original character. 

indenton

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 10:19:39 pm »
It's stupid that every Fire Emblem character in Smash 4 has down+b being a counter. That seems kinda lazy to me.

Fire Emblem seems to have a history with Smash Bros. with not providing enough resources for diverse move sets, which isn't really true when you look at all of the different classes.  Also Robin doesn't have a counter, Robin certain brought a breath of fresh air.  Then we have Lucina, I simply can't defend that.  I despise how Smash Bros. has over acknowledged the series to the point of giving Fire Emblem a bad image, it REALLY doesn't deserve it.  Just look at how people are reacting to Corrin.  It doesn't matter how much they fleshed Corrin out, it's another Fire Emblem character from the Ballot, it's a brand new game, so much so that this was the reveal of the characters English name.