Author Topic: Site is getting slower?  (Read 1285 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Site is getting slower?
« on: December 20, 2015, 04:40:37 pm »
Hey folks,

Is it just me, or is this site getting slower? I access the site from multiple locations using multiple devices, and it's pretty sluggish when accessing games or adding them to my collection. 

has anyone else experienced this?

thanks again,
Retro

jason

Re: Site is getting slower?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 05:49:03 pm »
Hi Retro,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to see if we can look into what may be causing the slowdown.

Kind Regards,

Jason

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 09:50:10 pm »
thanks for looking into that Jason...

Just as an example.. just a minute ago, I went to add the game "Nascar Challenge - GBC" to my collection.

So I did a search for the game... that only took a few seconds.

but when i click on the game in the results list... it took almost 10 seconds to load the game page.

- Retro

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:08:11 am »
It's very slow tonight. Taking me hours to catalog my collection.

I timed it with a stopwatch.  I tried to load this page. http://vgcollect.com/item/1090

It took 01:02:16 to fully load the page.  (That's 1 minute, 2 seconds, 16 milliseconds)

maximo310

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 02:26:52 am »
Yeah, it seems that there are certain times when navigating the site slows to a crawl. Today around 7:30pm was probably the slowest that I've seen since I joined the site, trying to access a game's page took as long as 2-3 minutes.

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 06:15:39 pm »
FYI - I just fixed an offending query that was taking upwards of 20 seconds to load item pages. The site should be noticeably faster now.