Author Topic: Mario Kart DS $10  (Read 1210 times)

Mario Kart DS $10
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:00:41 pm »
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod580399&categoryId=cat10006

I just received this and wow.. the condition is astonishing. This looks brand new, I don't see anything that makes me think this was ever used or opened. Even looking at the case and cartridge in the light there's absolutely no marks.

It arrived in an oversized box via UPS with bags of air in the box, the slip and the game. The game itself is in a tight Y-fold wrapping but not like a regular new copy of a game, it's like a thicker plastic that comes off easily and there's also a sticker saying it was refurbished on the plastic.

The case and cover are completely flawless. No marks or anything whatsoever.

All the manuals are included even though it says they aren't. It had the Club Nintendo voucher, Nintendo DS info, DS WiFi info and the full color Mario Kart DS instruction booklet.

The cartridge was flawless too and it started up as a brand new game with no previous data on it.

I've repeated myself a few times but it is truly crazy to me that this is a refurbished product. If it weren't for the sticker and different type of plastic used to seal it I would have no doubt that it was a brand new copy.

I've never owned this game and from the screenshots online the graphics don't look great but playing on an original 3DS they actually look qutie nice and smooth.

Oh and one other thing, it shows a red case on the website but I received the original black case.

Needless to say I highly recommend this and see no reason why should spend $15 more for the new copy.

desocietas

Re: Mario Kart DS $10
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 01:29:51 am »
Hm, I've been curious about purchasing items directly from Nintendo. Thanks so much for giving your feedback on packaging and the condition of the item. Will definitely look into their store more closely in the future.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

thomascozine

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 03:59:28 pm »
I bought my Wii U from Nintendo as refurbished and it's absolutely perfect. It did come in a different box. But it looked brand new. The only real downside was it didn't come with the charge base and extra stands. But, I was able to get those from Walmart a few days later for like $5. I highly recommend buying directly from Nintendo, refurbished or not.

vagrant13

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 01:16:21 pm »
Thanks!  Was just given a DS with no games and I love me some Mario Kart.