Author Topic: Show off those XMAS gifts!!! *2015 Edition*  (Read 8022 times)

Re: Show off those XMAS gifts!!! *2015 Edition*
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2015, 04:09:59 am »
No games for me. But I did get quite a bit of money; so I'm defenitely gonna get some stuff with that.
Ditto

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2015, 08:44:07 am »
I left out stuff. 

I also received Pandemic the board game, which we played like 4 times this past weekend.  Also received the Firefly Board Game expansion Kalidasa.  Might not play that at all until they release the Whole Damn Verse game mat.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2015, 12:44:04 pm »
I left out stuff. 

I also received Pandemic the board game, which we played like 4 times this past weekend.  Also received the Firefly Board Game expansion Kalidasa.  Might not play that at all until they release the Whole Damn Verse game mat.

Pandemic is a really good game as far as board games go.

I like co-op board games.

V.s. I tend too get too competitive.

gf78

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2015, 12:55:11 pm »
^^^ That's pretty cool indeed!

Our last couple of Christmas' things were tight. This Christmas we were able to go a little nuts. So we did.

PS4 with Uncharted Collection
Extra controller
Lego Jurassic World
Minecraft Story Mode
Dragon Age Inquisition
Final Fantasy Type-0 Collectors Edition
Little Big Planet 3

XBox One Tomb Raider Edition
Extra controller
Fallout 4

3DS Hyrule Gold Edition (for my wife)
Bravely Default (for my wife)
Legend of Zelda 3DS case (for my wife)
Legend of Zelda 3DS case (for me)

PS3
Final Fantasy X/X2 collectors edition

Thanks and btw, your Christmas haul is fantastic. 

Lately, I've really been into finding odd PlayStation-related merchandise that wasn't for sale or is rare.  I think I probably have one of the coolest collections of "20th Anniversary" merchandise around.  I'm particularly proud of strange things in my collection like a PlayStation CD with all kinds of alternative bands on it as well as the E3 1998, 1999 and 2000 artwork PC/Mac demo discs.  They were for the press and never sold.  Just got a "swag bag" of goodies I bought online with a PlayStation shopping bag and stuff from the 2015 PlayStation Experience such as the magazine, Drawn To Death post-it notes, lanyards, collectible cards, a t-shirt and a bunch of other stuff.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2015, 02:12:33 pm »
I left out stuff. 

Pandemic is a really good game as far as board games go.

I like co-op board games.

V.s. I tend too get too competitive.
It's good.  We are either playing the game wrong or the game is just ridiculously hard.  We played 4 times and I think we won once.  First time we ran out of cards, second time I think infections spread so hard we ran out of infection markers, third time the outbreak marker reached max.  We won the fourth time, but we were playing with 6 people (max is supposed to be 4) and we ended with the outbreak marker at one under the max, we were using 4 epidemic cards instead of 6, and we didn't cheat, but kind of cheated.  Right at the end, we knew we were in a scenario where we would likely fail, because the odds were stacked probability wise that we'd fail 3/5 of the time.  So we let the person undo a remove infection action and do a move action instead during their turn.  We made a decision, basically knocked it down to 2/5 probability we would fail, and decided what we would do and looked at the bottom card of the infection pile to see what the epidemic would cause, basically deciding right there, if it would cause the final outbreak we would quit playing before we draw the epidemic card, we were safe, and the way we would've played we would've remained safe, but I still count it as cheating.  We would've won without cheating, but I still think we must be playing wrong, because it's really really hard to win.

kashell

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 09:50:34 am »
Let's see...aside from some cash-money-honey and clothes, I got the following:

-Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
-Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
-Bloodborne
-Bloodborne Strategy Guide
-Until Dawn
-Heavy Rain DC
-Breath of Fire IV Strategy Guide (I now have guides for all of the BoFs!!)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:48:36 am by kashell »

gf78

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 10:13:46 am »

-Bloodborne
-Until Dawn
-Heavy Rain DC
-Breath of Fire IV Strategy Guide (I know have guides for all of the BoFs!!)

Very, very, very nice haul.  I have all those games and they are great.  I recently imported a copy of Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition from the UK because the Old Hunters DLC is bundled on the disc...and I despise DLC.  I also ordered the hardcover Old Hunters collector's guide through Amazon so I have a matching set.   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

kashell

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2015, 10:48:14 am »

-Bloodborne
-Until Dawn
-Heavy Rain DC

Very, very, very nice haul.  I have all those games and they are great.  I recently imported a copy of Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition from the UK because the Old Hunters DLC is bundled on the disc...and I despise DLC.  I also ordered the hardcover Old Hunters collector's guide through Amazon so I have a matching set.   ;D

Yeah, I'm stoked about the two FFs. I finished the first one and started the second one last night. It's already gearing up to be more scary than the first.

Am I missing out by playing the vanilla version of Bloodborne? I haven't started it yet.

tpugmire

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2015, 11:33:46 am »
We don't really do presents for the adults in our family, just kids. My parents did give my wife and I $600, so we bought a freezer. We are each going to spend $50 on whatever we want, and the rest is being put away to go towards finishing the back yard.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

gf78

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 06:24:55 am »

-Bloodborne
-Until Dawn
-Heavy Rain DC

Yeah, I'm stoked about the two FFs. I finished the first one and started the second one last night. It's already gearing up to be more scary than the first.

Am I missing out by playing the vanilla version of Bloodborne? I haven't started it yet.

Not at all. The Old Hunters expansion just adds more to it. You can download it fairly cheap, I'm just anal retentive and hate DLC. Especially when it's an expansion that is fairly significant.

kashell

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 08:46:52 am »
That's great to hear. I'm the same way about DLC. Heck, I'm the same way about digital only titles. Eff that noise.

gf78

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2015, 09:21:45 am »
That's great to hear. I'm the same way about DLC. Heck, I'm the same way about digital only titles. Eff that noise.

LOL...me too.  If it's free from PS+ I'll download them, sure.  But I'm not spending more than two bucks on something I can only download.   >:(  That being said, if you are interested in the Old Hunters expansion, you can pick up a GoTY copy from China or Europe and they play just fine, in English on NTSC systems.  Though expect the normal higher price that usually goes along with importing a game.

And one final thing, I see you have the Bloodborne Collector's Guide in your collection.  I would recommend picking up the Old Hunters hardcover guide while you can.  It's reasonably priced and high quality.  It will match your other guide perfectly.

kashell

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2015, 09:39:30 am »

LOL...me too.  If it's free from PS+ I'll download them, sure.  But I'm not spending more than two bucks on something I can only download.   >:(  That being said, if you are interested in the Old Hunters expansion, you can pick up a GoTY copy from China or Europe and they play just fine, in English on NTSC systems.  Though expect the normal higher price that usually goes along with importing a game.

And one final thing, I see you have the Bloodborne Collector's Guide in your collection.  I would recommend picking up the Old Hunters hardcover guide while you can.  It's reasonably priced and high quality.  It will match your other guide perfectly.

Thanks, I'll start hunting (ZING!!) for one. My only problem is that Future Press makes these things almost -too- useful. As a result, they're massive tomes that take up more space on the shelf.

gf78

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 01:13:07 pm »
Thanks, I'll start hunting (ZING!!) for one. My only problem is that Future Press makes these things almost -too- useful. As a result, they're massive tomes that take up more space on the shelf.

The Old Hunters guide is nowhere near as thick as the original Bloodborne guide.  Probably about a third I would guess. 

doafan

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2015, 01:30:42 pm »
Definitely not gonna show my gifts cause there were no games again guess Santa is mad with me or am older enough to get not what I want so he send me what I need, received a package of 12 pairs of socks, a package of 7 t-shirts, one shirt and one pant and a pair of boots which am gonna wear this 31 of December  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy