Author Topic: Looking for old Game Informer issues  (Read 3134 times)

gf78

Looking for old Game Informer issues
« on: December 28, 2015, 01:39:04 pm »
Hey all, I'm on the lookout for back issues of Game Informer.  Specifically, I'm looking for issues between 20-140.

I've been slowly picking back issues up for between $1-$2 each and would be willing to pay this amount plus shipping of course.  If any of my fellow VGCers have any issues-especially runs of issues, please let me know.  Thank you all.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Looking for old Game Informer issues
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 11:31:22 pm »
Hey all, I'm on the lookout for back issues of Game Informer.  Specifically, I'm looking for issues between 20-140.

I've been slowly picking back issues up for between $1-$2 each and would be willing to pay this amount plus shipping of course.  If any of my fellow VGCers have any issues-especially runs of issues, please let me know.  Thank you all.

Gf - if you end up with dupes you want to get rid of let me know. :)

gf78

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 06:48:27 am »

Gf - if you end up with dupes you want to get rid of let me know. :)

Not a problem bud, will do!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

soera

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 11:10:30 am »
Half price books end up with a lot of those.

gf78

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 11:15:31 am »

Is that an online site?  How much do they sell them for?

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 11:16:20 am »

It's a chain.  Generally double MSRP.

gf78

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 11:21:59 am »

I'll check it out, but if they charge double it doesn't sound promising.  I can order back issues directly from Game Informer for $7.95 shipped.  I would pay $1-$2 for an issue which is fair, especially since most of them are subscription issues that cost less than a buck a piece to whoever had the subscription.  Even less is you take into account the 10% off used stuff you get when you subscribe. 

The last issues I picked up was a complete run of 141-151, perfect since my main collection starts at 152.   ;D  Got those for $18 shipped which ends up being about $1.64 per issue.  I'm watching some other auctions and talking with the sellers since they are just huge lots with random, small runs in them.  They are willing to break them up and if I can get them for about the same as the run I just bought, I will go that route to fill in some back issues.

And I just have to point out how ridiculous it is, seeing individual issues for sale for $25 plus shipping.  Yeah....don't think they are going to sell many of those.  I could see if it's the first issue of a long-running publication, but some random issue with WWE on the cover?  Hah!   ???
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:25:19 am by gf78 »

soera

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 11:25:22 am »
Every issue of Game informer my local chain gets is sold for 99 cents. They have 2 cubicles full of them usually.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 11:26:27 am »

I'll check it out, but if they charge double it doesn't sound promising.  I can order back issues directly from Game Informer for $7.95 shipped.  I would pay $1-$2 for an issue which is fair, especially since most of them are subscription issues that cost less than a buck a piece to whoever had the subscription.  Even less is you take into account the 10% off used stuff you get when you subscribe. 

The last issues I picked up was a complete run of 141-151, perfect since my main collection starts at 152.   ;D  Got those for $18 shipped which ends up being about $1.64 per issue.  I'm watching some other auctions and talking with the sellers since they are just huge lots with random, small runs in them.  They are willing to break them up and if I can get them for about the same as the run I just bought, I will go that route to fill in some back issues.

And I just have to point out how ridiculous it is, seeing individual issues for sale for $25 plus shipping.  Yeah....don't think they are going to sell many of those.  I could see if it's the first issue of a long-running publication, but some random issue with WWE on the cover?  Hah!   ???
Probably $3-5 an issue.  The more "enterprising" locations might charge upwards of $7.

My wife would love it if I got rid of all of my Game Informers, but she'd probably settle with me getting rid of doubles.  I'll take a look.  I'd do $1 ea + shipping.  Media mail should be cheap.

I think I have every issue from like 98 forward.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:29:29 am by ctracy87 »

gf78

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 11:28:31 am »

Probably $3-5 an issue.  The more "enterprising" locations might charge upwards of $7.

I assume you can order online from them?  I'll check it out.  It's something to keep in the back of my mind for when you are only missing one or two random issues.  I'm willing to spend a bit more to fill in the gaps near the end.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 11:31:24 am »

I assume you can order online from them?  I'll check it out.  It's something to keep in the back of my mind for when you are only missing one or two random issues.  I'm willing to spend a bit more to fill in the gaps near the end.
I don't think they sell books online, brick and mortar only.  Even if they do have an online store, I somehow doubt they sell old magazines online.

gf78

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 11:54:23 am »

My wife would love it if I got rid of all of my Game Informers, but she'd probably settle with me getting rid of doubles.  I'll take a look.  I'd do $1 ea + shipping.  Media mail should be cheap.

I think I have every issue from like 98 forward.

I need 98 through 140 at the moment (going by your run starting at 98).  If you want to part with those, let me know.  I've got the money right now and can pay you by Paypal or money order, whatever you prefer.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 10:36:37 pm »
I have a run from #189-#239 (with a few holes in the run here or there).

Do you need any of those?

I need to point out that I tried to rip the address labels off of them and it left a little of the labels behind.

gf78

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 11:53:22 pm »
I have a run from #189-#239 (with a few holes in the run here or there).

Do you need any of those?

I need to point out that I tried to rip the address labels off of them and it left a little of the labels behind.

Thanks bud, but I've got a complete run from 141 to current with many of the variants.

gf78

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 01:41:51 pm »
Currently looking for the following issues:

90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
103, 107, 112, 113, 116, 120, 122, 125, 133, 139