Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge *2016*  (Read 69585 times)

maximo310

Re: 52 Games Challenge *2016*
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2016, 02:03:46 am »
15. Fire Emblem Fates (3DS)- Chp.17 Birthright/Chp. 10 Conquest- Conquest Chp.10 has me stuck right now; ugh this map.

18. Tokyo Beat Down (DS) Completed- I picked this game for cheap, and even though its a pretty clunky beat em up for the most part, the script is hilarious, and the main character's name is Lewis Canoon (loose cannon haha). This feels like a good stress reliever compared to FE Conquest right now. 6.5/10

19.  Bayonetta 1 ( Wii U) Chp. 2- Didn't get to play too much of this, but this game is fantastic so far. It defenitely looks similiar to the X360 version with better textures/framerate, and although it seems that the color palette is a bit too subdued at times, the gameplay, script, music, and art style totally make up for that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:30:21 pm by maximo310 »

« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2016, 09:07:25 am »
Sitting at 33 beat out of 42 played.

I might try to sit down and play Tales of the Borderlands again, or maybe I'll start up -KLAUS-... more likely, I'll do the same thing with Rock of Ages and just play some random XBLA game while watching Arrow... maybe I'll play Fire Emblem.

kashell

« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2016, 09:08:51 am »
I think I caught Kirby fever. I went to a friend's house yesterday and we replayed my copy Kirby's Epic Yarn.

When it was first released, the guy I was seeing at the time (also a gamer) and I finished the entire game from start to finish. I'm not sure why I waited so long to not only purchase it, but also give it a proper review. It will be posted soon.

abe

« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2016, 09:28:35 am »
I think I caught Kirby fever.

Me too. Four of the ten games I've finished so far this year are Kirby games. :o
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2016, 09:30:22 am »

Me too. Four of the ten games I've finished so far this year are Kirby games. :o

Are you going to get Robo-Kirby? It looks just as adorable as the others.

abe

« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2016, 09:39:19 am »

Probably, which means I'll need the Amiibo too. The Waddle Dee Amiibo is too cute not to buy. :-[

How about you?

kashell

« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2016, 09:56:19 am »

Probably, which means I'll need the Amiibo too. The Waddle Dee Amiibo is too cute not to buy. :-[

How about you?

Absolutely. I remember a Christmas YEARS ago when my brother got Kirby's Dream Land for the Game Boy Cinderblock and I got...something else for it. I can't recall. Either way, we traded and my love for Kirby began.

I doubt I'll drink the Amiibo Kool-Aid (even if they are cute enough to make my heart melt) but I'm really glad to see that Kirby is getting another traditional game on the 3DS. He's like the Nintendo guinea pig.

« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2016, 10:16:44 am »
Sitting at 33 beat out of 42 played.

I might try to sit down and play Tales of the Borderlands again, or maybe I'll start up -KLAUS-... more likely, I'll do the same thing with Rock of Ages and just play some random XBLA game while watching Arrow... maybe I'll play Fire Emblem.
Spoke too soon.  Automatron releases tomorrow, so Fallout 4 will likely eat up my time for the next week or so.

« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2016, 10:41:58 pm »
14 - Guitar Hero Live (PC) -  FINISHED/PLAYING - Finally got this on a good sale that made me feel comfortable to pick it up and I'm glad I waited for it to get cheap.  This is easily the worst songlist in all of the main releases for the series.  Downright garbage at times with very few high points. It's saving grace is the new gameplay.  I had to basically unlearn 10 years of GH playing to then start learning the new mechanics.  It's much more varied now and it's forced me into the "Hard" difficulty, rather than my usual "Expert" from before.  The live action stuff is fine, but mostly a waste, especially since we lose having a customizable band.  It basically loses any charm or humor because of this. I'm done with the main solo play and just have online stuff to do now with GHTV, which I haven't done much with yet.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:15:24 am by kamikazekeeg »

PlayerC90

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2016, 09:01:53 am »
Original post: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6762.msg111013.html#msg111013

17. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth [PS4]: 4/5, 97 hours and 34 minutes
Really fun jRPG, especially in its second half. Some of the translation errors are unfortunate, but hey, I'm glad we got this game at all. Collected all trophies.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:34:12 am by PlayerC90 »

kashell

« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2016, 08:39:00 pm »
My Kirby kick continues. I finished Nightmare in Dream Land and Kirby Pinball. I don't think you can actually "beat" KP, but I kicked some serious puff with a high score to prove it. ^.^

abe

« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2016, 01:12:43 am »
Finished FE Fates: Birthright, and now all that's left is Revelation and I'll be done with the game for quite a while. Birthright is a lot more forgiving and a lot less of a challenge than Conquest was. Having played two of the three paths, I really don't think that they needed to be separate releases. There are maps that are reused between paths, and the paths are structured similarly enough to one another that once you've played one path the other will be fairly predictable. While Birthright may have been much less frustrating, I enjoyed Conquest more.

Finished Games (replayed games are in purple)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) Jan-17
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA) Jan-31
  • Hoshi no Kirby 2 (GB) [JP] Feb-07
  • Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) Feb-09
  • Hoshi no Kirby (GB) [JP] Feb-16
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) Feb-16
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (3DS) Mar-01
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (WiiU) Mar-11
  • Pikmin 3 (WiiU) Mar-13
  • Hoshi no Kirby 64 (N64) [JP] Mar-17
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS) Mar-26 **New**

maximo310

« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2016, 01:23:59 am »
Finished FE Fates: Birthright, and now all that's left is Revelation and I'll be done with the game for quite a while. Birthright is a lot more forgiving and a lot less of a challenge than Conquest was. Having played two of the three paths, I really don't think that they needed to be separate releases. There are maps that are reused between paths, and the paths are structured similarly enough to one another that once you've played one path the other will be fairly predictable. While Birthright may have been much less frustrating, I enjoyed Conquest more.

• Pikmin 3 (WiiU) Mar-13
What difficulty did you play on in FE Conquest? I'm still stuck on Chp. 10 on my Hard Classic run.

abe

« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2016, 09:05:17 am »

• Pikmin 3 (WiiU) Mar-13
What difficulty did you play on in FE Conquest? I'm still stuck on Chp. 10 on my Hard Classic run.

Normal Classic for both paths so far, though I think playing Birthright on Hard is probably closer to the difficulty of Conquest on Normal. Birthright was almost too easy.

maximo310

« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2016, 03:01:03 pm »

• Pikmin 3 (WiiU) Mar-13

Normal Classic for both paths so far, though I think playing Birthright on Hard is probably closer to the difficulty of Conquest on Normal. Birthright was almost too easy.
Ah, I see. Birthright on Hard is still pretty easy, so I think you'd have to crank up the difficulty to Lunatic to get some challenge out of Birthright. However, I can safely say that Conquest Hard is probably one the most difficult playthroughs for a normal difficulty FE game, just due to limited options in leveling, enemy stats, and the necessity of good strats to get good rewards ( like the 10,000g for saving 3/5 villages in Chp.8). I've debated trying Hard Casual for Conquest just to see if I can make better progress for the time being.