Author Topic: January 2016 Pickups and Finds  (Read 24903 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2016 Pickups and Finds
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2016, 12:29:20 am »
Further proof that I'm not serious collector! Earthbound, a reproduction copy. DUN DUN DUN... Blasphemyyyyyy!

I've also decided to go the repro route. Prices on the stuff I have left has just gotten too crazy!

I do not get why people buy repro carts of already released games.

I do get it saves allot of money but why buy 1 repro cart while you could buy an everdrive orso and be done in one shot for every game for that console (all imports exclusives included). Since you could just dowload all games to the cart of your liking. I do not get this, if your all about playing the game and don't give a damm about the original anyways you should go for the cheapest option.

You could even emulate it for free and play it on original hardware if you know what to do.

I do get it why they do this with antiques etc but if most people just buy a repro to play a game they should go for a cart in wich you can download all games.

If your going for the repro route just emulate your stuff, reproductions are really a piece of work for collectors since people can fake the original and abuse this aside it being a waste of money since there are so many other alternatives to save way more money than buying one repro cart after another for the expensive games.

Repros will usually work in clone systems. Everdrives are hit and miss with clones.

As a collector I like having a physical copy of the game. It's becoming less important to me where that physical copy comes from.

Also most repro makers know it's bad karma to try to pass a repro off as legit. So they clearly mark their repros as such.

sworddude

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2016, 02:50:33 am »
Further proof that I'm not serious collector! Earthbound, a reproduction copy. DUN DUN DUN... Blasphemyyyyyy!

I've also decided to go the repro route. Prices on the stuff I have left has just gotten too crazy!

I do get it saves allot of money but why buy 1 repro cart while you could buy an everdrive orso and be done in one shot for every game for that console (all imports exclusives included). Since you could just dowload all games to the cart of your liking. I do not get this, if your all about playing the game and don't give a damm about the original anyways you should go for the cheapest option.

You could even emulate it for free and play it on original hardware if you know what to do.

I do get it why they do this with antiques etc but if most people just buy a repro to play a game they should go for a cart in wich you can download all games.

If your going for the repro route just emulate your stuff, reproductions are really a piece of work for collectors since people can fake the original and abuse this aside it being a waste of money since there are so many other alternatives to save way more money than buying one repro cart after another for the expensive games.

Repros will usually work in clone systems. Everdrives are hit and miss with clones.

As a collector I like having a physical copy of the game. It's becoming less important to me where that physical copy comes from.

Also most repro makers know it's bad karma to try to pass a repro off as legit. So they clearly mark their repros as such.

Why would you want to play your snes games on a clone system?

Also I do know there are repro's that can be easily checked since they left some things on purpose but there are plenty of people who still abuse this.

And what about people who just want to play the game? A repro is not the way to go if that's the case in my opinion and many people buy a repro because of this reason.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:53:04 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:09 am »
The Retro Duo Portable is a great way to play SNES games from the carts on the go.

The Super Retro Trio does a decent job of being an all in one and conserving space.

not everyone likes the same stuff the same way. :)

Back on topic though.

I grabbed Resident Evil Origins for $2 from Best Buy today.

I apparently racked up $30 in reward certificates from my Christmas purchases and REO was on sale for $32. So $2 bucks outta pocket!

Woo hoooo!

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2016, 07:55:16 am »
I picked up Doom 64, Quake 2 on the 64, Star Wars Shadow of the Empire, and Wolfenstein 3d on the Jaguar.

Busy Busy....

Trying to finalize a copy of Turok 3 and Crusin' World today

« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2016, 08:56:40 am »
The Retro Duo Portable is a great way to play SNES games from the carts on the go.

The Super Retro Trio does a decent job of being an all in one and conserving space.

Back on topic though.

I apparently racked up $30 in reward certificates from my Christmas purchases and REO was on sale for $32. So $2 bucks outta pocket!

Woo hoooo!
You sure you aren't just GCU.  $32 is the GCU price.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2016, 11:10:13 am »
What is GCU?

Flashback2012

« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2016, 11:15:36 am »
What is GCU?

Gamers Club Unlocked. Not sure if it's their smartest move but it's certainly increased my Best Buy shopping exponentially.

Warmsignal

« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2016, 12:26:18 pm »

Back on topic though.

Woo hoooo!

Thanks Dash.

I didn't really wanna get into the whole thing here, but the short of it is - A) I'm eeevil and B) I like my hard copies of games. This is why I don't care for compilations, official or not. There's no satisfaction in ownership that way. I'd rather have each of the individual copies. As for as everdrives, I have no interest in having every game ever made. There's only a limited number of games I actually want.

« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2016, 03:59:38 pm »
Picked up these from an indoor flea market
Kirby Canvas Curse cib ds 5$
Pokemon Trozei cib ds 5$
Wario Ware Touched cib ds 5$

retrogemcollector

« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2016, 04:22:24 pm »

« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2016, 05:59:05 pm »
Got myself a PS4, BF4 (for PS4), Dukes of Hazzard Racing for Home, and a copy of Duke Nukem 3D for the PC.

Apparently I got a box variant because I got it at Costco...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:07:17 pm by scarface88fg »

spac316

« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2016, 09:22:21 pm »
Today I bought GTA2 for Dreamcast, Sonic 3D Blast for Saturn, Zaxxon's Mother Base 2000(box and game no book) for 32X, Zack & Wiki for Wii and Ninja Gaiden 3 for NES.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2016, 10:21:05 pm »
I rarely come across SNES games anymore, at least ones that are good. But today, I got all 3 of these for only $26 at a local shop! Very happy!

Warmsignal

« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2016, 01:41:24 am »
Magic Sword?! That game is on my top ten hit list.

theflea

« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2016, 07:51:43 am »

Why would you want to play your snes games on a clone system?

Also I do know there are repro's that can be easily checked since they left some things on purpose but there are plenty of people who still abuse this.

And what about people who just want to play the game? A repro is not the way to go if that's the case in my opinion and many people buy a repro because of this reason.

I don't care that someone wants to buy a reproduction game, the one issue I have with this game is it looks like the original. While you might not ever try and pass it off as an original who's to say one day you sell it and the next guy.  I personally hate people who sell reproduction games and they look exactly like the original.
I also agree if your going the repro route to save money and just play the game you might as well emulate.
"Happy game hunting!!!"