Author Topic: January 2016 Pickups and Finds  (Read 23771 times)

GrooDWanderer

Re: January 2016 Pickups and Finds
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 11:23:56 pm »
Took my son to spend his Christmas money at Gamestop ( he ended up getting a Minecraft Diamond Sword ) and I picked up several PS3 games for myself.

Disgaea 4 : A Promise Unforgotten
Conflict:Denied Ops
Record of Agarest War Zero
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 10:27:56 am »
I bought a sealed copy of Bayonetta 2 for the WiiU because I'm a moron.  It was $35 worth of good trade bait, I hope.

gf78

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 01:31:25 pm »
I bought a sealed copy of Bayonetta 2 for the WiiU because I'm a moron.  It was $35 worth of good trade bait, I hope.

Prices are rising on Bayonetta 2, especially if it's the two-disc version with the original Bayonetta. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 03:46:00 pm »
I dont really go hunting anymore. But today I ended up in Goodwill rummaging through their CDs. Been trying to find all the 90's alternative/grunge music I like. Found a Bush CD then I saw it. Shenmue. I was like wtf ... really? I picked it up and it was all there. All 3 CDs, manual, CD insert, passport and passport CD. $2.65 later, I own it (And the Bush CD was only a $1). :)

gf78

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 03:58:20 pm »
I dont really go hunting anymore. But today I ended up in Goodwill rummaging through their CDs. Been trying to find all the 90's alternative/grunge music I like. Found a Bush CD then I saw it. Shenmue. I was like wtf ... really? I picked it up and it was all there. All 3 CDs, manual, CD insert, passport and passport CD. $2.65 later, I own it (And the Bush CD was only a $1). :)

Sweet, sweet pickup for $2.65.  I love those rare times when you come across a really good or sought after game and it's dirt cheap.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:01 pm »

Well done!  Finds are still out there.  Keep digging!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 04:43:50 pm »
Goodwill seems to be one of the few places you really can "hunt" anymore. Everyone else just runs to eBay for pricing. And for the more well-known pricey items, so does Goodwill even.

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 05:05:46 pm »
Goodwill seems to be one of the few places you really can "hunt" anymore. Everyone else just runs to eBay for pricing. And for the more well-known pricey items, so does Goodwill even.

I know there are a few decent Goodwill stores out there that will still price all their games low. Too bad none of them are near me; all the Goodwill stores have been completely pointless to go for probably the past 3-years in the Denver area. They either throw all their games on shopgoodwill.com or throw prices on them that rival all the local game stores. I decided a long time ago it wasn't worth my time to even look there anymore. Sure, I bet stuff slips through the cracks, but it doesn't make sense for me to go there several times a wee for months in order to catch them slipping. I have unofficially retired from hunting, which is sad because it used to be so much fun.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 06:50:24 pm »
Finally got my Link Amiibo! Only took a week and a half!

Also ordered a new ps3 controller cable. My other 2 are junk...... I also need some new dualshock 3 controllers, but damn, they still pricey!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 05:49:01 pm »
Had to get this since it seems it might not come out in the U.S. Good thing I bought it last week cause the price just went up by $14.

As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

Warmsignal

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 06:18:18 pm »
For the first time in a while I decided to go hunting some games. Came back with Shadow Madness and Dragon Power.

gf78

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 10:12:39 am »
I know there are a few decent Goodwill stores out there that will still price all their games low. Too bad none of them are near me; all the Goodwill stores have been completely pointless to go for probably the past 3-years in the Denver area. They either throw all their games on shopgoodwill.com or throw prices on them that rival all the local game stores. I decided a long time ago it wasn't worth my time to even look there anymore. Sure, I bet stuff slips through the cracks, but it doesn't make sense for me to go there several times a wee for months in order to catch them slipping. I have unofficially retired from hunting, which is sad because it used to be so much fun.

Ah...you can't give up the hunt completely! 

gf78

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 10:15:15 am »
I've been on a kick, buying PlayStation demos.  I managed to snag the Interactive Sampler Discs for the original PlayStation from 1-9 minus 3 which I already owned.  Also picked up the purple cover "PlayStation Picks" demo disc.  Also got a copy of 3Xtreme for the PS1 thrown in with the demos, complete.  Ended my little spree with the Heavenly Sword Animated Blu-Ray. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:17:40 am by gf78 »

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 07:34:43 pm »
Never expected to find this little figure out in the wild, I've only ever known of it on Amazon at pretty high prices, but came across one along with a skyward sword one (Almost the same one you find in the little random egg toys you can get at Gamestop, but maybe slightly better looking).  Another one for the growing Zelda collection.

Also I put a Shovel Knight Amiibo on hold at Gamestop to grab tomorrow.  While Yacht Club said these shouldn't be hard to find, Gamestop only got 3, with the one inside the mall getting 4.  Pretty small selection if you plan to just grab one tomorrow.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 11:51:52 pm »
I've been on a kick, buying PlayStation demos.  I managed to snag the Interactive Sampler Discs for the original PlayStation from 1-9 minus 3 which I already owned.  Also picked up the purple cover "PlayStation Picks" demo disc.  Also got a copy of 3Xtreme for the PS1 thrown in with the demos, complete.  Ended my little spree with the Heavenly Sword Animated Blu-Ray.

The ESPN demo on the PlayStation Picks sampler is a pretty decent diversion. So is Jumping Flash.