Author Topic: January 2016 Pickups and Finds  (Read 23764 times)

Flashback2012

January 2016 Pickups and Finds
« on: January 01, 2016, 02:49:55 pm »
New Year...new Pickups!  ;D  ;D  ;D

I got dragged out to breakfast/lunch this morning after only 4 hours of sleep ( :P ) and afterwards we hit up Target. Nothing decent clearance wise but I found a stray pack of Disney Infinity 2.0 Power Discs (Marvel) on a shelf and decided to scan them. They scanned at $1.50/pack. I moseyed over to the Infinity section and found 11 more packs and grabbed them all. I had 8 packs worth of unique discs and 4 packs worth of doubles.  :P

Most places are closed today so that limits our ability to gallivant around (and the places that are open have Sunday hours  :-\ ).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2016 Pickups and Finds
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:45:46 pm »

I have a bunch of games to add to this thread when they all arrive in the mail (thanks to some Christmas cash!).

But I had to share this guy, separately, just because it's such a cool little find.

Neat little promotional comic that's perfect for a retro-gamer and comic collector like myself. Lots of ads for other Nintendo-themed comics too like Captain N and Legend of Zelda.

It's well made. It feels like a Baxter edition from the 80s.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 07:32:22 pm »
That's a pretty swell find!

gf78

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 08:00:24 pm »

I have a bunch of games to add to this thread when they all arrive in the mail (thanks to some Christmas cash!).

But I had to share this guy, separately, just because it's such a cool little find.

Neat little promotional comic that's perfect for a retro-gamer and comic collector like myself. Lots of ads for other Nintendo-themed comics too like Captain N and Legend of Zelda.

Awesome find. So it's on that paper like the original jumbo G.I. JOE Treasury Editions?  Sweet.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 08:02:03 pm »
Picked up a copy of Coolboarders for the PlayStation, complete. Also bought a PlayStation music CD, which is my second one. Also bought a ton of old Game Informers dirt cheap. Picked up a run of #104 through #140, just missing about six random issues scattered through that.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 08:03:35 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

spac316

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 08:23:38 pm »
First pick up of the year. Zelda: Tri Force Heroes for 3DS and the Lottie Amiibo.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 08:59:41 pm »
Got a Turtle Beach Earforce NLa Wii U Stereo Gaming Headset pricematch for $15 at walmart

Also got a new TV stand

EDIT: Damnit should of Price matched Gamestop not Amazon.
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-wii-u-ear-force-nla-gaming-headset/104720
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:02:45 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 09:42:42 pm »
It's been my Nintendo month, a bunch of amiibos, splatoon, Mario Maker finally got Bayonetta 2 for my birthday, damn game has gone up so much going to a used game store tomorrow to find Super Luigi U, and Captain toad

Flashback2012

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 02:56:46 am »
I decided to splurge a bit yesterday on some items I found at a Best Buy on the West end of town.

3DS
Stella Glow - Launch Edition

PC
Fallout 4 - Pip Boy Edition  ;D

Vita
Corpse Party: Blood Drive - EverAfter Edition

I need to put a moratorium on buying anything else gaming related this month.  :P

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 06:02:39 am »
I've got a few games from a thrift shop :

Xbox 360
Halo Reach
Halo 4 (it's the steelbook from the Limited Edition but sadly without any of the other stuff)
Silent Hill Homecoming
Driver San Francisco

Xbox
Star Trek Shattered Universe

PS2
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3
Hitman Trilogy

Game Boy
Alien 3 (loose)

Game Boy Color
Beauty and the Beast (loose)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:16:30 am by metshael »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 12:16:10 pm »

Awesome find. So it's on that paper like the original jumbo G.I. JOE Treasury Editions?  Sweet.

No, not oversized (though it is slightly larger than your normal modern comic, more like a Silver Age issue). Baxter editions were an experiment comics did in the early 80s when Direct Edition was coming out. It was higher-quality paper-stock, higher-quality covers, and more vibrant colors and ink. It's a shame they didn't stick with it. But people liked their comics cheaper, rather than higher-quality, so it only really stuck around for a few years.

This is feels very similar to that, but was in the early 90s.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 08:36:41 pm »

My Game Boy Light came in.

spac316

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 09:36:52 pm »
Just got Trick Shooting for NES and Legends of Wrestling II for XBox.

telly

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 10:56:24 pm »
Hulk Hogan's dark green eyes are peering deep into my soul..

Also dashv sent me Super Mario World! Because he's very generous and awesome.  :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 11:15:46 pm »

My Game Boy Light came in.

That's pretty sweet!

My Super Back to the Future 2 English translation that I ordered back in mid-December finally arrived!