Author Topic: January 2016 Pickups and Finds  (Read 24897 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2016 Pickups and Finds
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2016, 08:50:20 pm »
The first one it's not precisely a purchase cause this past Saturday have renewed my Xbox Live subscription and they gave me the Dirt: Showdown so today and because I totally forgot to add it to the list this past Monday am posting it today also have purchased the Legacy costume for Tina and the Sexy Tropical costume for Kasumi, know it's harder to perform the combos cause of the two big distractions but I'll eventually manage it  ;D

holy cow Kasumi's breasts are huge in that costume.

Warmsignal

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2016, 09:54:58 pm »
Surprised to see anything new at all on the Vita when I was out today. Grabbed this one.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:57:36 pm by Warmsignal »

retrogemcollector

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2016, 04:56:40 am »
I love phantom dust…

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2016, 10:48:51 am »
Theflea has many alts. Don't be fooled.  :P

*Walks into courtroom*

*Places hand on Bible*

I do solemnly swear that I am not TheFlea under another username...

LOL

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2016, 11:02:45 am »
The first one it's not precisely a purchase cause this past Saturday have renewed my Xbox Live subscription and they gave me the Dirt: Showdown so today and because I totally forgot to add it to the list this past Monday am posting it today also have purchased the Legacy costume for Tina and the Sexy Tropical costume for Kasumi, know it's harder to perform the combos cause of the two big distractions but I'll eventually manage it  ;D

It's a DOA game, I'd be more surprised if they weren't.

doafan

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2016, 11:42:44 am »

Trust me when I say that you definitely need to see them in action and just for this one have unlocked the OMG Breast Motion  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

argyle

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 12:32:27 pm »
Found a complete / mint copy of Super Mario All-Stars LE for the Wii last night at a local GS. I pounced on it. :)  Also, I'm good friends w/ the manager of my nearest GS & he got a store about 150 miles away to transfer their complete / mint copy of Bayonetta 2 down. It's going to be a b-day gift for a friend who missed out on it. Was the only copy showing in their inventory system in a 100 mile radius.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Warmsignal

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2016, 02:23:40 pm »
Found a complete / mint copy of Super Mario All-Stars LE for the Wii last night at a local GS. I pounced on it. :)  Also, I'm good friends w/ the manager of my nearest GS & he got a store about 150 miles away to transfer their complete / mint copy of Bayonetta 2 down. It's going to be a b-day gift for a friend who missed out on it. Was the only copy showing in their inventory system in a 100 mile radius.

I remember the scramble to get those All-Stars LEs when they first came out. I was going to get it as a Xmas present that year. I pointed it out in the store to my family and then they secretly grabbed the wrong Mario game, I found out right away but the store sold out before we could go back and trade it. :P  Luckily, Best Buy still had them online so I managed one from there. Evidently people still covet them. It's a cool LE and I like the soundtrack, but will always prefer the originals over the All-Stars versions.

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2016, 02:31:10 pm »

I remember the scramble to get those All-Stars LEs when they first came out. I was going to get it as a Xmas present that year. I pointed it out in the store to my family and then they secretly grabbed the wrong Mario game, I found out right away but the store sold out before we could go back and trade it. :P  Luckily, Best Buy still had them online so I managed one from there. Evidently people still covet them. It's a cool LE and I like the soundtrack, but will always prefer the originals over the All-Stars versions.
Don't get me wrong, I bought that game day one, probably because my wife made me... but I was super disappointed with this game.  The original All-Stars updated the visuals of all of the games from 8-bit to 16-bit, and when they re-released All-stars with Super Mario World, they even updated the sprites in SMW for Luigi to further differentiate the characters.  I loved that, they weren't lazy one bit and it turned out fantastic.  This Wii release... it's literally an emulation of the original SNES ROM.

Also, my personal copy of All-stars was received through that deal where you sent Nintendo your proof of purchase of a SNES and $3.50 for S/H and they sent you a copy in the mail.  Which, as a child, I thought was ridiculously awesome.

maximo310

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 02:36:16 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I bought that game day one, probably because my wife made me... but I was super disappointed with this game.  The original All-Stars updated the visuals of all of the games from 8-bit to 16-bit, and when they re-released All-stars with Super Mario World, they even updated the sprites in SMW for Luigi to further differentiate the characters.  I loved that, they weren't lazy one bit and it turned out fantastic.  This Wii release... it's literally an emulation of the original SNES ROM.

Also, my personal copy of All-stars was received through that deal where you sent Nintendo your proof of purchase of a SNES and $3.50 for S/H and they sent you a copy in the mail.  Which, as a child, I thought was ridiculously awesome.
Same for me; it's the only LE for Wii that I'm not actively seeking since I already have the SNES cart; it's just the roms slapped onto a DVD with no extras unliked all of the collections I have for the Wii. I'd only get it for the LE extras if it were offered at a very low price.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 02:56:40 pm »
Not posting here often, but this i like to share

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2016, 03:55:10 pm »
Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while, so I'm gonna include some Christmas pickups too.

PS4:
- Bloodborne
- Dragon Quest Heroes
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

PS3:
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition

Wii U:
- Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition

Gamecube:
- Puyo Pop Fever

Vita:
- Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

3DS:
- Dragonball Z: Extreme Butoden

NDS:
- Pokémon: SoulSilver Version w/ Pokewalker
- Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

GBA:
- Mr. Driller 2

PS1 Japanese Imports:
- Hoshi de Hakken!! Tamagotchi

amiibo:
- Lottie
- Bowser (Super Mario series)

Pre-Orders for this month:

PS4:
- Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

3DS:
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
- Final Fantasy Explorers

PS4 Japanese Imports:
- Skullgirls 2nd Encore -Skull Heart Box-

amiibo:
- Animal Crossing Wave 2
- Lucas

Not too busy of a month. Most pickups were from the last week of December. February is going to be kind of packed, though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:23:34 pm by gitaroo »

3DS FC: 3394 - 4954 - 1426 (please message me if you add me!)
Wii U: digicults
MyFigureCollection: gamagooru

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2016, 10:12:14 pm »
Starting my way into the realm of the PS4 with Killzone that I grabbed cheap at my retro game store and I got Bloodborne for 30 bucks with the gamers club thing at Best Buy.  Mostly just waiting to see if a new bundle shows up soon, maybe for Street Fighter 5 or something else since I'm not interested in the Uncharted or Call of Duty Bundles out now.  Mildly tempted by the Star Wars one, but I'm not really interested in multiplayer shooters on console.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:14:00 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2016, 12:21:09 pm »
Alright, here's my haul for the last couple of weeks. This is from Christmas cash, from 99Gamers.com trades, and a couple eBay sales.

There's A LOT of 360 stuff because I recently got an HD-TV and 360 games are getting quite cheap, so perfect timing! Been getting into Koei's "Warriors" series, a lot, too.

Oh, and it's a separate pic of Brain Lord because I forget to fit it in the original pic.

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2016, 05:12:01 pm »
Picked these up this week at goodwill:
Soul blade ps1 greatest hits cib 3$
Wii fit plus cib 3$
Green ps2 controller 5$