Author Topic: VR  (Read 7812 times)

silversyx

VR
« on: January 04, 2016, 01:23:30 am »
So I was thinking if people are even remotely okay buying another Konami game, what do people think of a VR Yu-Gi-Oh game?

gf78

Re: VR
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:34:57 am »
So I was thinking if people are even remotely okay buying another Konami game, what do people think of a VR Yu-Gi-Oh game?

I think Konami can shove it up their ass.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 10:53:40 am »

Tell us how you really feel.  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

silversyx

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 12:52:40 pm »

Tell us how you really feel.  ;D

Pahaha I agree. And they wouldn't be smart enough to do anything anyway but just dreaming. I'm pretty bitter about Silent Hills.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 01:03:07 pm »
Hopefully Konami (and Capcom) are just going through a rough patch. I hope they can come back as strong as ever, because they have some killer IPs.

indenton

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 02:58:31 pm »
I think I understand what you're envisioning here  you want the experience just like the Yu-Gi-Oh Anime,  I feel like it won't be practical for an actual card game and I'll go out on a whim and say Konami won't do that.  Just all of the things that has happened with Konami recently, I just don't care about what they're doing anymore. 

kashell

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 03:14:14 pm »

This made me laugh.

gf78

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 03:27:15 pm »
Hopefully Konami (and Capcom) are just going through a rough patch. I hope they can come back as strong as ever, because they have some killer IPs.

Capcom is solely into making video games and is actively trying IMO to get back into gamers good graces. Recent moves such as free DLC unlocked as you play Street Fighter V, talking about taking Resident Evil back to what made it great and actually releasing HD versions of the original, more popular RE games show they are trying.

Konami on the other hand is first and foremost a holding company with interests in toys, trading cards, anime, pachinko machines and health & fitness clubs in Japan. 

Where Capcom sees profits and revenue from video games alone, Konami makes money in all of their various ventures.  In the changing game market, Konami has diverted away from making traditional console and arcade games, opting for the more lucrative free to play phone game market.  Whether that trend continues is irrelevant.  Konami sees the dollar/yen signs there and have moved in that direction.  Konami has also scuttled most of their console game development and let go/terminated industry luminaries like Hideo Kojima and Koji Igarashi. 

Konami is done with console games.  And in the slightest chance that they may decide to return, their talent is gone and the only thing you would see is derivative sequels to their franchises with no soul or HD remasters and compilations of old titles. 

Put a fork in her....Konami's done.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 03:31:34 pm »
Pahaha I agree. And they wouldn't be smart enough to do anything anyway but just dreaming. I'm pretty bitter about Silent Hills.

Bitter doesn't begin to describe my seething, burning hatred for Konami and the cancellation of Silent Hills.  And just to rub salt in the wound, they removed P.T. from the PlayStation Store. 

As a fan of Konami's games and the potential for Silent Hills, I feel like that poor made fella in Goodfellas.  You know, the one they all stomp on after he insults Joe Pesci in the bar?  If that's not bad enough, the removal of P.T is like that one, last stomp Robert DeNiro made on the schmucks head and then said "Look what this f*cking mutt did to my shoes!" 

Yeah...that's how I feel.

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 03:46:12 pm »
A VR yu-gi-oh game would be pretty cool, actually. Though the games they've come out with so far aren't terribly interesting graphically, they do the job for folks. Makes me want to go back and watch the cartoon...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 04:16:40 pm »
If they were to make a Yu-Gi-Oh VR, then they really need to improve the presentation/graphics of the game; since the last few games such as Zexal Carnival and Legacy of the Duelist had mediocre graphics along with a somewhat lacking story mode. But I don't think that will happen, considering how they treat the fan of the regular card game.

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 04:50:13 pm »

Not my first choice for a VR experience.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 04:53:07 pm »
After what GF said about Konami, I did some Googling, and wow, Konami are worse off than I thought. I just thought it was a string of bad business decisions. But it looks as if GF is right, Konami is completely done with traditional video games. Their site is focused only arcade ticket machines for kids, and gambling machines.

...THAT SUCKS!!!

gf78

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 09:09:36 pm »
After what GF said about Konami, I did some Googling, and wow, Konami are worse off than I thought. I just thought it was a string of bad business decisions. But it looks as if GF is right, Konami is completely done with traditional video games. Their site is focused only arcade ticket machines for kids, and gambling machines.

...THAT SUCKS!!!

It is painful for me to see this happen. As much as Nintendo in some ways, Konami had a significant impact on gaming. Contra. Castlevania. Metal Gear. Track & Field. Gradius. Silent Hill. Zone of the Enders. So many more. Thrown to the wayside.

silversyx

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 10:44:39 pm »
At least we're getting Bloodstained, and Kojima is having at least a one night stand with Sony. Konami may have the IP but the talent is still out there.