Author Topic: Hardware naming  (Read 2539 times)

Re: Hardware naming
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 05:40:01 pm »
I do know though that "fat" in a fan name, and that "slim" is an official one. Fat should be avoided in titles, while Slim is good.
Do you still have/know the source of where Sony calls the PS2 Slim? I was having trouble locating it at the first glance in the Internet, and nor the box or the manual I have did not said anything about it at the first glance either (it's from the latest version), though I don't have a box of the earlier Slim PS2s to confirm (but a glance at box images on Google didn't said so either).

tripredacus

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 11:20:51 am »
Sony uses the terms 'slim' and 'slimline' for many of their products. It is a description of a design or a redesign. No where can I find it being used as a product name. Other things they use slim with are VAIO notebooks and televisions.

karyann

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 03:04:43 pm »
Do you still have/know the source of where Sony calls the PS2 Slim? I was having trouble locating it at the first glance in the Internet, and nor the box or the manual I have did not said anything about it at the first glance either (it's from the latest version), though I don't have a box of the earlier Slim PS2s to confirm (but a glance at box images on Google didn't said so either).

Sony uses the terms 'slim' and 'slimline' for many of their products. It is a description of a design or a redesign. No where can I find it being used as a product name. Other things they use slim with are VAIO notebooks and televisions.

After some searching, I think tripredacus is right. I knew I saw Sony mention them, but I didn't pay attention to the actual wording on systems, my bad  :-\ I guess we'll have to think this over too.