Author Topic: New Badges  (Read 1226 times)

New Badges
« on: January 13, 2016, 08:38:56 am »
I really like the concept of getting badges when doing stuff like editing entries on the site. Why can't we also have badges for the number of new entries a user has created? :) Alternatively, merge the count of New entries and Edits so they both count towards the Edit badges?

Re: New Badges
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 09:08:16 am »
I'd settle for the other badges (collection/anniversary) working at all.

telly

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 04:33:51 pm »
I just realized I never got my pro supporter badge either. :(
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

SilverBow

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:58:47 pm »
Yes, badges are fun. I've searched many threads covering the last couple of years about badges. What I learned so far is that there seemed to be programming issues that just didn't award them automatically. Furthermore, I got the feeling that the program is either suspended or in some sort of limbo. If you're lucky, a badge may randomly appear. The moderators have said that if you think you're missing a badges(s) you've earned, then let them know. Mysteriously, I have never found a complete list of available badges in my searching.  :(

jason

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 10:01:37 pm »
Yes, badges are fun. I've searched many threads covering the last couple of years about badges. What I learned so far is that there seemed to be programming issues that just didn't award them automatically. Furthermore, I got the feeling that the program is either suspended or in some sort of limbo. If you're lucky, a badge may randomly appear. The moderators have said that if you think you're missing a badges(s) you've earned, then let them know. Mysteriously, I have never found a complete list of available badges in my searching.  :(

For some of the badges, it is still a manual process unfortunately. SilverBow, I have set you up with the Pro badge. If anyone else needs a badge, please reach out to me personally and I'll get that fixed. :-)

telly

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 10:35:10 pm »
If I remember correctly, the collection badges were just handed to people who asked for them a while back since they didn't work. That's why only some people have them, and those that do are a little outdated. :o

Here's the link to the badge thread, SilverBow. :) The Staff, Pro and 5000+ badges aren't on that list though

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,131.0.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:37:08 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 11:30:15 pm »
If I remember correctly, the collection badges were just handed to people who asked for them a while back since they didn't work. That's why only some people have them, and those that do are a little outdated. :o

Here's the link to the badge thread, SilverBow. :) The Staff, Pro and 5000+ badges aren't on that list though

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,131.0.html

Back when badges were introduced the collection badges were actually automated.  It used to be that you kept each individual badge, but then it switched at some point where the previous badge was copied over with the new one like the edit badges.  For example if you look at my profile I have the 100, 200, and 400 badges because I earned 100, 200, and 300 before the new badge method was introduced and earned the 400 after it was introduced, thus replacing my 300 badge. 

The collection badges stopped working completely when the site switched to "VGCollect Version 2" in 2013.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 08:27:55 am »

For some of the badges, it is still a manual process unfortunately. SilverBow, I have set you up with the Pro badge. If anyone else needs a badge, please reach out to me personally and I'll get that fixed. :-)
Does that include the anniversary and collection badges, or are those broken any way you look at it?

jason

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 08:38:59 pm »

Does that include the anniversary and collection badges, or are those broken any way you look at it?

I still have to look into fixing the issues with those.